Werewolves the matrix. [Game Thread][Championship Practice]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
erindalc's post, he's not making any new town claims he didn't read before him, and he excuses his wolf claim by saying its a gut read. Which I sometimes do as a wolf. See last start.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
erindalc's post, he's not making any new town claims he didn't read before him, and he excuses his wolf claim by saying its a gut read. Which I sometimes do as a wolf. See last start.
I'm looking at his post from the perspective that we previously suspected him because of a weird vote on Nojr. I am accepting the fact that erin did in fact make a joke vote, I had a suspicion of such earlier but it was just crossing into serious territory.

Also my top two scum reads were erin and fred, so for erin to vote fred it makes me feel more confident about my fred vote and it makes erin look townier.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I missed some stuff, I see.

Hm. Pyure and Vike are arguing. Probably not both wolves.

If I'm a town cop then my n0 peek was that the_j is villager. No one touch him today.
"Seer hunt clear" is the term for this, correct? Seems townish to me, although in that Wild West game, somebody got called out for maybe kind of trying to do that. So I dunno.

That said, if I am a town cop, then my N0 scan was that Nojr is a villager. Take that as you will.

This is not helping. None of these have posted since the game began. And you striked Sora out for whatever reason. Also, being passive is a scumtell since you can't tell scum and villagers apart when they are not speaking and giving opinions.

Look who hasn't spoken yet.

Vote Corpsecat

Please speak.

Hello.

Now it would be fair to push someone else who hasn't spoken.

##vote Lethosos

I would still like for you to speak more, as with everyone.

It's not a judgement. It's merely a push. Did I mention RealKC was active 37 mins ago?
Vote RealKC
As others have said, Fred's been ridiculously pushy here. I don't know him well enough to say if that's typical or not, but I don't like it. Bad vibes and all that.
## Vote Frederikam

Let me just say, momentum without purpose leads to a crash.
I like this guy. I don't know who you are, but I like the way you think.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Shazam posting at the start of the game = town.
Hooray?

I feel like I should dispute this. :p

Also if I do the multi quote I'll forget what I was thinking by the time it came to post.

Doing it this way allows me to be a better town
And I'm on mobile
Mobile veteran here. Hit "reply", type your response, then scroll up to the next post you want to quote and hit "reply", rinse repeat.
CorpseCat: Don't know him really, but probably town I think
Can I ask what made you read town on Corpse? It was a gut read, I know, but what led you there?
Also my top two scum reads were erin and fred, so for erin to vote fred it makes me feel more confident about my fred vote and it makes erin look townier.
Or you could have those flipped.
Erin voted for Fred after Vike posted his Erin/Fred reads, so it's possible erin saw that and is just trying to distance himself from fred to avoid being lynched.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Can I ask what made you read town on Corpse? It was a gut read, I know, but what led you there?
I can't think of anything particular, just his general behavior.
Erin voted for Fred after Vike posted his Erin/Fred reads, so it's possible erin saw that and is just trying to distance himself from fred to avoid being lynched.
Fred seems super aggressive this game, which was my reasoning for that read. It's possible he's just a hyper villager too, but that's not how I feel right now.

Last edited:

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, I randomvote on D1 and D2 by default just to shake the tree, but I'll agree that he's trying to shake the whole damned orchard on D1.

I do think that the Pyure/Vikestep argument feels pretty genuine in terms of them not both being wolves. (Especially since they do this sort of thing later in the game if they are, but this early, nope.) Doesn't rule out either of them as one, but I'll take a 50/50 any time.

Under consideration, I will ##vote Fred.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
I am slowly losing hope in this game if not for this community in general.

At Mafia Universe, activity levels are quite different. I tend to be more passive there, but everything is relative. I don't think I can be passive in a community like this, because there always seems to be a rather passive town. This is the ideal town in the perspective of a wolf. This setup was shaped after MU and the championships. Extreme levels of activity should be expected, but this isn't the case here. Think more than 1000 posts instead of 100 on D1.

