Not open for further replies.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
The Spy doesn't have any way to win? That seems harsh. A Spy would have no incentive to do anything if he was screwed from the start.

How about "survives to the game's end" is his win condition?
Yeah I was about to change it when you quoted me :p

The purpose of the Spy in this game is to cause confusion, as I felt it needed more of that... :p

The purpose of The Infiltrator was because the Confessor may have been a little over powered, being able to switch teams if the going got tough. So with the Infiltrator, the Church has to be cautious about letting the Confessor in.

Possible win scenarios (Not counting spy):
Village and Vampires
Village and Church
Village
Church
Wolves
Wolves and Vampires
Vampires (I would be extremely surprised if this happened.)

Note that noone in the Church has to be alive to win.
As well, I changed the win conditions of Vampires to include killing all the Church. The normal Vampires cannot kill the Church, requiring them to slander the Church into being lynched. This was intended to give the Infiltrator a reason to kill the Church members.
And the Vampires are still not informed of other Vampires. It is intended to give a sense of individual survival, but there's still a chance of them teaming up.

The whole game is different, as there are several characters that can bring people back, but there can still be suspicions after death. And, there's several conflicts happening at the same time, which all center upon the wolves. If a Doctor brings back a Vampire, it doesn't directly affect him, but it can affect the outcome of the Church conflict.

Speaking of which, the amount of Retributionists and Doctors may vary depending on the amount of people. Doctors/Retributionists are balanced because the Doctor can only bring back someone from the last night, but Retributionists can bring back someone from any time in the game, admittedly for a huge cost.

There's lots of politics in this game. Last Wills and Mayors. Priests and Traitors. And meanwhile the poor village is caught in the middle. But politics is one of the features of the Werewolf game, isn't it? :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Kill-Joy

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
So, Gideon's the next GM.

If nobody wants to be next, then I'll make another nice-and-simple, maybe with a few balance points and simplifications, maybe even get rid of a role or two (Looking at you, rabid wolf) if not just nerf it. I'm thinking 50% conversion rate, power or no power, with 10% chance of discovery if failed.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Come on chaps, we need some GMs signed up before Gideon! All you need is to have played Werewolf and not been a fuckwit! WE'll all gladly lend you a hand!

(Otherwise, I'll make another nice and simple game)

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't Jus2beast ready with a game? RealSketch left behind "Dawn of the Purple Wolves", too, so that's a freebie. Vike has a holiday in a few weeks and Exedra is ready literally anytime.

We have no shortage of hosts at the moment.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I'll skip these upcoming holidays, these next games will take over that time. I'll do one in my holidays after the next

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking of trying to come up with something based on Lovecraftian ideas, but I need to find the time to sit down and come up with a way to incorporate sanity/insanity in a way that isn't either completely game-breaking or completely exploitable. I have ideas for insanity effects, but I need to find some way to implement them so that they're somewhat balanced and so that they don't limit people's ability to play the game.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I might be crazy but I wouldn't mind a somewhat "simpler" game next. Replace "simpler" with "streamlined" if you like. Goreae's was...complex.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking of trying to come up with something based on Lovecraftian ideas, but I need to find the time to sit down and come up with a way to incorporate sanity/insanity in a way that isn't either completely game-breaking or completely exploitable. I have ideas for insanity effects, but I need to find some way to implement them so that they're somewhat balanced and so that they don't limit people's ability to play the game.

You can post what you have here (or PM?) if you're stuck for ideas! Insanity is always an interesting feature.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I definitely think more people should buff villagers. It always sucks to get a role with no role whatsoever. Giving villagers extra voting power, or the ability to survive a single lynch, or even reveal a hint of a wolf's identity if attacked. Allows the player to do more than vote and die.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hold on, wehave Gid's game next. Wait yer feckin' turn.
what? I don't want a turn. Can you imagine me running a game? Can you imagine the madness?

I want gideon to get his shit together and run the game way before he's actually ready to do so. Like, starting in an hour or two please. No I don't want to be reasonable about this.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
what? I don't want a turn. Can you imagine me running a game? Can you imagine the madness?

I want gideon to get his shit together and run the game way before he's actually ready to do so. Like, starting in an hour or two please. No I don't want to be reasonable about this.
That's a shame, because Gid's next on the list and he said he'd take a short while. Have some patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.