Werewolf Organisation: Electric Boogaloo Redux

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VCsjZIfGjFPh1x_RCvJ1Z-EDZ0Bw0MBjDvNyEJGmbsU/edit?usp=sharing
So... I did stuff.
Decided to have a wolf convo anyways. And no more neutral convo.
Again, thoughts and opinions are welcome ^^
Victini, this looks fun at a glance.

My first obvious observation is that there's a lot of dice-rolling. This can be some tedious extra work for the GM, but its also a bit sketchy to the player, who never really knows how legit this RNG is.

In the past I've found its easier to make an assumption about how long a game will run (say, 8 days give or take) and then give player powers "charges" based on that OR cooldowns.

So, a player with a power that works 50% of the time on your sheet would effectively mean it works half the time, which means you could re-work it so that they can simply use their power "every other night", OR 8/2=4 charges, and boom, no more RNG.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Branded: Standard villager role. Sides with the Laguz if they are targeted by the Laguz. Sides with the Beorc if they are targeted by Beorc powers (doesn't include lynch). If they aren't targeted by anyone by the end of the game, they win by staying alive
Do they switch sides every time they're targeted, or does only the first targeting have this effect? If they're targetted by wolf-kill, do they join the wolves (briefly) and then die? (and presumably win if the wolves win)

RNG-screwer: When they are alive, everything will be screwed up. Wins by getting lynched
Defined "screwed up"?

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
Victini, this looks fun at a glance.

My first obvious observation is that there's a lot of dice-rolling. This can be some tedious extra work for the GM, but its also a bit sketchy to the player, who never really knows how legit this RNG is.

In the past I've found its easier to make an assumption about how long a game will run (say, 8 days give or take) and then give player powers "charges" based on that OR cooldowns.

So, a player with a power that works 50% of the time on your sheet would effectively mean it works half the time, which means you could re-work it so that they can simply use their power "every other night", OR 8/2=4 charges, and boom, no more RNG.
Hm... that would work...
I'm probably gonna ditch RNG. Also gonna change up the Raven a bit.

Dragon: power is basically useless. Not a big deal.
Marksman: can silenced target still vote?

The more I read this, the more I really hope you ditch the RNG.
Dragon: Pretty much. Couldn't think of much for a dragon to do. Maybe let him burn/freeze someone every couple days?
Marksman: Silenced target can vote. And use their power. Just no talking other than that.

Branded: Standard villager role. Sides with the Laguz if they are targeted by the Laguz. Sides with the Beorc if they are targeted by Beorc powers (doesn't include lynch). If they aren't targeted by anyone by the end of the game, they win by staying alive
Do they switch sides every time they're targeted, or does only the first targeting have this effect? If they're targetted by wolf-kill, do they join the wolves (briefly) and then die? (and presumably win if the wolves win)

RNG-screwer: When they are alive, everything will be screwed up. Wins by getting lynched
Defined "screwed up"?
Branded: Okay, starts off as neutral. Once they take a side, they can't switch anymore (and wins with whichever side they went to). If targeted by wolfkill, there will be no kill that day and he will join the wolves.
RNG-screwer: Eh, I'll find something else for him to do.

*lightbulb*
RNG-screwer: Only Nobody can have this role. When alive, all powers will have only a 50% chance of succeeding. Wins by getting lynched
Shouldn't be much of a problem, since most likely he will get lynched N1. Unless someone does a trajing and revives him.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Well then, it's your responsibility to ensure that he behaves, anyways. He does carry your AngryCheese brand.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Well then, it's your responsibility to ensure that he behaves, anyways. He does carry your AngryCheese brand.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2
My clone's name is the same as mine and only he has control over PurpleAngryCheese but I have used my magic to banish him until the start of next week.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Dragon: Pretty much. Couldn't think of much for a dragon to do. Maybe let him burn/freeze someone every couple days?
Dragon could maybe swoop in and replace the lynch victim (other than self) with a target of his choosing. That's obviously pretty buff, so you'd want it to only happen once per game or so, but it could lead to interesting drama: "Vikestep was about to be lynched and suddenly Pyure got lynched instead? Why was the dragon protecting Vikestep????"

Reactions: VictiniX888

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
So I've kinda done my WW char rolesheet...

It's here, if anyone wants to look at it...

Wyman's char kinda sucks and I might change it later.

Reactions: Shazam08

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
So I've kinda done my WW char rolesheet...

It's here, if anyone wants to look at it...

Wyman's char kinda sucks and I might change it later.
The individual powers look awesome, but when assigning roles keep in mind you've got eight wolves (assuming Lex's Girls are two separate players). That's not even counting Shadia and the potential Hider wolf.

There's nothing wrong with it, so long as you don't include more than 4ish in the game. It'd be a short game if half your players were anti-town. :p

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
The individual powers look awesome, but when assigning roles keep in mind you've got eight wolves (assuming Lex's Girls are two separate players). That's not even counting Shadia and the potential Hider wolf.
Lex's Girls is one player. @lenscas was just too lazy to give them names. :p
And I'll try shifting some of the roles.

edit I've moved a couple wolves to the neutrals.

Last edited:

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Oh nice I like how people have started incorporating the hider role into their games. That's cool I guess.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Slightly changed Sintoras and TzetLex's powers and removed "TzetLex's girls" role.

Last edited: