What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
True, but when I saw this what came to mind was Erza Scarlet of Fairy Tail, so...

Also does this mean Excaliber is gone then? Or... is there another way to get it?
I felt the same :p
No, it seems Excalibur has been deleted from the mod altogether in lieu of the Key. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
True, but when I saw this what came to mind was Erza Scarlet of Fairy Tail, so...

Also does this mean Excaliber is gone then? Or... is there another way to get it?

I'm pretty sure its from Fate Stay Night because when Vazkii teased the item on youtube he named the video "Gate of Babylon", which is the name of the ability. The caption read "I've been watching a lot of Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works".

I don't think it can be more direct than that lol.

Excaliber has been removed and there is no way to obtain it.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure its from Fate Stay Night because when Vazkii teased the item on youtube he named the video "Gate of Babylon", which is the name of the ability. The caption read "I've been watching a lot of Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works".

I don't think it can be more direct than that lol.

Excaliber has been removed and there is no way to obtain it.
Yeah but I still saw Erza more than Fate.

What is the cacophonium at the end of the video? I googled it and found this.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently waiting to see if anyone noticed something different in the What's New thread since yesterday... ;)

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
I learned that you can see the state of pressure plates even when you can't see the entities causing them to change. I had a pretty typical endoflame feeding set up with a pressure plate and an open crate/hopper combo, and as I was walking through my base I noticed the pressure plate going up and down, despite the fact that I couldn't see the coal coke being dropped on it. Just seems weird that they'd show the state of pressure plates at a larger range than items are rendered.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I noticed that you can, at least to some extent, use wildcards in NEI search. For instance, "light*wool" will find "Light Blue Wool" and "Light Gray Wool", and "(s?|b)one" will find "Stone" and "Bone".
Now find me a way to search in my ME network for "Stone" and ONLY "Stone" :p

Tired of looking through hundreds of items or fiddle around with filters whenever I just need to find some smooth stone ;)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013

Tired of looking through hundreds of items or fiddle around with filters whenever I just need to find some smooth stone ;)
make a system that automatically renames all stone that enters the system to "the real smooth stone of realness" :p

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

Try ^stone$

Pretty sure that works in NEI; I don't know if AE will accept it.

Reactions: ljfa

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Try ^stone$

Pretty sure that works in NEI; I don't know if AE will accept it.

If that doesn't work and you have a mod that adds storage barrels, like JABBA for instance, have your AE system fill the barrel with smooth stone and put the smooth stone barrels wherever you're most likely to need some smooth stone. :D

If you need it for recipes that require smooth stone in them, or for automating Botania, have it directly request it from the AE system, or have a recipe available that turns cobble into smooth stone in any mod furnace available to you.

If you don't want to go the barrels route but don't care about giving your smelting setup something to do whilst not processing ores, you could set it up so that it will fill a storage disk with smooth stone automatically for you, although preferably you should dedicate a setup just to fill smooth stone orders.

There are many ways to get AE to deliver any amount of smooth stone for your needs. Searching the internet may help! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid