What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I've never really worked with the librarians, if I'm understanding you correctly (villagers that sell enchanted books, I'm guessing). But I can tell you that this boomerang is never leaving my hotbar, except when it's in my offhand slot.

Ok, I may have accidentally killed some of my livestock from leaving it in my offhand slot when I went to feed them. But this is entirely offset by being able to harvest my leather and feathers without jumping into the pen. And I have reaper on it, which is the only way to harvest sugarcane.

But with Bladerang V, it does some significant damage! I haven't bothered with a bow since. This thing is stronger than my (unenchanted) emeradic crystal sword, AND it loots for me from a distance. I can stand on one block in a body of water and clear out the squid in a minute without having to dive fir the ink. Love love love this thing.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I used my boomerang a lot while building. If I happen to drop materials (especially before I have a magnet), it makes it easier than climbing down and back up to get them back. It was a nice piece for combat, but if you miss a shot in the open (say, in the Nether against a distant Blaze), the return time can feel like an eternity.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Couple things recently. First, I finally took a decent look at Engineer's Workshop, and I have to say, it looks pretty darn awesome. Crushing, pulverizing, autocrafting, and an alloy smelter all in one block? Or stick 4 of the same thing in one for massive parallel processing? Granted, the crafting probably won't be used at this point in my world since AE, but the other stuff...I could even set it up so that one or more were set pulverize only with different input/output sides than the ones that pass to a furnace setup. Only thing I'd really miss is the secondary outputs and one of TE's ore tripling methods.

Second thing I discovered is that Prefab's Aqua Base building fits a Draconic Evolution max-tier storage+reactor pretty much perfectly, and looks awesome doing it.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I'm embarrassed to say that I just noticed yesterday that Journeymap renders a tiny black dot for thaumcraft (4) nodes. Its not always easy to see, particularly in a "dark" biome, eg something with lots of trees or dark stone, but its there.

Since I find nodes really damn hard to see even with the goggles on, this is really nice for me.

Do you turn the lighting off? If you go out at night you can easily see nodes because they are light sources :)

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
A nifty little piece of Funky Locomotion called the Frame Projector. When I discovered that FM didn't have frame microblocks in 1.10, I was a bit worried that my plans for an AE chunk eater were already sunk, then I discovered this beauty. Such a simple idea, just a block that can pull a cone of blocks with it, but without it I couldn't support the AE cables while still keeping the frames within the boundaries of the annihilation planes, which for obvious reasons would be a problem.

I also discovered that Woot's boss-tier spawner is...very powerful, in terms of resource gathering. *looks at the stacks of draconium from running it on the ender dragon for just a few minutes*

Reactions: AlexDeathwind

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Sweet. I just watched up to the first checkpoint, then stopped. I wanted to find the map, but it wasn't shown in the description for that video.

Got a link to the map?

Did some poking, and it looks like MediaFire pulled the file. :( (I'm guessing it was a copyright strike on the use of 'Indiana Jones'.) Map creator was named 'TheBirdy'

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
After years of using the Remote Orderer from Logistic Pipes, I just discovered today that you can use the scroll wheel on your mouse to adjust the amount you want to order... So much time wasted click +-1, +-10, +-64...

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I discovered the same thing rhn did, and yet I keep forgetting. Possibly because the scroll wheel on my mouse is occasionally over enthusiastic and the buttons are more precise. It's also inverted.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I discovered (probably very late to the party, and confirmed on this forum thanks to a kind forumite!) that IE effectively has its own radioisotope thermoelectric generators, because you can use the mods own uranium blocks!

Also, there's an add-on called Immersive Petroleum, which sounds awesome.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The Malisis Doors rusty ladder. Its not cheap, mind, but its a lovely looking item for making buildings look really quite old and industrial.

Also, related to @Death_Rictus's post, I discovered that the Garden Cloche isn't restricted to 1.11 (its in 1.10.2 as well), and is in fact in the most recent version of Beyond.