What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure how this interacts with power flow though.

Experiment: removed logistic pipe (with power transfer upgrade) that delivered items and power to and from my auto-crafting machinery in the south quadrant of the base. It was a corner junction that also received high volumes of items from a tesseract.
Result: Power continued to be delivered to all machinery*. Items entering the warp itemducts from the tesseract were all delivered to the default route, despite the default route being the only logistics pipe they came into contact with.

My empirical evidence indicates that itemducts (at least the warp variety) act like they possess power transportation upgrades, aka they route the power lasers places; additional tests revealed that this is only the case if there are less than four logistics connections on the itemducts. Further tests are planned to explore this (I would have thought it would have a max of two, but with three power is still delivered)

In addition, items entering the itemduct from a non-logistics connection appear to be routed to the correct destination automatically. further tests are planned to determine if they are simply being delivered to the closest location, or if they are actually being routed.

Reactions: rouge_bare

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
If I make up a stack of something in the rolling machine, I can get the final one to craft by clicking it in the GUI.

No more getting stuck with four residual steel in the machine when i go making steel tank bits :)

Reactions: Fraction2

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
If I make up a stack of something in the rolling machine, I can get the final one to craft by clicking it in the GUI.

No more getting stuck with four residual steel in the machine when i go making steel tank bits :)
Doesn't it even say that that is the case?
I believe it does

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
There's a tooltip to that effect I believe.
The tooltip reads "Click to Craft," if I remember correctly, which is a little cryptic. Especially since the machine will craft automatically if you just give it another set of ingredients.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
It's one of the odder systems for assigning recipes out there yeah but it's not too bizarre, just need a secondary copy of the ingredients. Of course if you're not automating at the time it's useful to just craft them all.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
The bees added by botania aren't just the annoying first option brought up to get in the way when you click something unrelated in NEI.

The Floral bee produces like ALL the basic petals.

FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't cool. Its actually fairly dire when you think about it. But it is an interesting observation thanks CinemaSins.

Number of sequels/prequels is proportional to the sin tally. (pre/sequels almost always score higher then the original)
And newer films seem to have a much higher sin count then older ones.

Shakespeare said that every tale to tell has already been told. With a few possible debates, we've yet to prove him wrong.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't really fit in this thread, but I wanna say that I'm glad were no longer in a phase of mod packs that everyone wants every single mod in every pack. I mean now we're also kind of leaving the HQM phase as well and where certain mods look to be taking themselves in 1.8.9 I feel like things are gonna get really interesting in a good way.

bdew

Jul 29, 2019
Note that's configurable and you can set bees to needing requirements, I know in InfiTech at least the four seasonal bees are set to need date requirements. Thought that was the default too but can't find stuff to back that up.

Yep. It's configurable, by default all "holiday" bees are set to enforce requirements, but not jaded.

Here's the default config: https://github.com/bdew/gendustry/blob/mc1710/resources/assets/gendustry/config/tuning.cfg#L147-L158

Other mods can also change that using the API, but config files take priority.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
The rock crusher looks to have been able to suck in items through the top for at least a year and a half, the git didn't exist before September 2014 so can't tell you about earlier then as reliably. Although wiki pages since at least as far back as late 2012 have mentioned it taking input from the top and outputting from the sides, I think the destruction/damage of anything on top of it was added in 1.6 based off other comments on wikis. So basically it's been that way forever?

For an actual discovery, the pink generator from XU seems to actually be useful, despite generating pathetically small amounts of RF while powered they actually have a special effect, acting like a lower power but ranged version of Pure Love. So boosting the aging and breeding of all nearby animals, seems to be 8x slower and even slower again for inducing love mode but it only requires being within a few blocks of the generator instead of actually touching the block as with pure love. Naturally the effect only works while they're generating, it stacks too though.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
The rock crusher looks to have been able to suck in items through the top for at least a year and a half, the git didn't exist before September 2014 so can't tell you about earlier then as reliably. Although wiki pages since at least as far back as late 2012 have mentioned it taking input from the top and outputting from the sides, I think the destruction/damage of anything on top of it was added in 1.6 based off other comments on wikis. So basically it's been that way forever?

For an actual discovery, the pink generator from XU seems to actually be useful, despite generating pathetically small amounts of RF while powered they actually have a special effect, acting like a lower power but ranged version of Pure Love. So boosting the aging and breeding of all nearby animals, seems to be 8x slower and even slower again for inducing love mode but it only requires being within a few blocks of the generator instead of actually touching the block as with pure love. Naturally the effect only works while they're generating, it stacks too though.

When you say it stacks, do you mean it stacks with Pure Love? Or with other Pink Generators? Does a 8x Pink Generator work faster or have larger range? There is potential for much abuse here...

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
When you say it stacks, do you mean it stacks with Pure Love? Or with other Pink Generators? Does a 8x Pink Generator work faster or have larger range? There is potential for much abuse here...
It should stack with everything, looked at the code from one of the deobf versions of XU posted, it's just a tileentity that applies the effect with no checks to see if anything else applies a similar effect as well. The only limitation is the same as with Pure Love, it stops causing animals to enter love mode once you hit 32 of them within 8 blocks of them? Think that range is right but not sure enough of how to mod minecraft to know.

As with the nether star generator the effect shouldn't change depending on 8x or 64x, just how much power is generated.
I can pipe out, but not in. This may be the 1st time I've actually tried to automate it. I can set up something to drop things on top, but I haven't figured out the best way to shut things down when the rock crusher fills up.
You can just pipe things in through the top, I do it in my infinity expert world.

Reactions: Pyure

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I can pipe out, but not in. This may be the 1st time I've actually tried to automate it. I can set up something to drop things on top, but I haven't figured out the best way to shut things down when the rock crusher fills up.

BuildCraft Gates is your answer. Have one detect machine inventory and another emit Redstone signal to stop the incoming material.