What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
It's almost a shame when empires die, but from their ashes, new empires will rise!

Band on!, brother.

What can two circles do?

In EvE, the biggest changes with empires dying and new ones arising are Goonsquad,

Basically, the Something Awful forum came over in bulk. They destroy first Band of Brothers, then Circle of Two. Both times it was insider action. But this is a group that really did "empire dies, new one arises".

Oh, and this is an example of why I will never play EvE. You basically have to join a group where this sort of thing can happen, Or you play wormhole where you get ganked every day, or you play in "Safe" space. And mine.

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
In EvE, the biggest changes with empires dying and new ones arising are Goonsquad,
yep goonies been at it for quite some time. been there when bob fell. it was very sad to see them go like that, i ran with an indy corp that produced goods for them. as for never playing eve because of that...you have to realize ccp actually WANTS and encourages this behaviour. The scamming, looting, pirating, spying, corp/alliance takeovers,hijacking of big expensive stuff...its all part of the game ;) you have to take risks, you have to learn the hard way what to do and what to avoid. as for safe space? read on....

theres a new faction gaining some ground called CODE. these guys are like a real life mafia, charging people for 'licenses' to mine and run goods thru certain choke points in eve. They love to gank new people that didnt 'buy a license' to mine or fly a freighter through their 'territory' (again, hi-sec choke points with slow response times from Concordokkens). very annoying and they actively spam any channels they can get anyone to listen to with their propaganda. and honestly, i dont think paying them (ive witnessed some people actually doing it) even matters. and then they get all excited and show off their shiny new killmails of some 2 day old pilot mining in a noobship. problem is every time they 'enforce' their code, concord police responds in kind with their own justice hammers and blow them out of the sky. And now they are starting to target the incursion runners, especially when they are transporting their ships to the next incursion area...those guys run multiple 2-5bil isk ships ( i have several as well) and its a bit of a nag having these guys camping out the hisec choke points

right now, the safest space is null sec. join an aliance that lives in null, and run with them. trust me. its a LOT more fun (and rewarding) than dealing with the constant drama going on in hisec. at least you know who your friends are ;)

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
yep goonies been at it for quite some time. been there when bob fell. it was very sad to see them go like that, i ran with an indy corp that produced goods for them. as for never playing eve because of that...you have to realize ccp actually WANTS and encourages this behaviour. The scamming, looting, pirating, spying, corp/alliance takeovers,hijacking of big expensive stuff...its all part of the game ;) you have to take risks, you have to learn the hard way what to do and what to avoid. as for safe space? read on....

theres a new faction gaining some ground called CODE. these guys are like a real life mafia, charging people for 'licenses' to mine and run goods thru certain choke points in eve. They love to gank new people that didnt 'buy a license' to mine or fly a freighter through their 'territory' (again, hi-sec choke points with slow response times from Concordokkens). very annoying and they actively spam any channels they can get anyone to listen to with their propaganda. and honestly, i dont think paying them (ive witnessed some people actually doing it) even matters. and then they get all excited and show off their shiny new killmails of some 2 day old pilot mining in a noobship. problem is every time they 'enforce' their code, concord police responds in kind with their own justice hammers and blow them out of the sky. And now they are starting to target the incursion runners, especially when they are transporting their ships to the next incursion area...those guys run multiple 2-5bil isk ships ( i have several as well) and its a bit of a nag having these guys camping out the hisec choke points

right now, the safest space is null sec. join an aliance that lives in null, and run with them. trust me. its a LOT more fun (and rewarding) than dealing with the constant drama going on in hisec. at least you know who your friends are ;)

The scary thing is not that someone is doing that in high security space.

The scary thing is that a group was looking at doing exactly that at about one year into EvE's life, realized that they could (exploiting bugs in the response of the AI police ships to get away with it), and I don't remember why they decided not to.

Lets move the EvE discussion over to https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/eve-discussion-moved-from-what-have-you-discovered.259672/

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Turns out that you can pipe liquids from an Ender I/O tank directly into a casting table. A Resonant Tank full of Resonant Ender makes a lot of Ender Pearls.
Casting basin too, and any of the other tico blocks that can contain liquids. If you dedicate a smeltery to, say, making blocks, filling with a pipe is usually faster than with the drain/tap thing.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Casting basin too, and any of the other tico blocks that can contain liquids. If you dedicate a smeltery to, say, making blocks, filling with a pipe is usually faster than with the drain/tap thing.
This is very true. I used a similar system in the first agrarian skies, but using the Deep Tank from the Tinker's Steelworks add-on; I had filtered thermal expansion pipes pumping specific metals into casting basins, and it was very quick compared to using a faucet.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Liquid translocators and Mek pipes also work wonders. I typically put my smeltery's primary output thru one of those to a basin, and pipe from the basin to a table with an ingot pattern. After that, all you need are a way to get blocks and ingots into storage and you've basically got my early game ore duplication setup.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Liquid translocators and Mek pipes also work wonders. I typically put my smeltery's primary output thru one of those to a basin, and pipe from the basin to a table with an ingot pattern. After that, all you need are a way to get blocks and ingots into storage and you've basically got my early game ore duplication setup.
What I'd like to figure out next is an easy way to use a bunch of basins and ingot casts at a time without ending up with fractional amounts in any.

I can probably do this with RFTools controls (I'm guessing), but basically some logic along the lines of
* If liquidAmount > 9 ingots, pour 9 ingots worth into NextAvailableBasin
* Else, pour 1 ingots worth into NextAvailableIngotCast

That would be amazing-fast scaleable output.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

I've already got my main smeltery set up with the fluidducts and itemducts - tipping 63 (or other multiple of 9) dust into a hopper and walking away is great. Got a turn-off switch for when I need to make an alloy. But I need Resonant Ender for three different things (Enderium, reactor coolant, and Ender Pearls.) So the Res. Ender duct from my Mob Melter now goes into the original tank, and from there to the casting table so I can nab buckets-worth or however many pearls I need.

Reactions: Pyure

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
And the smeltary itself can be used as a storage tank. Useful since seared stone is a fairly nice building stone.
Also true, although isn't there now a dedicated Tank multiblock in tinkers (in 1.10.2 at least)? I think its called the Tinker Tank and - if memory serves - can store molten metals without them alloying, much like the Steelworks Deep Tank did

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Also true, although isn't there now a dedicated Tank multiblock in tinkers (in 1.10.2 at least)? I think its called the Tinker Tank and - if memory serves - can store molten metals without them alloying, much like the Steelworks Deep Tank did

This is correct... It holds a LOT of fluid and has the same max. size as the Smelter (11x11x11 IIRC). There's also the TC oven, which operates on multiple different items simultaneously and also can be 11x11x11.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
I'm using the tinker tank right now for lava in my Age of Engineering instance.
Wanted something bigger then the 16B Ender IO tank early on.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
The Reliquary hunters handgun counts end crystals as "entities". So when I shot the gun in the end. They got removed from my screen but they functioned the same.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
That IS interesting! Is it randomly generated per drive, or does it inherit the properties of the chunk(s) that it's built in?
Good question, not sure - needs further investigation :)

But, going by the sounds of it, it's not based on the chunk because the person who discovered it was looking for quartzite veins and couldn't find them, built the drive, and then found a quartzite vein INSIDE the drive!

Reactions: Shiphty
T

TriadHero117

Cooked silkworms are one of the best foods in the world in terms of saturation, giving more of it than food.