What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Do either of these beat the RFTools Crafter Tier 3?

RFTools crafter is lightning fast, can manage 8 recipes, can push results back into an internal buffer for further processing, has a fairly intuitive interface, and probably some other things I'm not thinking of.
Did you forget that it has both fast and slow mode?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Do either of these beat the RFTools Crafter Tier 3?

RFTools crafter is lightning fast, can manage 8 recipes, can push results back into an internal buffer for further processing, has a fairly intuitive interface, and probably some other things I'm not thinking of.
Forever stranded doesn't have RF tools, was one of the first things I searched for :D

Pics or it didn't happen. Explanations of workings are appreciated. Probably not here, per see, but somewhere, with a link so I can shamelessly steal learn from your ideas.
It was actually relatively straightforward. 2 crafters required and enderio conduits.

Put the 2 crafters on top of each other, in the bottom one, put the iron rail recipe, and put a conduit to it to feed it iron. I also used a counter filter to ensure there is only ever 6 iron in it. The right hand 3x3 is the crafters inventory, so I filled the other 8 spaces with stone.
The crafter auto outputs upwards, so the rails will fill the inventory (so again, put some stone in to stop having a mass of iron wasted on rails). Only 1 mesh will be crafted (as they do not stack), so enderio conduits again to feed the auto-sieves.

With enough stored rails, and the small amount of iron then needed to keep them topped up, you will get a net gain in iron.

I also used the RF engine upgrade so they are powered by RF instead of solid fuel, expensive on redstone, but so much easier to work with.

I was going to post some screenies of my game world in the community base topic.

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
You know, the Ring of the Flying Squid in ExUt2 1.12 is pretty fun! It works as a pretty good jetpack for lack of substitutes, and it's relatively cheap to make. It helped a lot on my quest to get a ghast for the angel ring!

Last edited:
Reactions: Drbretto
C

Chef

Found a stable Mystrcraft world filled with oil, took me a long time to find a stable world with the mod, and I'm for some reason, attracted to grabbing oil and turning it into fuel! Hooray!

Reactions: KingTriaxx

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
You know, the Ring of the Flying Squid in ExUt2 1.12 is pretty fun! It works as a pretty good jetpack for lack of substitutes, and it's relatively cheap to make. I helped a lot on my quest to get a ghast for the angel ring!

I wish I had thought of that. I had to Tarzan over lava oceans with a grappling hook for 45 minutes.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
What's EvE?
An online MMORPG. A single-shard/universe with lots and lots of people, running on many, many computers (one to 4 solar systems per computer, and there's ... hundreds of solar systems, plus wormhole space, ...).

It is a space combat and mining game. You can either play normal player vs environment quests in high security space, or go into the PvP zone in low security space. Then, theres ... null space. Zero security. A small amount of this is controlled by NPC's, but most of it is controlled by player groups.

And, the "space security / anti intruder" devices -- basically, this universe's version of TAD, which keeps enemy capital ships out of your systems -- are owned by players.

Guess what happens if a player that you trust with the ownership isn't as trustable as you thought.

"EVE" stands for "Everyone vs everyone".
Even in high security PvE space, some merchants demonstrated that the market could be PvP'd.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
An online MMORPG. A single-shard/universe with lots and lots of people, running on many, many computers (one to 4 solar systems per computer, and there's ... hundreds of solar systems, plus wormhole space, ...).

It is a space combat and mining game. You can either play normal player vs environment quests in high security space, or go into the PvP zone in low security space. Then, theres ... null space. Zero security. A small amount of this is controlled by NPC's, but most of it is controlled by player groups.

And, the "space security / anti intruder" devices -- basically, this universe's version of TAD, which keeps enemy capital ships out of your systems -- are owned by players.

Guess what happens if a player that you trust with the ownership isn't as trustable as you thought.

"EVE" stands for "Everyone vs everyone".
Even in high security PvE space, some merchants demonstrated that the market could be PvP'd.
EvE is also one of the most prolific game economy systems ever made, and has been used to replicate and study global market prices.

Was there a particular reason why you brought it up, or just assumed the crossover in game cultures would make them mutually exclusive?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
EvE is also one of the most prolific game economy systems ever made, and has been used to replicate and study global market prices.

Was there a particular reason why you brought it up, or just assumed the crossover in game cultures would make them mutually exclusive?

*suddenly gets it* Empires falling. Specifically, @keybounce 's post of
Band on!, brother.

What can two circles do?
is referencing the recent epic fall of The Circle Of Two.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
*suddenly gets it* Empires falling. Specifically, @keybounce 's post of
is referencing the recent epic fall of The Circle Of Two.
I need to check and see if the Empires of EVE podcast will cover that. There's tons of stories out there, both in null and low sec space.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
so...i did discover a cool thing..but not so little ;)

