Werewolf organisation

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
pc_assassin: short version.

You start the game divided into 2+ groups. Generally "good guys" (villagers) and "bad guys" (wolves) although the teams vary from game to game. As a rule of thumb, there's usually going to be an approximate ratio of 4 villagers to 1 wolf.

The wolves all know who each other are. They have a private conversation going where they can coordinate with each other. The villagers have no clue who anyone is and have to try to figure it out as the game goes along.

Every day (we play every 24 hours), the town (villagers + wolves) have to vote on who they're going to lynch (kill, remove from game). The wolves are generally going to try to guide the voting so that a villager gets (accidentally) lynched. The villagers are desperately trying to lynch a wolf. This process involves a lot of bitching and arguing and lying and debating. People will be having sneaky conversations pretending to be this role and that and generally trying to guide the voting their way.

At the same time, the wolves privately vote on one player to kill. Obviously its generally a villager.

At the end of the 24 hour period, the GM (guy running the game) goes over the day's activities. Depending on the rules, they'll tabulate the votes, kill someone via a lynch, and kill someone via the wolves. Then the next day starts.

Game ends when a victory condition is met (all the wolves are dead, all the villagers are dead, whatever).

Reactions: pc_assassin

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
K thanks... Now where do I sign up for the next one?

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
K thanks... Now where do I sign up for the next one?

Keep an eye on this thread. Every time a GM starts a game, they create a link to a new thread from it in this thread, where you can sign up.

Once you've been in a game or two, you can probably also expect an occasional page from a GM inviting you in.

Reactions: pc_assassin

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@the_j485 : would it make sense to append something like below to the original post as a friendly intro to new players?
I can clean up the context a bit if it helps.

You start the game divided into 2+ groups. Generally "good guys" (villagers) and "bad guys" (wolves) although the teams vary from game to game. As a rule of thumb, there's usually going to be an approximate ratio of 4 villagers to 1 wolf.

The wolves all know who each other are. They have a private conversation going where they can coordinate with each other. The villagers have no clue who anyone is and have to try to figure it out as the game goes along.

Every day (we play every 24 hours), the town (villagers + wolves) have to vote on who they're going to lynch (kill, remove from game). The wolves are generally going to try to guide the voting so that a villager gets (accidentally) lynched. The villagers are desperately trying to lynch a wolf. This process involves a lot of bitching and arguing and lying and debating. People will be having sneaky conversations pretending to be this role and that and generally trying to guide the voting their way.

At the same time, the wolves privately vote on one player to kill. Obviously its generally a villager.

At the end of the 24 hour period, the GM (guy running the game) goes over the day's activities. Depending on the rules, they'll tabulate the votes, kill someone via a lynch, and kill someone via the wolves. Then the next day starts.

Game ends when a victory condition is met (all the wolves are dead, all the villagers are dead, whatever).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Language cleaned up for consistency and context. Added information regarding roles.
In a werewolf game, players are divided into 2 or more groups. These are generally "good guys" (villagers) and "bad guys" (wolves) although these names and their composition will vary from game to game. There will typically be an approximate ratio of 4 villagers to 1 wolf.

Players are usually assigned further into "roles". Roles can vary greatly from game to game, and frequently have "powers" or other rules assigned to them. Some standard examples include:
  • Seer: Every night can divine someone's true identity (Will message the GM (person running the game) and say "Tell me Bob's identity tonight")
  • Bodyguard: Can opt to protect a person from being killed at night, sometimes at risk of their own life (Will message the GM and say "Would like to protect Bob tonight")
Note that these roles may exist by different names or slightly varied rules. Additionally, there may be more than one player assigned to a given role (there may be two seers, or three bodyguards.) The players are not (usually) told beforehand how many of each role are present in the game.

When the game begins, the wolves all know who each other are. They will have a private conversation where they can coordinate and strategize with each other. The villagers on the other hand will have no idea who anyone is and must try to figure it out as the game proceeds.

Every day the town (villagers + wolves) have to vote on who they're going to lynch (kill, remove from game). The wolves are generally going to try to guide the voting so that a villager is lynched. The villagers will be trying to identify and lynch a wolf. This process involves a lot of bitching and arguing and lying and debating. Players will be having sneaky conversations pretending to be this role or that and generally trying to guide the voting their way.

At the same time, the wolves privately vote on one player to kill, who will typically (and obviously) tend to be a villager.

At the end of the 24 hour period, the GM goes over the day's activities. Depending on the rules, they'll tabulate the votes, kill someone via a lynch, kill someone via the wolves, and smite (kill) anyone caught breaking the rules. Then the next day starts. (A game day usually reflects a real-life day, and begins and ends at a time of the GM's choosing.)

The game ends when any preset victory conditions are met (all the wolves are dead, all the villagers are dead, etc).

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
My game's taking s̷hape, guys. I'm pret͎ty excited about it. Got a few roles and i̴nnates that really look fun, though not as many as I'd like.

One of my goals for this one will be to experiment with new̓ roles, ideas, mechanics, etc. I stand by my earlier statement that it'll be a legend̾ or a catastrophe. If you've got any suggestions for a untested role or innate or something that you want to see in action, now'd be the ti̠me.

Or, not expecting anyone to submit a role, I could just be building hy͛pe for Unfairwolf in a couple of weeks. Hm̼m.

Reactions: Pyure

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
My game's taking s̷hape, guys. I'm pret͎ty excited about it. Got a few roles and i̴nnates that really look fun, though not as many as I'd like.

One of my goals for this one will be to experiment with new̓ roles, ideas, mechanics, etc. I stand by my earlier statement that it'll be a legend̾ or a catastrophe. If you've got any suggestions for a untested role or innate or something that you want to see in action, now'd be the ti̠me.

Or, not expecting anyone to submit a role, I could just be building hy͛pe for Unfairwolf in a couple of weeks. Hm̼m.
Hidden message? Unfortunately I cannot see most of your special letters

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Hidden message? Unfortunately I cannot see most of your special letters

Huh?

Oh, you mea̓n the weird text characters? It's not a hidden message̹ or anything, my computer's been acting weird recently when I talk about Unf͝aͅì̓rw̧olf. No idea wh̪y or how.

Last edited:

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know who claimed the next one but I'm starting to have ideas for a game even though I haven't even finished my first one.. So I may go not the next one but the one after that

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know who claimed the next one but I'm starting to have ideas for a game even though I haven't even finished my first one.. So I may go not the next one but the one after that

1. Nojr (SIGN UP NOT STARTED
  2. RJS ( SIGN UP NOT STARTED)
  3. Shazam (SIGN UP NOT STARTED)
  4. Jus2Beast (SIGN UP NOT STARTED)
Thats the current list for the next 4 games, I guess you can claim #5 :p?

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, what do you think of the role where if the person guesses someones role right, they are given a clue to the identity of a random wolf. 1 guess per night.

Status
Not open for further replies.