What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
With enough drawbridges and ablative meatshields in the form of cats and nobles valiant warriors?

Yes.

(remember, neither nobles nor cats are actually people, so they don't count towards the death count)

tumblr_mk221fhWpy1r7av8go1_1280.jpg

Disclaimer: That's actually the Elf King of Dwarves, not an actual dwarf, but since he's adopted the entire dwarven mindset it's fine. :p

I haven't actually made a Dorfputer... :(
I've played some DF and I have breached the HFS, but I've never really done anything particularly dorfy. So far, my most dorf-like (mis)adventure was training an army of twenty hammer dwarves with full steel plate armor, who were used to obliterate a goblin "invasion" without more than a bruise or two (I think it was two). When a forgotten beast attacked, I sent them towards it, and all but two died. Whoo! Dwarf Fortress! :p
Your image is borked. [Edit: You fixed while I was posting. Oops.]

Also (and I apologize for continuing to go off-topic), what I meant was referring to how the adamantine vein is half submerged in magma. You can certainly mine out the middle and leave the outside parts in place; however, that's still a fair amount of adamantine sitting right there serving no purpose other than preventing the mineable part of the vein from flooding with magma. You could fix this by walling off the part of the magma sea immediately surrounding the vein (by dripping water in it to form an obsidian dam, for instance, then either pumping the rest out or draining it into the HFS; I'm disregarding the contents of the HFS itself here)... but that seems a bit overkill. Is there a more efficient way to do it?

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Your image is borked. [Edit: You fixed while I was posting. Oops.]

Also (and I apologize for continuing to go off-topic), what I meant was referring to how the adamantine vein is half submerged in magma. You can certainly mine out the middle and leave the outside parts in place; however, that's still a fair amount of adamantine sitting right there serving no purpose other than preventing the mineable part of the vein from flooding with magma. You could fix this by walling off the part of the magma sea immediately surrounding the vein (by dripping water in it to form an obsidian dam, for instance, then either pumping the rest out or draining it into the HFS; I'm disregarding the contents of the HFS itself here)... but that seems a bit overkill. Is there a more efficient way to do it?
Mod your dwarves to be fireproof? ;)
Again, the contents of the HFS can be taken care of with just a couple drawbridges. And remember, there is no word for "overkill" in dwarven.

We're not off-topic. These are all cool little things we are helping to enlighten people about. :D

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
What? When?
Since version R1.7 209:
Botania Changelog said:
R1.7 209
  • Added a recipe for cobwebs.
  • Added factorization's new dark iron ore dictionary key to the orechid's list. (TheWhiteWolves)

--snip--

• Made the Rod of the Molten Core's sound a lot less infuriating.
  • Passive flowers now get replaced with Dead Bushes when they despawn rather than getting removed altogether.
  • Prismarine now animates properly.
  • Removed the Holy Sword Excaliber and replaced it with something far cooler.
  • Removed the regen from the Ring of Odin. It already gives you a full heart bar, come on.
  • Replaced the Mana Pool HUD's Sparing/Accepting text with a more pleasing visual.
  • Repurposed the Eye of the Flugel a bit, I wasn't happy with what it did before.

--snip--

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
This very much reminds me of "Verethragna, The Persian God of Victory". It was said that his attacks were somewhat similar to what is shown here with the exception that Verethragna used a golden sword.

Nonetheless, I still think it rather impressive and cannot wait.

Is that from legend/folktales? Sounds interesting.

The concept is actually from an anime called Fate Stay Night. It's an ability used by Gilgamesh, the hero from the Epic of Gilgamesh. The ability is called "Gate of Babylon" which enables him to summon legendary weapons and artifacts from his personal armoury.

In the anime Gilgamesh also uses a golden sword, called Ea and he uses it to deal an attack called Enuma Elish. I imagine the author of the story used many references from Mesopotamian legend to embellish this particular character.

I'm a massive nerd when it comes to the Typemoon universe.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Is that from legend/folktales? Sounds interesting.

The concept is actually from an anime called Fate Stay Night. It's an ability used by Gilgamesh, the hero from the Epic of Gilgamesh. The ability is called "Gate of Babylon" which enables him to summon legendary weapons and artifacts from his personal armoury.

In the anime Gilgamesh also uses a golden sword, called Ea and he uses it to deal an attack called Enuma Elish. I imagine the author of the story used many references from Mesopotamian legend to embellish this particular character.

I'm a massive nerd when it comes to the Typemoon universe.
True, but when I saw this what came to mind was Erza Scarlet of Fairy Tail, so...

Also does this mean Excaliber is gone then? Or... is there another way to get it?