selqXiWIhqNWSjAMBYc90z60gb8IO1aMUb126yEC34r0CsPrs6IIBPkvq8gelvKtcep85tt4dq9jpjEIqMVSqdB8UJ6X9GzXol5qRTjaXcFXNzUEEq4GmfkQdoGs9ed-XvKOA3rZce7uNaTjFRK2i2BRF9S-0xigwmPRdKifQF9_ELIURJKfbKSoeop9MhknMHER0bMr66B3Ht3vxOJ0qTC_HPJPnS-jND1OIEHr_D0agQZECY_f380Me22zSDuk_x-CqDz6RChhdmatjOsZKPFXP8IvuboIpCG8TUF72HVaj9SQ-Rg3LL8MPFCkfyt7CsB5spQ8fYWDj8Ot55N_KMtZhoTexKnXEzVZ9DuGzTV7_GLCzjl37cDicgMEnRQQ7tpNyu2MBNu2i7e1E-43xVQpoP8RPJ71m09GS6sJv4zv_EVOSSKNySdE7JR5HdKNXE73MOZF0mQn2pMphK5qn3vcQtiPoYOvXPTRl_H3Oqaac9PpBSnhxFwYnk6JreztKy_F59XqUyuxJ17rWaYW6aOzuIUAk7fELInpB-LV7MnZfOvVK9tytk_zkx6nFdM-0wkV-zAKeUP69hTzVRGFhnCJmkzYhPp4drz1OgwSnA=w1480-h832-no
so i started a new map with ftb inventions. I went mining deep underground and i found a dungeon...lo and behold there was 2 mega rubber saplings in the loot chest. I planted one, figuring eh..it probably wont be *that* big. I come back up and was greeted to this sight. I was like...woah. So me being the slick one, i grab an axe (ftb inventions has treecapitator) and tried to slay this massive beast. Nope..not happening ;) Treecapitator almost blew up my cpu when it tried to figure out where the top of this thing is, couldnt get past 2% before letting go of the button. gonna wait till i can sick an army of turtles or something on it.

I remember MFR did this in an earlier version..possibly in FTB monster..but it was MUCH bigger than this. sacred rubber tree? and has anyone tried harvesting one of these? im really curious what kind/massive amount of drops you get.

side note: I am a major fan of Eve. at one point i had 4 pilots running, multiboxing them for some crazy solo mining ops. Soon i will have that rorqual in the belts...soon ;)

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
so...i did discover a cool thing..but not so little ;)

selqXiWIhqNWSjAMBYc90z60gb8IO1aMUb126yEC34r0CsPrs6IIBPkvq8gelvKtcep85tt4dq9jpjEIqMVSqdB8UJ6X9GzXol5qRTjaXcFXNzUEEq4GmfkQdoGs9ed-XvKOA3rZce7uNaTjFRK2i2BRF9S-0xigwmPRdKifQF9_ELIURJKfbKSoeop9MhknMHER0bMr66B3Ht3vxOJ0qTC_HPJPnS-jND1OIEHr_D0agQZECY_f380Me22zSDuk_x-CqDz6RChhdmatjOsZKPFXP8IvuboIpCG8TUF72HVaj9SQ-Rg3LL8MPFCkfyt7CsB5spQ8fYWDj8Ot55N_KMtZhoTexKnXEzVZ9DuGzTV7_GLCzjl37cDicgMEnRQQ7tpNyu2MBNu2i7e1E-43xVQpoP8RPJ71m09GS6sJv4zv_EVOSSKNySdE7JR5HdKNXE73MOZF0mQn2pMphK5qn3vcQtiPoYOvXPTRl_H3Oqaac9PpBSnhxFwYnk6JreztKy_F59XqUyuxJ17rWaYW6aOzuIUAk7fELInpB-LV7MnZfOvVK9tytk_zkx6nFdM-0wkV-zAKeUP69hTzVRGFhnCJmkzYhPp4drz1OgwSnA=w1480-h832-no
so i started a new map with ftb inventions. I went mining deep underground and i found a dungeon...lo and behold there was 2 mega rubber saplings in the loot chest. I planted one, figuring eh..it probably wont be *that* big. I come back up and was greeted to this sight. I was like...woah. So me being the slick one, i grab an axe (ftb inventions has treecapitator) and tried to slay this massive beast. Nope..not happening ;) Treecapitator almost blew up my cpu when it tried to figure out where the top of this thing is, couldnt get past 2% before letting go of the button. gonna wait till i can sick an army of turtles or something on it.

I remember MFR did this in an earlier version..possibly in FTB monster..but it was MUCH bigger than this. sacred rubber tree? and has anyone tried harvesting one of these? im really curious what kind/massive amount of drops you get.

side note: I am a major fan of Eve. at one point i had 4 pilots running, multiboxing them for some crazy solo mining ops. Soon i will have that rorqual in the belts...soon ;)

If'n I remember correctly, the original 'Enchanted Sacred Rubber Tree' (tool-tipped 'Pakratt's World-Ship') was essentially included as a developer's test for the MFR Harvester. So, my instinct would be to slap one of those together, and let it go to town. I've seen at least one YouTuber grow the ESRT and set the thing on fire - if you thought your CPU was about to blow up with Tree-cap, I do not recommend trying this approach.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
If'n I remember correctly, the original 'Enchanted Sacred Rubber Tree' (tool-tipped 'Pakratt's World-Ship') was essentially included as a developer's test for the MFR Harvester. So, my instinct would be to slap one of those together, and let it go to town. I've seen at least one YouTuber grow the ESRT and set the thing on fire - if you thought your CPU was about to blow up with Tree-cap, I do not recommend trying this approach.
Oh god the FPS of burning one those must be like -1.