What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Not exactly 'cool', but - Never, ever move anything that you've placed from IC2. Even with the IC2 wrench. *swears incoherently at the Reactor that turned into a Generator*

Reactions: triggerfinger12

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Not exactly 'cool', but - Never, ever move anything that you've placed from IC2. Even with the IC2 wrench. *swears incoherently at the Reactor that turned into a Generator*
fwiw I believe there's a config for that. I've been moving IC2 machines around for the last 45 minutes with a pickaxe.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
That was always one of my biggest pet peeves about IC2. If you're playing 1.7, JABBA Dollies work decently without running to much immersion.

F

Flux_Doctor

When I play Infinity Skyblock ... I have found an interesting way to get ender pearls using Tinkers Construct ... Early game -- after you have an automated cobblegen, make a full size smelter 24 blocks away from your main area... Cover the top, cover the view inside the seared tank. Add a hot liquid like some aluminum brass etc. with an enderIO fluid tank (the cheap one). Go do other things.... Come back later-- You should see a lot of blood, useful later, and a smaller amount of resonant ender. 1 enderman = 1 bucket. If you make a gem cast, you can cast ender pearls, or make enderium before you have a magma crucible.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
When I play Infinity Skyblock ... I have found an interesting way to get ender pearls using Tinkers Construct ... Early game -- after you have an automated cobblegen, make a full size smelter 24 blocks away from your main area... Cover the top, cover the view inside the seared tank. Add a hot liquid like some aluminum brass etc. with an enderIO fluid tank (the cheap one). Go do other things.... Come back later-- You should see a lot of blood, useful later, and a smaller amount of resonant ender. 1 enderman = 1 bucket. If you make a gem cast, you can cast ender pearls, or make enderium before you have a magma crucible.

Conveyor belts and a single fan make it more efficient:
CA42T5r.png

And a couple of Hardened Fluiducts and switches make it quick to empty. If you don't empty it all the way, the blood will serve as your 'hot liquid', but if you oopsy, four zombie flesh and a block of smooth sandstone will put 100 mB of blood back in there.
mKy3PAS.png

(Yes, that's the top-end fluid tank, and it's around half-full.) The hopper is full of gravel and feeds into a smash/sift/smash assembly line. A hopperhock in the back collects all the drops, including regular Enderpearls and the occasional Dimlet.

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I discovered that progressive automations crafter beats the EnderIO crafter, especially in Forever Stranded and automating Iron Meshes. My infinite resource machine is now complete.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered that progressive automations crafter beats the EnderIO crafter, especially in Forever Stranded and automating Iron Meshes. My infinite resource machine is now complete.
Pics or it didn't happen. Explanations of workings are appreciated. Probably not here, per see, but somewhere, with a link so I can shamelessly steal learn from your ideas.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Pics or it didn't happen. Explanations of workings are appreciated. Probably not here, per see, but somewhere, with a link so I can shamelessly steal learn from your ideas.
Do either of these beat the RFTools Crafter Tier 3?

RFTools crafter is lightning fast, can manage 8 recipes, can push results back into an internal buffer for further processing, has a fairly intuitive interface, and probably some other things I'm not thinking of.

Reactions: triggerfinger12