Werewolf organisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Pyure's wishlist:
*More "standard boring" roles. Fewer mega-individuals. Right now your balance is good. Giving so-called "boring" roles 2 votes is a fun way to make it work.
*100% random role assignation. VikeStep a spy randomly? Hah!

Pyure's inquiry: Kenny Dunne seems incredibly powerful. A mega-seer. Should his role be revealed after he uses it or something else off-setting?
No, it gives NUMBERS. Not names.[DOUBLEPOST=1410968921][/DOUBLEPOST]
you're almost as good as me at this game.
"I'm gonna tell him"

(Shaddup I couldn't find the meme)

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
Lord Vile
He's Skulduggery ye numbnut

Baron Vengeous... meh, I never felt he was that much of an important character, and I can't see how to apply him. I have, however had another idea:

Nefarian Serpine - picks a player, and if Nefarian does not die, the person dies in two nights.

I know, but you didnt include him as Lord Vile :3. Maybe you could have done once stephanie dies he becomes lord vile because he is angry :p

Last edited:

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Pyure's wishlist:
*More "standard boring" roles. Fewer mega-individuals. Right now your balance is good. Giving so-called "boring" roles 2 votes is a fun way to make it work.

Ah, but what if a game was comprised almost entirely of the interesting mega-roles, with the balance constantly changing?

On a totally unrelated topic, @the_j485, I'd like to run a game soon. Can't do it for nearly a month though. May I request a spot 2 games after Skullduggery Pleasant?

Get hyped

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ah, but what if a game was comprised almost entirely of the interesting mega-roles, with the balance constantly changing?

On a totally unrelated topic, @the_j485, I'd like to run a game soon. Can't do it for nearly a month though. May I request a spot 2 games after Skullduggery Pleasant?

Get hyped
I'm hyped man.

And the last two games were basically as you just described :p

Third wish: no magical rules on the fly. No determining how powers will work on the fly. A game should survive on its own initial design. Fix it on subsequent runs. Otherwise I use my vigilante power on you.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
I'm hyped man.

And the last two games were basically as you just described :p

I promise to make this game... Different. Experimental. It will be remembered either as an incredible game or an incredible failure.
Third wish: no magical rules on the fly. No determining how powers will work on the fly. A game should survive on its own initial design. Fix it on subsequent runs. Otherwise I use my vigilante power on you.

Oh, you'll have all the rules clearly set at the start of the game. I can give you my word that I won't change them mid-way. ;)
White lie (n.)- Telling only part of the truth to mislead or misdirect

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
Il go after shazam, Im currentley moving over my electronics and setting them up in the most compact way so I am busy, and im starting Uni but after Shazam I should be good (3 games from now?) (I will aim to start it for the weekend)

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I promise to make this game... Different. Experimental. It will be remembered either as an incredible game or an incredible failure.

Oh, you'll have all the rules clearly set at the start of the game. I can give you my word that I won't change them mid-way. ;)
bestfrenz4life

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
So if i can do like a practice run or something after you the_j with roles from Town of Salem, i would like to do that :) Will make story too. After that i may be able to go after shazam :) With a completely new game

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I have most of my insanity game in place, just need to tweak a few things. Sorry Pyure, but there will be some stuff hidden from you, although it will be set in stone

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I have most of my insanity game in place, just need to tweak a few things. Sorry Pyure, but there will be some stuff hidden from you, although it will be set in stone
awww, shucks, you remembered my wish-list :)

Just remember that the most critical part of a mafia (werewolf) game is logical inference.

Good hidden rule: A role will be randomly selected per game; each night that role can pick a person to die. (Works for every game and we can logically hash it out)
Bad hidden rule: The Jester can do something special. I won't tell you what until the end of the game. (Only works as a surprise in the first game, and not logically referable in any way)

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
awww, shucks, you remembered my wish-list :)

Just remember that the most critical part of a mafia (werewolf) game is logical inference.

Good hidden rule: A role will be randomly selected per game; each night that role can pick a person to die. (Works for every game and we can logically hash it out)
Bad hidden rule: The Jester can do something special. I won't tell you what until the end of the game. (Only works as a surprise in the first game, and not logically referable in any way)
Mine is set out as follows

All the roles will have clearly defined abilities. Most roles will have another set of abilities, which replace the standard abilities when you become insane. The sane abilities are known to all, the insane abilities are only known to that role when they become insane. You are not allowed to reveal your insanity state and/or your insanity abilities.

In addition, there will be a definite framework governing gain and loss of sanity. Again, this framework will not be known to anyone.

It's basically to prevent people gaming the insanity system. It should not and will not be something you can use to your advantage.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Mine is set out as follows

All the roles will have clearly defined abilities. Most roles will have another set of abilities, which replace the standard abilities when you become insane. The sane abilities are known to all, the insane abilities are only known to that role when they become insane. You are not allowed to reveal your insanity state and/or your insanity abilities.

In addition, there will be a definite framework governing gain and loss of sanity. Again, this framework will not be known to anyone.

It's basically to prevent people gaming the insanity system. It should not and will not be something you can use to your advantage.
Fun!

I take it when you become insane, you get a random insanity role (so that you can't game future games with knowledge of a specific role-insanity-feature)?

Status
Not open for further replies.