What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
One of these:

2018_06_24_09_13_47.png

The one I've set up has a dark matter tool rod, manyullyn battery (highest available battery capacity), thaumium pipe piece (extra modifier) and refined glowstone laser medium (best damage until i'm far enough along with DE to make chaotic stuff)

It's able to one-shot most mobs that aren't endermen. Goes nicely with a jetpack :)

So far i've added mending moss, lapis (fortune 3 death laser ftw) and then a bunch of quartz which [somehow] increases damage. Sharp ranged weapon lol

M

MikW

One of these:

2018_06_24_09_13_47.png

The one I've set up has a dark matter tool rod, manyullyn battery (highest available battery capacity), thaumium pipe piece (extra modifier) and refined glowstone laser medium (best damage until i'm far enough along with DE to make chaotic stuff)

It's able to one-shot most mobs that aren't endermen. Goes nicely with a jetpack :)

So far i've added mending moss, lapis (fortune 3 death laser ftw) and then a bunch of quartz which [somehow] increases damage. Sharp ranged weapon lol
What pack? I also made one of those laser guns. Different material on the handle and pipe piece though.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Oh, another new (to me) thing i've started messing about with.

RFtools elevators. The main floor of my base has been getting increasingly congested with side-rooms and stuff, so i'm going down a wee level. These things are so easy to use, they work bootifully with the nice RFtools screens for control and they're just generally cool.

2018-06-24_18.31.37.png

Shiny <3

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yeah, ever since the better blast furnace was added into the mod (and possibly before then, either way a long time) the crude one has not been automatable - whatever pipes you use. It’s one of multiple reasons the mod gives to upgrade when you can.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
One up, one down.

Randomthings has fertilised dirt again, yay!

However, can't plant agricraft crops on it. BOOOO!

Checked in the configs for both, not there. Sadface.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Tinker's alloys can be separated into their component metals by pulverizing the alloy ingots and putting the dusts into a TE centrifugal separator :p

What outputs do you get with Pig Iron - or can you just not pulverize that one?

J

JAguiar939

This is probably not intentional, but in Thermal Expansion you can make infinite sulfur by pulverizing coal, output the coal dust into a redstone furnace turning the dust back into coal and output the coal back into the pulverizer. Yes it's a loop but the secondary output of the pulverizer gives you sulfur, just output the sulfur out the pulverizer to keep the loop going for as long as needed.

J

JAguiar939

If IndustrialCraft and Thermal Expansion are both installed. A stack of coal can be turned into a vanilla diamond by putting a stack of pulverized coal into a TE compacter and leading it's output back into it's input.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
This is probably not intentional, but in Thermal Expansion you can make infinite sulfur by pulverizing coal, output the coal dust into a redstone furnace turning the dust back into coal and output the coal back into the pulverizer. Yes it's a loop but the secondary output of the pulverizer gives you sulfur, just output the sulfur out the pulverizer to keep the loop going for as long as needed.
Did not know you can smelt the dust back into coal! That’s a bit broken :)

J

JAguiar939

Did not know you can smelt the dust back into coal! That’s a bit broken :)

Not too sure if there's another mod adding the recipe, about to test it only with TE, but the coal dust and sulfur outputs are both from TE so I think it might just be TE recipe.

EDIT: Tried it with only TE installed and it's no longer possible. Will now try to find the mod that causes this

EDIT2: To my surprise, It's caused by Actually Additions

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
If IndustrialCraft and Thermal Expansion are both installed. A stack of coal can be turned into a vanilla diamond by putting a stack of pulverized coal into a TE compacter and leading it's output back into it's input.

(Goes to look up TE Compactors...)