What are you currently playing?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Custom pack which far surpasses any pack out there in terms of features thanks to running the latest builds on everything, self compiled when needed.

Makes things a bit unstable so I have automated backups and try to minimize the number of world altering mods just in case I have to remove one. The highlights are Mekanism and Big Reactors, although I am enjoying Tinkers Construct and Thermal Expansion a lot this time around.

It lacks a bit in the magical department, having only Thaumcraft. If Ars Magicka is not performance heavy then I may add that because I hear it has some very nice spells later game.

Darkling54

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing direwolf20 1.6.4 version 1.0.10 but then I got off, came back and in its place was 1.0.11 and it won't download.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
a private pack for the official jsano fan server, I call it "FTB medium" because it only has 56 mods (83 loaded) but it has most of the coremods normally used and removing the not needed ones.

list: http://bit.ly/19JeVXN

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
A self made pack based off Forgecraft Lite, self updated every two or three days. I play mostly single player and I find most mod packs don't update enough, and they all include way more mods than I have the time or the interest in using. Much better to use 20 mods plus utilities that I will fully explore than 100+ mods most of which I don't care about.

Reactions: SonOfABirch

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla...

In all seriousness, in SSP I've got a Better Than Wolves world and a modified Magic Farm. I added Twilight Forest, Witchery, Bibliowoods, Ars Magica 2, Lava Monsters, Underground Biomes, Binnie's Mods, Gendustry, Better Storage, ATG, BDlib, Plugins for Forestry! Project Red, Wireless Redstone, Translocators. I enabled ExtraUtils pipes and all BoP biomes. Thinking about adding Zombie Awareness and Mo' Creatures.

In SMP I've got a DW20 server with ATG. That's my more stable server. I have a custom modpack server which changes a bit too much to avoid a monthly reset.

Sometimes in SMP I enjoy mini game servers and adventure maps. I favour Hypixel's server and maps.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
playing a ridiculous 1.6.4 pack that was "democratically" put together by some local friends and myself, i call it the "f-it, let's add all of the things" pack.

basically it's magic farm base, gutted direwolf20 mods pidgeonholed in, with a sprinkling of bs on top. with all of the added mobs, config changes, and the changes by mods to mechanics, the first night kinda sucks if you don't find shelter quick.

ars magica 2
applied energistics
ATG
autoutils
backpack
bibliocraft
binnie's
blood magic
buildcraft
carpenters blocks
chickenchunks
chisel
chococraft
computercraft
deadlyworld
denpipes
electrodynamics
enderstorage
engineerstoolbox
enhanced portals 3
extracells
extraTiC
extrautils
factorization
finndusfilles
forestry
galacticraft + planets
gendustry
gregtech
hungeroverhaul
ic2 (nano/quantum disabled)
iguanatweaksconstruct
infernal mobs
ironchest
jabba
magical crops
magicbees
mariculture (with a massaged config to make it nicer to the world)
mffs
minefactoryreloaded
natura
nei
netherores
obsidianplates
openblocks
openperipheral
pam's harvest
project red
railcraft
reactorcraft
rotarycraft
small boats
switches
sync
tinkers construct
thaumcraft
thaumic tinkerer
thermal expansion
tmechworks
torchlevers
witchery
wr-cbe

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
Primarily, I'm playing a modified version of Magic World 2. I also play on stock MW2 and Tech World 2.

My version of Magic World 2...

Removed
Farlanders
BetterStorage

Updated
CoFHCore to 2.0.0.2

Added
BuildCraft
denLib
DenPipes
DenPipes-Emerald
DenPipes-Forestry
Extra Utilities
Forestry
Iron Chests
Railcraft
Steve's Carts
Waila

Essentially, I took Magic World 2 and made it more like Magic World 1. I prefer a world with both magic and technology... sort of a steampunk/magic theme. I tried to add PowerCrystalsCore & MineFactoryReloaded, but I've been having some issues with that (I think it's Natura-related, but not sure). I may end up adding Factorization instead, but I prefer MFR.

I had ATG in there at one point, and I might put it back again... I vastly prefer the surface worldgen of ATG, but I've had some issues with caves being rare and shallow. There's also the "ocean village" problem.

As to the two removals...

1. I just don't like Farlanders' worldgen. The Ender Golems that kill everything they see are also a problem for me... I've filled my inventory just from running past an Ender Golem in a Rainbow Forest.
2. While I love the alternate storage options in Better Storage, I really dislike working with double chests. With Iron Chests, I can put two chests side-by-side without them connecting, and I don't have to worry about linking both sides of a double chest to an item duct.

EDIT: Added ATG, created a new world, and spawned in to a baby zombie beating the tar out of me, lol.

Last edited:

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
I'm waiting for the Monster pack to be ready so I can add a few mods that appear in other FTB packs but were sadly overlooked, such as the hats mod.

DAYUM I love that mod...

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
MagicFarm2 with Gendustry added for the Sampler and Imprinter.

(I've done the Isolator-->Synthensizer-->Purifier-->Inoculator shuffle a thousand times already in previous worlds, TYVM.)

@Jadedcat did not only a fantastic job putting this pack together - it's consistent, balanced, and suits my gameplay style - she's also done a great job with support.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
I've been doing better then wolves for a good while in SSP. I've just joined a 1.6 Direwolf server. That's about it, except for a custom 1.6 GT pack I've put off because of GT items not being able to survive 1.7.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Tinkering around with 3rd party modpacks atm. I felt a desperate urge to play a tough gregtech game and haven't really found a good one yet. I may need to assemble something like a 1.6.4 Unhinged at some point.

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
At the moment I'm using Tech World with Carpenters Blocks, Iron chests, Dartcraft and Galactiacraft. What about you guys?

Well, I'm kind of using a combination of Monster and Tech World 2. It's basically Monster without Thaumcraft, and I added Carpenter's Blocks, Adv Machines, Adv Solars, Compact Solars, GraviSuite, GregTech on easy, EE3, ICBM, Morph and a couple of other mods.

acker

Jul 29, 2019
I'm waiting for the Monster pack to be ready so I can add a few mods that appear in other FTB packs but were sadly overlooked, such as the hats mod.

DAYUM I love that mod...

Your profile pic mathes your reply perfectly.

-x-

What I'm playing:

Skyrim
Diablo 3
Battlefield 4
Ass Ass in creed IV - Black Flag

and hosting a private server (barely) running a Monster 1.0.5 server, with Zan's Minimap. I almost removed Thaumcraft 4 from the modpack, but my friend likes it and will try it later, but I removed taint spread. Maybe I'll add the Arquimedes Ship thing. Last sunday I walked 5km just to find a desert in the ATG world we settled in. So. Yeah. But I don't know how/too lazy to search for a guide on how to install extra mods from a server.

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
Since I have too much time on my hands, I'm playing three modpacks, though only one is supported by the FTB launcher. I'm playing Direwolf20 1.6.4, Attack of The B-Team, and Terrafirmacraft (which isn't a modpack, but changes just as much if not more than the two packs.)