What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I've got another one
462a4d69bb.png

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Seeds for plants from Pam's harvestcraft work with agricraft crops.

Industrial grade vegetable garden here we come :)

Reactions: Vasa

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Found out that I can stack my ReactorCraft reactor design vertically (one core group atop the other), and it doesn't overheat and blow up. Though, prolly gonna keep it 2 deep, at most, because I'm very wary of meltdowns, even if I'm building my reactors in the Last Millennium because ChromatiCraft world rifts transmit not only shaft power, but ReC steam, as well.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
That getting into agricraft for better seeds is definitely worth it
they grow faster and yield more. It's great and really not that hard.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Found out that I can stack my ReactorCraft reactor design vertically (one core group atop the other), and it doesn't overheat and blow up. Though, prolly gonna keep it 2 deep, at most, because I'm very wary of meltdowns, even if I'm building my reactors in the Last Millennium because ChromatiCraft world rifts transmit not only shaft power, but ReC steam, as well.

How do you input/output fuel?

I could never stack my design vertically since my fuel cores have ME buses on the top and bottom.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
How do you input/output fuel?

I could never stack my design vertically since my fuel cores have ME buses on the top and bottom.
Pretty sure fuel and waste filter downward through stacked cores, and water and steam filter upward through stacked boilers. So one set of export buses and steam lines on the top and one set of import buses and water lines on the bottom will work just fine.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Someone Else 37 is entirely correct. ReC fuel cores work much like hoppers, except they don't output unless explicitly hooked up to some method of item transport: they propagate items downwards to the bottom-most slot until all slots are filled. Steam boilers work like reverse hoppers. If you're pressed for horizontal space, you can exploit this, since neutrons don't propagate vertically, but adjacent blocks of any kind provide thermal insulation for your fuel cores, so be careful. A design that runs hot when 1-deep will run at least a little bit hotter when stacked 2-deep or more and, when it comes to ReC, having a lot of heat is a bad thing, since that heat can run away relatively quickly, causing a meltdown.

TL;DR: You can stack them vertically, just keep in mind that any inner blocks (ones not touching a boiler or non-solid block) will have more insulation and will, thus, be at least somewhat hotter.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Discovered that tahara potion crystals cure radiation sickness! Apparently, the steel blocks I use to shield my reactor had become radioactive (go figure) and I'd been afflicted with it while cleaning it up. Hooray for magic!

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
My discovery: Casting channels from TiCo split any fluids they receive in precisely equal proportions. So, I was able to use them to divide incoming pulses of 600 mB into four paths, two of which got 200 mB each and two of which got 100 mB each. I could then recombine three of the paths for precisely 500 mB in total, which is necessary for a shiny new Deep Resonance block that I'm experimenting with to work without wasting resources.

gwirk

Jul 29, 2019
  • Storage drawers and steve's workbenches work wonderfully well together. You can easily set up complex autocrafting for items requiring many steps. This is my early game AE system.
  • When piping magic apiaries with pipes, you need to pull from the sides to extract combs. Pulling from the top or bottom will extract the queen. This can be usefull if you have a large array of magic apiaries and you want to regurlarly switch species. Ender io conduits or steve's factory manager can help you to completely flush your system with the flick of a switch.

Last edited:

Syrinori

Jul 29, 2019
  • Storage drawers and steve's workbenches work wonderfully well together. You can easily set up complex autocrafting for items requiring many steps. This is my early game AE system.
  • When piping magic apiaries with pipes, you need to pull from the sides to extract combs. Pulling from the top or bottom will extract the queen. This can be usefull if you have a large array of magic apiaries and you want to regurlarly switch species. Ender io conduits or steve's factory manager can help you to completely flush your system with the flick of a switch.
Can you go into detail on the first? What exactly is the synergy?

gwirk

Jul 29, 2019
If you put each workshop next to a controller slave and set it to auto transfer to and from it, you will have access to the whole array of drawers. When you setup a recipe in the workshop it will automatically pull item from the drawers and push the result into it. You can set up 4 recipes per workshop and daisy chain recipes without having to think about wiring. You dont have to rewire anything if you change recipes.

Syrinori

Jul 29, 2019
If you put each workshop next to a controller slave and set it to auto transfer to and from it, you will have access to the whole array of drawers. When you setup a recipe in the workshop it will automatically pull item from the drawers and push the result into it. You can set up 4 recipes per workshop and daisy chain recipes without having to think about wiring. You dont have to rewire anything if you change recipes.
That is amazing. Thank you for the details! ^_^

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Just from that description, you'd have two banks of drawers--a big collection of single-drawer raw material storage, and a small 2x2 bank of 4-drawers specifically for holding crafting steps as the factory module does its magic.

You would have to retrieve the finished product from the small bank, but it's easier to hide the big storage array anyways.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Using equlivent energistics to auto craft/export blaze rods into a pulverizer that auto-outputs to an EMC condenser makes for a handy positive EMC feedback loop. With enough extra to convert to power for it all and still have a surplus.