What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I have confirmed that Thaumcraft aspects added by other mods (specifically Forbidden Magic and Magic Bees) do indeed have their own Mana Beans.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
The mana beans are generated dynamically from the aspect list. There are other addons which add aspects that would also create their respective beans. Thaumic Warden for example (Ugh that addon though, and the backstory of its development is CREEPY).

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Something I recently added to my 1.10.2 game just made configuring my Plants Iron Backpack much easier. It added an ore dict for list all flowers, list all fruits, list all veggies. I was using basic, fuzzy, and ore dict filters just to get enough slots, with the fuzzy used for the different flower types & overflow, ore dict for saplings, wood, planks, & anything with an ore dict tag. Now I can drop the fuzzy filter altogether and still have room leftover. My suspects are Birds Foods and Floricraft.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
The mana beans are generated dynamically from the aspect list. There are other addons which add aspects that would also create their respective beans. Thaumic Warden for example (Ugh that addon though, and the backstory of its development is CREEPY).

And here I was expecting 'creepy' to be something like 'Discover the hideous intelligence behind Taint, and learn that it holds a greater force at bay.' I think I need to use a stack of Purifying Bath Salts now.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. The backstory for the development. I probably should have emphasized that more. The mod is strange at first glance, and then if you do any digging into why? Brain bleach would be nice right about now, eh?

There are other addons which add aspects, but I couldn't think of any that weren't Magic Bees, Forbidden Magic, and Warden *shudder*

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Yeah. The backstory for the development. I probably should have emphasized that more. The mod is strange at first glance, and then if you do any digging into why? Brain bleach would be nice right about now, eh?

There are other addons which add aspects, but I couldn't think of any that weren't Magic Bees, Forbidden Magic, and Warden *shudder*

GregTech used to add a couple (I remember this from the old 'research assistant' web-app.) One for 'Cheatiness', and one for 'Stupidity' (Cognitio+Perdito - and a tiny brain image).

Reactions: Lethosos

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
ChromatiCraft actually adds some aspects as well, not sure of other mods.

EDIT: Just realized it might be good to tell you which ones it adds. It adds Perplexum, for puzzling and it adds Signum, for signaling and beacons.

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech used to add a couple (I remember this from the old 'research assistant' web-app.) One for 'Cheatiness', and one for 'Stupidity' (Cognitio+Perdito - and a tiny brain image).
Strontio, Nebrisum, Magneto, and Radio were the four it added. Having written the bulk of the InfiTech Thaumcraft I can more than remember those names.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Not so much discovered as thought of, and of course - like any good ideas - someone else thought of it months ago. But:

Astral Sorcery crystal being used to convert pumpkins to cake, and Kekimurus adjacent to eat the cake. Simple, straightforward mana generation. You could start off by making mana at one of the natural shrines and moving it around with tablets, and then use homemade collector and celestial collector crystals as you progress further through AS.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Rustic bees (MC1.10.2) bonemeal a 9x9 area around their apiary, and it feels like one of the faster ways of speeding up crop growth. I'm hoping there are more uses for the honeycomb in 1.12, a man only needs so many candles. I'm waiting on ender io, and now also Thaumcraft, before I make the jump.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Rustic bees (MC1.10.2) bonemeal a 9x9 area around their apiary, and it feels like one of the faster ways of speeding up crop growth. I'm hoping there are more uses for the honeycomb in 1.12, a man only needs so many candles. I'm waiting on ender io, and now also Thaumcraft, before I make the jump.

Wax is a pure Ordo, and honey gives you Permutatio and Victus... Assuming you don't need any Vinculum (whole combs).

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Wax is a pure Ordo, and honey gives you Permutatio and Victus... Assuming you don't need any Vinculum (whole combs).

no aspects on wax or honeycomb and no honey at all from Rustic in 1.10.2, but it is a nice thought. Rustic is being left incomplete in favor of 1.12 development. I believe Azanor plans on completing ThC6 in 1.10.2 before updating to 1.12, & I have no idea which side of things modded items aspects are added to, although vanilla materials used in crafting do add aspects to the crafted items. The bees do work on ExUtil2's Red Orchids, haven't tried the ender lilies yet.

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
only thing I can think of is Mead which when drunk gives you a wither ward effect

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Methinks its oredicted as yellow dye. Keep in mind that I'm still in 1.7.10, so that may not be the case in 1.8+; check NEI/JEI for what uses are available for sulfur.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
You can use a nametag on a Wither. The name will show above the boss-health-bar, and if you name it Dinnerbone, it will indeed fly around upside down.

(Also, spectator mode as a Wither is great for getting epic Ender Dragon flight shots.)