What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
The thing is that you get hurt if you're in it when metals are smelted, I think + you can't have any blocks or doors in it. Not really possible to make it your home and functional

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The thing is that you get hurt if you're in it when metals are smelted, I think + you can't have any blocks or doors in it. Not really possible to make it your home and functional
You're a smeltery-is-half-empty kinda guy. You can always have a jetpack to get in and out, with a perfectly serviceable (trap)door on top.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Mount it in the floor, and fill the top row with glass.
Okay, that's easily the fanciest thing I've ever heard. Especially if you have it automated with visible piping so you can watch your molten metals whisk by. OOH! Use ExtraCells' fluid storage buses and a set of big, clear tanks to store your metals in molten form, using liquid crafting and casting tables to automate the production of ingots whenever you need them.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Binnie's Mods let you do cool stuff with wood and glass.
2016-03-19_21.56.09.png

You can also do cool stuff with clay tiles.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, your 9x9 can have the smeltery above you, so you pour down to where you are, or below you, so you can look down on your creations!

Hey, isn't there something that lets you stick a room inside a block? Can you stick a smeltery iside that?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Yea, your 9x9 can have the smeltery above you, so you pour down to where you are, or below you, so you can look down on your creations!

Hey, isn't there something that lets you stick a room inside a block? Can you stick a smeltery iside that?

If you mean compact machines, I'm pretty sure.

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
In Infinity, thermal expansion induction furnaces can make steel (output is refined iron, it evaded my nei search for steel for quite a while). No more waiting for railcraft blast furnaces!

edit : originally said reinforced iron, silly me

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
In Infinity, thermal expansion induction furnaces can make steel (output is reinforced iron, it evaded my nei search for steel for quite a while). No more waiting for railcraft blast furnaces!
Since it technically makes refined iron, it is much more difficult to find.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
So a while ago(It wasn't today but oh well) I made an energy system out of recycled potatoes. It's not that complicated. All you need is the dynamo that takes energy out of items. And the witchery oven. You just feed potato capacitors to the dynamo. And then extract the cooked ones and un-bake them in the witches oven. It was mainly as a joke because it wasn't super efficient but it still did better than i expected.

And that was the main power source, I just had a big reactor as a back up ;P

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
For fighting the Chaos Guradian:

Draconium Armor: Mandatory (Draconium flux capacitors especially multiples if you can swing it, Last stand and a LOOOT of levels is a good idea as well)
Draconium Bow: Worthless.

Seriously. The best is about 15 damage and that's with sharpshooter. It's not even enough to take out the pillars. By contrast a well made TiC crossbow does 70.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
I fought the chaos Dragon a couple of weeks ago and I discovered it is the biggest coward in gaming I have ever seen. While invulnerable, it's in your face but as soon as you are able to even scratch it, it runs away up to render distance and spams hundreds of homing missiles at you and as soon as you get close to shoot it with a bow, you get bombarded by these charged enderpearls that teleports you 500 blocks away in a random direction. Even into the void.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Gendustry is even more loltastic than I previously thought. The mutatron completely ignores any weird conditions needed for the mutation. So Leporine bees outside of easter and Jaded bees despite not being Jadedcat.

Win :)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Gendustry is even more loltastic than I previously thought. The mutatron completely ignores any weird conditions needed for the mutation. So Leporine bees outside of easter and Jaded bees despite not being Jadedcat.

Win :)
Note that's configurable and you can set bees to needing requirements, I know in InfiTech at least the four seasonal bees are set to need date requirements. Thought that was the default too but can't find stuff to back that up.

Reactions: malicious_bloke