What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
edc94e53ee.png
Are you sure those swords won't give you radiation poisoning?

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Drinking Destabelized Redstone from Thermal Dynamics with a Straw from MFR adds a level to each buff/debuff u have and doubles the time.

Example: drinking a potion of strength gives the player Strength I for 2 minutes. After drinking Redstone its increase to Strength II with a duration of 4 minutes.

This method can increase any buff/debuff up to lvl 4 with a max duration of 8 minutes

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Drinking Destabelized Redstone from Thermal Dynamics with a Straw from MFR adds a level to each buff/debuff u have and doubles the time.

Example: drinking a potion of strength gives the player Strength I for 2 minutes. After drinking Redstone its increase to Strength II with a duration of 4 minutes.

This method can increase any buff/debuff up to lvl 4 with a max duration of 8 minutes

Can stack with items y/n?

So I have a runic dungeons strength amulet permanently giving me strength 1.

If I slurp some redstone this will up my buff?

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Actually this has been a thing since 1.6 XD, im suprised not many ppl know about this :)

Also u can keep drinking it indefinitly, to double the time each time.

As for the amulets, i dont know tbh, dont those give the effects without a time duration?

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Actually this has been a thing since 1.6 XD, im suprised not many ppl know about this :)

Also u can keep drinking it indefinitly, to double the time each time.

As for the amulets, i dont know tbh, dont those give the effects without a time duration?
Generally the duration is just a couple seconds, but gets refreshed every so often.
Realistically, the amulet probably either overwrites the doubling immediately, or just reverts to the original level after 8 seconds (or however many) passed.

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
Generally the duration is just a couple seconds, but gets refreshed every so often.
Realistically, the amulet probably either overwrites the doubling immediately, or just reverts to the original level after 8 seconds (or however many) passed.
It also depends on how the effect is coded. Some machines and items don't refresh the effect if you already have the same effect at a higher level. You can also just remove the item, then drink the redstone before the effect expires (assuming the item doesn't immediately erase the effect when unequipped).

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Found out quasirecently that if you use Witchery to curse a high HP mob into taking damage for you until it dies or your cursing poppet breaks and keep the high HP mob in a pit filled with healing liquids you can extend your life significantly.
Isn't that considered black magic tho...? IIRC the consequences aren't too deadly, just witch hunters.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Not something that is new to me, but apparently not many people seem to know that you don't have to right-click items onto Botania's Runic Altar - you can also drop them. Which is more convenient when you drop them straight out of your inventory, without needing to occupy the hotbar.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I found out about the right-click option later, which was nice because dropping items can sometimes be annoying when you have vacuum blocks nearby (ahem hopperhocks)