The wolves have very little interest in seeming aggressive. Aggression isn't subtle here. The wolves want to stay low profile, and generally do not need to push villagers. They merely need to influence the lynch in their favour. VikeStep should know that I am NOT aggressive as a wolf.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
upload_2016-4-19_7-59-51.png

Look at any of the MU games we have played. You will see the town has pushed the other players around to get them to speak. I am not accusing him of being a wolf. I am solely putting him in a spotlight.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
You aren't aggressive as town either.
Mumble mumble burden of proof
I have fred and spwnx as most wolfy right now. Victini doesn't shine a whole lot either.

Frederickam: Most wolfy. He was the most active player, and the most, shall we say, aggressive. He inserted his "name" into town several times. He was extremely positive towards the world, which is usually an alarm for me: town pyure is too suspicious/paranoid to be so positive. I have two notes on him saying "Look, I'm so town."
-"Seconded Beta!", read from Pyure about Fred (both were town). 'Aggressive' mentioned by name.

For what it's worth at this stage, I'm reading townish on fred. He's accusing a large amount of people from the very start of the game, which is counter-intuitive for a wolf that wants to stay anonymous.

The wagon's kinda sketchy now, too. Leth's vote was an antismite, SE's and Erin's votes were based on bad vibes and "being pushy", and yours was a process of elimination between your two top suspects.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
vote robijnvogel for the cop-out self-vote. That's just like voting nobody. Which we sort of all but outlawed here because it turns out to be bad for gameplay.
To be honest, my self-vote is never meant to stay, but it does make the people seconding it look a little bit suspicious, I guess?

Actually, I'll vote Letho, because of Pyure's call on him in #30. I don't think that's a killing vote, right?
EDIT: And before I forget to put this down to writing, I have a gut feeling that SE37 is in the mob. Assuming this would lead to Pyure and Corpsecat probably being mobsters as well. Vike dying tonight would support this claim. All my suspicion on SE37 is based on #64.

@dylanpiera, shouldn't you call out to all people who haven't responded to this thread yet? If you're not technically allowed to, can one of us players do that?

Last edited:

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
You aren't aggressive as town either.
Just look at Seconded Beta. Being aggressive got me lynched on D1 as a villager. Don't commit the same mistake again.

My style of play is quickly evolving as a player who hasn't played much in recent years. The fact that I acted differently in one game as town a some weeks ago doesn't mean much anymore, as my methods are different now.

I would like to push @Someone Else 37 for not being very reasonable either. He sort of gave an opinion on CorpseCat, but it was very vague why he liked him.
Going to do proper reads when I have time. Currently doing a large group report and I don't want to slack from my group responsibilities, so I'll be back later.

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, wow look at this mess. Posts that look somewhat suspicious.
Well I thought I'd get a post in before I head to class. I was sleeping during the whole name claim debacle and I was actually a wolf last game. Went the opposite way this time around with a vanillager role. I actually was really hoping not to get a wolf role this time around. It can be quite stressful. And since absolutely nothing happened yet besides discussion about the last attempt, there's not really much to say.
Oh it's the "I'm a villager" thing again.
But seriously, I don't make snap judgements this early in the game. I'll vote when I'm good and ready.
some people prefer to post later.... or maybe they are busy taking care of other things..watching you people duke it out can be very entertaining. Lots of time left on the clock.
I mean, I could see why a villager would post this, but... it's just wolfy.
To be honest, my self-vote is never meant to stay, but it does make the people seconding it look a little bit suspicious, I guess?

Actually, I'll vote Letho, because of Pyure's call on him in #30. I don't think that's a killing vote, right?
EDIT: And before I forget to put this down to writing, I have a gut feeling that SE37 is in the mob. Assuming this would lead to Pyure and Corpsecat probably being mobsters as well. Vike dying tonight would support this claim. All my suspicion on SE37 is based on #64.

@dylanpiera, shouldn't you call out to all people who haven't responded to this thread yet? If you're not technically allowed to, can one of us players do that?
Anyways, Robin just seems to be going with Pyure's "analysis". And I don't see why Vike dying tonight will make So37, Pyure and Corpse mafia.

And those who voted for Fred are scummy too
Idk what you're playing at here. I don't like fred right now. I don't think anyone would agree with your reasoning here.
:mad: y u do dis

##Vote Frederikam
I need to stop binge watching Netflix...

