Werewolf Organisation: Electric Boogaloo Redux

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
By the way, I've had an idea for a werewolf game, but I'm horrifically late every time I host. This has been in my head for a loooooong time, since even before pyure-ification 3.
So, before the game there would be a Day 0. This comes before roles are even distributed. Everyone will have four votes that day WHICH CANNOT BE CHANGED. (It's hard enough to count four times the amount of votes). These votes will be for who you think are the best four players in werewolf. After D0, roles will be distributed, but the four elected players will be put into two teams of two. One side are the Defendants, and one side are the Prosecution. These roles become immune to ANY form of killing, and essentially stop being part of the game, as they do not affect any win conditions apart from each other, cannot be killed, cannot vote, and cannot participate in conversations. In D1, everyone except the Defendants and Prosecution will vote on who they want to put on trial. The prosecution will vote on who they want to put on trial in the only convo they're allowed to participate in, the prosecution convo. Then, on D2, the 2 people that the village and the prosecution decided to put on trial will be put on trial. The villagers and prosecution will again vote on new people to put on trial, but the villagers will now vote on whether they think the different people on trial are guilty or innocent. Again, these votes CANNOT BE CHANGED. Choose carefully. The prosecution will give as MANY reasons as they can for the village to find the different people guilty, whereas the defendants will do everything they can to convince the village that they are innocent. Why would they find them innocent? Because the wolves only kill as many people as are found guilty (except night 1, when they get one kill to set everything off). Those found guilty will be removed from the game. Why not spare everyone? Well, because if everyone is spared for two nights in a row, then the wolves get a free kill, so you might as well kill someone every two nights. This process is repeated until either the wolves or the village win.
Questions I expect to receive:
1: Won't the seer be really op if you just keep sparing everyone?
No, there is no seer.
2: Won't it be really op having a practically proven villager?
No, the majority of villagers will be vanilla, and, well, the prosecution aren't villagers.
3: How do the prosecution and defendants win?
If by the end of the game, more people have been found guilty than innocent, the prosecution win, if there have been more found innocent, the defendants win.
4: What if it's a draw?
Then the prosecution win.
5: What are the roles?
Villager: vanilla.
Bodyguard: chooses a target to protect. If he successfully protects someone, he dies instead of the target.
Prison guard: Can talk to prisoners in the prison convo.
Medium: Can talk to dead people in the death convo.
Wolf: vanilla wolf.
Any more questions?

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
And by the way, yes, the game is SPECIFICALLY designed to get people to talk and not to rely on proven villagers or powerful roles. Four players literally have to convince people through just talking to kill or not kill people!

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, I've had an idea for a werewolf game, but I'm horrifically late every time I host. This has been in my head for a loooooong time, since even before pyure-ification 3.
So, before the game there would be a Day 0. This comes before roles are even distributed. Everyone will have four votes that day WHICH CANNOT BE CHANGED. (It's hard enough to count four times the amount of votes). These votes will be for who you think are the best four players in werewolf. After D0, roles will be distributed, but the four elected players will be put into two teams of two. One side are the Defendants, and one side are the Prosecution. These roles become immune to ANY form of killing, and essentially stop being part of the game, as they do not affect any win conditions apart from each other, cannot be killed, cannot vote, and cannot participate in conversations. In D1, everyone except the Defendants and Prosecution will vote on who they want to put on trial. The prosecution will vote on who they want to put on trial in the only convo they're allowed to participate in, the prosecution convo. Then, on D2, the 2 people that the village and the prosecution decided to put on trial will be put on trial. The villagers and prosecution will again vote on new people to put on trial, but the villagers will now vote on whether they think the different people on trial are guilty or innocent. Again, these votes CANNOT BE CHANGED. Choose carefully. The prosecution will give as MANY reasons as they can for the village to find the different people guilty, whereas the defendants will do everything they can to convince the village that they are innocent. Why would they find them innocent? Because the wolves only kill as many people as are found guilty (except night 1, when they get one kill to set everything off). Those found guilty will be removed from the game. Why not spare everyone? Well, because if everyone is spared for two nights in a row, then the wolves get a free kill, so you might as well kill someone every two nights. This process is repeated until either the wolves or the village win.
No, there is no seer.
No, the majority of villagers will be vanilla, and, well, the prosecution aren't villagers.
If by the end of the game, more people have been found guilty than innocent, the prosecution win, if there have been more found innocent, the defendants win.
Bodyguard: chooses a target to protect. If he successfully protects someone, he dies instead of the target.
Any more questions?
Is this going on in addition to, or replacing, the lynch vote?

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I can't tell what you're talking about, if you're talking about people being put on trial, yes it replaces the lynch vote.
Ok, so here's my thoughts. It's a great concept, and with the right level of activity it would potentially work really well. But you are asking players to effectively cast 3 separate votes (Vote on person 1, vote on person 2, vote who goes on trial the next day) and engage in deep meaningful discussion, per day. That's quite a high activity burden, considering that not everyone here has time to put that much effort in. With a group that had more time and higher activity, I think it would be an interesting twist. With us? I suspect it would possibly start strong, before tailing off significantly and end somewhat underwhelmingly.

That's just my take on it though. Other people may see it differently.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
No, there is no seer.
Any more questions?
If this happens I would so want to be defense. That sounds like a lot of fun.