Werewolf Organisation: Electric Boogaloo Redux

P

profrags

image.jpeg
What was funny was you trying to correct my grammar; its more effective when you get your own spelling and grammar correct in that sentence.

p30Pl3 Theis Daes, mahn

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
@Bigdbigd03! You're up. Ready?

The queue's a black void of emptiness, by the way. @erindalc, @Someone Else 37, @RealKC: You all expressed interest in running a game. Any progress on your ideas?

I can do another round of Trouble in Terrorist Town I suppose. I'll update the rules to reflect some clarifications made mid game last time and post it tomorrow.

Please put me in queue.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Can confirm that this is true, running the best music bot on discord is hard work you know. time for a pat Fred :3
52d7f7fa-e573-42e8-af5c-937a26d728504496423250165189132.gif

In reality, it's actually homework I'm more worried about. I have a two-page chronicle I need to write and a reflection of said chronicle due this midnight, in 12 hours.
Also, this is threatening to kill my bot if I don't do anything:
IZjMUDP.png

Reactions: Lethosos

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
TTT2.

Basic changelog:
Some rules have been reworded or changed.
There are now two kinds of possible arsonists, a shield and a roleblocker.
There is also an unstoppable suicide bomber role.
The GIGN officer and Investigator are now more powerful.

All of the changes are up for discussion, and the original sheet is here. If there was something I missed (rule clarification, etc), let me know.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
TTT2.

Basic changelog:
Some rules have been reworded or changed.
There are now two kinds of possible arsonists, a shield and a roleblocker.
There is also an unstoppable suicide bomber role.
The GIGN officer and Investigator are now more powerful.

All of the changes are up for discussion, and the original sheet is here. If there was something I missed (rule clarification, etc), let me know.
Please put me in queue.
Queue'd! Looks good.

Minor thing: We might get confused talking about the Darsonist and Harsonist when neither of them are actually the usual Arsonist, but whatever.
Behold, alpha rolesheet for Chromawolf!

I'll be adding more flavor and such in the near future. In the meantime, as always, I'd like to hear any questions or concerns you all may have.

Also, blame Reika for the weird color names.
Woo! Questions:
  1. Can Tahara 'cure' any wolf, or only one that's been infected by Ykri?
  2. Can a player hold more than one ability at once (i.e. Empowered + Accelerated)? If so, can they hold more than one of the same ability at once (i.e. Double Empowered)?
  3. Is Kurauri affected by Empowered?
  4. Can an Accelerated Karmir protect from Smite and Lynch?
  5. Will Accelerated screw with Kijani's or Vadali's power, or will they still get the full spread of visitors for their target?
  6. Can an Empowered Galazio extend a day by 48 hours?
  7. Add to queue? You'd be after Erin.
Been quite busy recently. I still check the site regularly for notifications, so it would be nice with a reminder that these games are still going on.
No problem. You're back on the ping list.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Woo! Questions:
  1. Can Tahara 'cure' any wolf, or only one that's been infected by Ykri?
  2. Can a player hold more than one ability at once (i.e. Empowered + Accelerated)? If so, can they hold more than one of the same ability at once (i.e. Double Empowered)?
  3. Is Kurauri affected by Empowered?
  4. Can an Accelerated Karmir protect from Smite and Lynch?
  5. Will Accelerated screw with Kijani's or Vadali's power, or will they still get the full spread of visitors for their target?
  6. Can an Empowered Galazio extend a day by 48 hours?
  7. Add to queue? You'd be after Erin.
  1. Only those infected by Ykri.
  2. Yes and yes. Empowered stacks, but multiple instances of the others are redundant.
  3. Yes, if Kurauri is hit by Zambarau and then dies to another ability (such as Ruzova or the wolfkill) later that night.
  4. Yes. This is easily tweakable if necessary, but given that Kitrino and Karmir have to find each other first, I doubt it will become a serious issue.
  5. Oof, hadn't thought of that. Yes it does, under the current wording. I will momentarily add "may choose to" to the rules text for Accelerated to fix that.
  6. Yes. Or extend one day by 24 hours using the extra activation from Empowered, then another one later with Galazio's own activation.
  7. Yes please.

On that note, I've got a few balance-related questions of my own for you all.
  1. Karmir's current wording- a doctor role without martyr, revenge, or any kind of cooldown- is a good bit stronger than the bodyguard roles that have shown up in most other WW games here. Does it need nerfing? Having Karmir die, kill the attacker, or both upon successfully blocking an attack doesn't really fit well with Karmir's protection theme, but adding a cooldown (after a successful or an attempted block; either works) would fit the flavor fine. Thoughts?
  2. As it stands, Zambarau can target itself over and over to build up an exponentially-increasing pile of Empowered buffs that could then be dumped on anyone at any time for massive effect. Giving Zambarau a cooldown would probably slow the growth long enough to prevent major issues; or forbidding Zambarau from targeting itself would prevent the recursion entirely. I think any of these options would fit the flavor well enough. Thoughts?
  3. On that note, does Kitrino need a nerf as well?
  4. Kurauri should probably be forbidden to target itself. Agree?
  5. Should I add a bit to Corrupted stating that the corrupted player can only use their ability on nights they're sent to perform the wolfkill, so as to line up with the other wolf roles?

