What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Not something that is new to me, but apparently not many people seem to know that you don't have to right-click items onto Botania's Runic Altar - you can also drop them. Which is more convenient when you drop them straight out of your inventory, without needing to occupy the hotbar.
Does it still spin around though?

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
Not something that is new to me, but apparently not many people seem to know that you don't have to right-click items onto Botania's Runic Altar - you can also drop them. Which is more convenient when you drop them straight out of your inventory, without needing to occupy the hotbar.
ooo dispensers!

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
ooo dispensers!

Hopper into a dispenser so you can just shift-click all the ingredients to be dropped for you. Dispenser with a wand in it on a timer will auto-activate the altar once all the ingredients are in.

I !@#$ing hate any drop mechanic in minecraft, it is the most annoying thing on the planet and any mod dev who decides to add dropping shit onto the floor/heart glyph/altar/water/whatever as a mechanic should be shot repeatedly

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Hopper into a dispenser so you can just shift-click all the ingredients to be dropped for you. Dispenser with a wand in it on a timer will auto-activate the altar once all the ingredients are in.

I !@#$ing hate any drop mechanic in minecraft, it is the most annoying thing on the planet and any mod dev who decides to add dropping shit onto the floor/heart glyph/altar/water/whatever as a mechanic should be shot repeatedly

I am ok with the Thaumcraft crucible, Id even go as far to say I enjoy using it sometimes. And the witchery cauldron/kettle isnt so bad and looks cool with the fire underneath. Honestly its the only logical way to handle brewing stuff in a "witchy" sort of manner. Other than that, I agree with you.

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
Silk Touch on a Excavation wand focus works differently than Silk Touch on a tool (pickaxe, etc.).

For example, with Nether Ores, when you mine them normally, they aggro Zombie Pigmen and have a chance of making adjacent ores start hissing and smoking (and exploding after a few seconds unless you mine it). Putting Silk Touch on your pick suppresses these effects. However, the effects still occur if you mine them with an Excavation wand focus, even with Silk Touch.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Probably because you're usually too busy charging at them yelling a battlecry or running as fast as your legs can take you.
never killed a witch :(
It's more like... "Oh, a witch... Dangit, I hate poison. Whatever." *swings three times*
Ding, dong, the witch is dead, the witch is dead, the witch is dead... Ding, dong, this song's stuck in your head!
They're really just annoying to kill. I haven't died to a witch in a long time now.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I am ok with the Thaumcraft crucible, Id even go as far to say I enjoy using it sometimes. And the witchery cauldron/kettle isnt so bad and looks cool with the fire underneath. Honestly its the only logical way to handle brewing stuff in a "witchy" sort of manner. Other than that, I agree with you.

Just let me right click the stuff in so I don't have to switch off magnets, or worry about golems, or hopperhocks, or vacuum hoppers, or transfer nodes, or myself standing 1mm too close and picking the shit up before I've dropped everything down.

I agree GUI's on those things would be a bit ugh, but god dammit right-click!!!!

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
Just let me right click the stuff in so I don't have to switch off magnets, or worry about golems, or hopperhocks, or vacuum hoppers, or transfer nodes, or myself standing 1mm too close and picking the shit up before I've dropped everything down.

I agree GUI's on those things would be a bit ugh, but god dammit right-click!!!!

If you're crafting many of the same kind you can just drop/rightclick the items once and then for all subsequent attempts you only need to right click the altar with an empty hand and it will autofill the altar with all the necessary items.

The same applies to petal apothecary.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
If you're crafting many of the same kind you can just drop/rightclick the items once and then for all subsequent attempts you only need to right click the altar with an empty hand and it will autofill the altar with all the necessary items.

The same applies to petal apothecary.

Ranting about the drop mechanic in general not Botania specifically, it's actually ok and allows alternatives... Other mods not so much

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Yep. Also, if you're going to automate runes, dropping is necessary for certain items (trying to right-click bone meal from a dispenser will not work, for example).