So...

Pyure: Town probably
CorpseCat: Don't know him really, but probably town I think
Fred: He's being really pushy...which is kinda wolfy. (mafia-y?)
This is just my gut read...

##Vote Fred I was just joking about nojr...I meant to put antismite.

I'll be watching a little more and paying attention now, life is a little quieter.
Fred seems super aggressive this game, which was my reasoning for that read. It's possible he's just a hyper villager too, but that's not how I feel right now.
As others have said, Fred's been ridiculously pushy here. I don't know him well enough to say if that's typical or not, but I don't like it. Bad vibes and all that.
## Vote Frederikam
To be fair, I randomvote on D1 and D2 by default just to shake the tree, but I'll agree that he's trying to shake the whole damned orchard on D1.
Under consideration, I will ##vote Fred.
Why? Because I think Fred being pushy is just perfectly fine. I do not see any problem with him calling out those he thinks are inactive. It's a great way to generate discussion. This makes those voting for Fred suspicious, as they seem to be just looking for reasons to vote for someone.

In fact, I'm going to ##Vote Vike he doesn't usually do stuff like this

Z

Zexy

Alright I messed up hard a while ago so I haven’t really read the new thread at all till now…

From meta and his few posts, I lean town on CorpseCat.

Not sure about frederikam,town!him may be doing this inactive pushing a lot, but it is very easy to pull this off as a wolf too. And many people who know him think he’s wolf.

Pyure’s posts all feel townie-genuine despite the jest. I like him.

vote robijnvogel for the cop-out self-vote. That's just like voting nobody. Which we sort of all but outlawed here because it turns out to be bad for gameplay.

That vote looked so joke it is actually suspicious that YOU want to push robij for something like that...

If I'm a town cop then my n0 peek was that the_j is villager. No one touch him today.

lol rng, peeks, and the rest.

If I am cop my n0 peek was that VikeStep is villager :D

Erin vote on Fred is quite interesting. Both look bad, and now we have the one voting the other about it.

Also if I do the multi quote I'll forget what I was thinking by the time it came to post.

Don't listen to them, play the MU way :D

Erindalc is looking better from this post.

I think that post was easy for a wolf to make. Town Pyure, Town Corpse, Wolf Fred, Vote Fred. Shows off that they worked towards getting townreads when they are the kind of townreads it's very easy to make. Then they wolfread the best candidate that isn't them and try to push him.

Why wouldn't wolf!erin vote town!fred in this case? Would look townier and paint Fred as scummier in your eyes, just what wolf!erin woud like?

Not saying that erin is definitely wolf, just that wolf!erin could very easily play like that.

## Vote Frederikam

When too many people vote someone too easily, early on, that someone tends to be town…

Lethosos wagoning Fred that much doesn’t make them look good.

The wolves have very little interest in seeming aggressive. Aggression isn't subtle here. The wolves want to stay low profile, and generally do not need to push villagers. They merely need to influence the lynch in their favour. VikeStep should know that I am NOT aggressive as a wolf.

Talking about here or MU?

Shazam first post didn’t feel very towny. Robij vote on Letho is good.

I would like to push @Someone Else 37 for not being very reasonable either. He sort of gave an opinion on CorpseCat, but it was very vague why he liked him.

Going to do proper reads when I have time. Currently doing a large group report and I don't want to slack from my group responsibilities, so I'll be back later.

Agreed. Why did you drop the whole "voting for them for a post or two, changing my vote around a lot" thing, though?

I don’t really like Victini either. Quotes, quotes, quotes, very few reasoning, vote Vike. Who I think is top town.

I'll ##VOTE: Lethosos for now. Suspicious enough to warrant a d1 vote, good counter-wagon to Fred whose votes piled up extremely quickly.
the real reason is because they're totally insane wolfy-wolves if Yogg-Saron is whispering them things all this time

Z

Zexy

Fwiw, most suspicious people now are Vike, Erin and Leth. And Robin to a lesser extent.
I won't disagree with anyone but Vike. You may not be too bad, I'll need more content from you to form a better read.