Reactions: Shazam08

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
On that note, I've got a few balance-related questions of my own for you all.
  1. Karmir's current wording- a doctor role without martyr, revenge, or any kind of cooldown- is a good bit stronger than the bodyguard roles that have shown up in most other WW games here. Does it need nerfing? Having Karmir die, kill the attacker, or both upon successfully blocking an attack doesn't really fit well with Karmir's protection theme, but adding a cooldown (after a successful or an attempted block; either works) would fit the flavor fine. Thoughts?
  2. As it stands, Zambarau can target itself over and over to build up an exponentially-increasing pile of Empowered buffs that could then be dumped on anyone at any time for massive effect. Giving Zambarau a cooldown would probably slow the growth long enough to prevent major issues; or forbidding Zambarau from targeting itself would prevent the recursion entirely. I think any of these options would fit the flavor well enough. Thoughts?
  3. On that note, does Kitrino need a nerf as well?
  4. Kurauri should probably be forbidden to target itself. Agree?
  5. Should I add a bit to Corrupted stating that the corrupted player can only use their ability on nights they're sent to perform the wolfkill, so as to line up with the other wolf roles?
  1. Current Karmir is pretty similar to ToS's Doctor role, so in my opinion it doesn't need a huge change. I cast my vote for "cooldown after a successful block". He can protect himself, too, which you might want to limit or prevent entirely.
  2. You could change Empowered so that it doesn't stack with itself. If not, I would go for the "can't target self" rule and hope two Zambaraus never find each other. :p
  3. Probably not, since the majority of Kitrino's targets won't be affected by Accelerated. The only thing I'm scared of is the interaction with Karmir.
  4. Whoa, I didn't even think of that. Agreed.
  5. I wouldn't nerf it any more. Corruption is already pretty unlikely to happen unless Tahara dies early (and Ykri survives late enough to find a non-immune target).
One more question: If Ruzova kills the wolf assigned to the wolfkill, is the wolfkill invalidated?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
  1. Current Karmir is pretty similar to ToS's Doctor role, so in my opinion it doesn't need a huge change. I cast my vote for "cooldown after a successful block". He can protect himself, too, which you might want to limit or prevent entirely.
  2. You could change Empowered so that it doesn't stack with itself. If not, I would go for the "can't target self" rule and hope two Zambaraus never find each other. :p
  3. Probably not, since the majority of Kitrino's targets won't be affected by Accelerated. The only thing I'm scared of is the interaction with Karmir.
  4. Whoa, I didn't even think of that. Agreed.
  5. I wouldn't nerf it any more. Corruption is already pretty unlikely to happen unless Tahara dies early (and Ykri survives late enough to find a non-immune target).
One more question: If Ruzova kills the wolf assigned to the wolfkill, is the wolfkill invalidated?

1. Done. I don't think Karmir protecting itself is a problem, given the new cooldown- if the wolves attack someone and are blocked by Karmir, they're free to attack the same person again the next night.
  2. I went for "can't target self". There are probably not going to be fifteen players signing up for this game, so duplicate roles are unlikely altogether.
  3. You have a point. Mostly, it just lets people squeeze in their actions before getting lynched. It's also worth noting that there have been roles that messed with the lynch in the past, although that's mostly been a role with either extra lynch power or the ability to override the vote.
  4. Fixed.
  5. OK.
  6. Yes. This'd be trivial to change if needed.
It's also worth noting that Empowered and Accelerated currently work on the wolfkill, if the wolf with the buff is assigned to do the wolfkill. On the one hand, this'd grant the wolves an unblockable kill or two kills in one night... but on the other hand, the effects would show up pretty clearly in the recap, and Zambarau/Kitrino could just rat them out the next day. Thoughts?

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
It's also worth noting that Empowered and Accelerated currently work on the wolfkill, if the wolf with the buff is assigned to do the wolfkill. On the one hand, this'd grant the wolves an unblockable kill or two kills in one night... but on the other hand, the effects would show up pretty clearly in the recap, and Zambarau/Kitrino could just rat them out the next day. Thoughts?
I think it's a cool interaction. The buff kicks in the following night, so the wolves can weigh the risks and decide whether or not they want to take advantage of it. Maybe it'll make Zambarau and Kitrino more cautious about who they use their powers on.