Werewolf! [Game Thread]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Although, I have been told I can say things like "the profile picture with a x" or "this person has claimed y". I won't do it unless I would've known it without seeing the role sheet. And because of that, there is one person who I would've known without the role sheet.

And that is the one with the reindeer.

I had it confirmed just before I died and confirmed again via PM with someone.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
It was confirmed because we had two seers (one drunken, one scrambled) both scan him. One scan resulted in town, one resulted in cultist. If both were wrong, then we see his true colours.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
It was confirmed because we had two seers (one drunken, one scrambled) both scan him. One scan resulted in town, one resulted in cultist. If both were wrong, then we see his true colours.
... but if the Alpha's being alive causes the Seer to return a random role, wouldn't that random role, by luck, be correct on occasion?

Meh, I'm arguing with he who knows all. Not worth my time. Vote Shazam.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Well, we did seer him because we found him suspicious. If I didn't die, I would've voted him anyways.

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
So wolves are gonna win. theres one cultist and 4 wolves, and what, 3 villagers?
I would advise yall to start looking for evidence!

STOP ANTISMITES!

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Whoa, hey there. Xenforo trolls me for one five hour interval and suddenly I'm on the chopping block. Damn you, Nana. jk <3

Accusation!
First of all, you communist bastard, we see my true colors.

Second of all... Yes. Kind of? These statements are mostly true, but there's a logical flaw in the last one there. Let's break 'em down.
  • Shazam was scanned by two seers
    • One returned town
    • The returned cultist
  • Both were wrong, therefore Shazam is a wolf
Ho boy!

You're assuming both scans were wrong, although this isn't the case. An unreliable seer isn't necessarily guaranteed to be a wrong seer. (The town one was correct, actually, but we'll get there later.)

You're also trapping yourself in a bit of a logic circle. Here's your thought process:
  1. "My scans returned town and cultist"
  2. "Shazam is neither of these things"
    • Rephrased as "Shazam is a wolf"
  3. "Therefore, both predictions are wrong"
  4. "Therefore, Shazam is a wolf"
So... Yeah. I'd vote for you if you weren't already proven. Vote HeilMewTwo out of self-defense.

"Shazam, you're bluffing! You're a wolf that's pretending to be town! You didn't name a specific role, see?!"

Good observation, Hypothetical Man. I've kind of been trying to lay low here, if you haven't noticed, and I'd really like to continue that trend unless absolutely necessary. Especially since the bodyguard's gone. ._.

If you're losing sleep over my specific role, PM me. I guess I'll reveal publicly if the lynch gets much farther out of hand, too, but... that's really not ideal.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Whoa, hey there. Xenforo trolls me for one five hour interval and suddenly I'm on the chopping block. Damn you, Nana. jk <3

Accusation!

First of all, you communist bastard, we see my true colors.

Second of all... Yes. Kind of? These statements are mostly true, but there's a logical flaw in the last one there. Let's break 'em down.
  • Shazam was scanned by two seers
    • One returned town
    • The returned cultist
  • Both were wrong, therefore Shazam is a wolf
Ho boy!

You're assuming both scans were wrong, although this isn't the case. An unreliable seer isn't necessarily guaranteed to be a wrong seer. (The town one was correct, actually, but we'll get there later.)

You're also trapping yourself in a bit of a logic circle. Here's your thought process:
  1. "My scans returned town and cultist"
  2. "Shazam is neither of these things"
    • Rephrased as "Shazam is a wolf"
  3. "Therefore, both predictions are wrong"
  4. "Therefore, Shazam is a wolf"
So... Yeah. I'd vote for you if you weren't already proven. Vote HeilMewTwo out of self-defense.

"Shazam, you're bluffing! You're a wolf that's pretending to be town! You didn't name a specific role, see?!"

Good observation, Hypothetical Man. I've kind of been trying to lay low here, if you haven't noticed, and I'd really like to continue that trend unless absolutely necessary. Especially since the bodyguard's gone. ._.

If you're losing sleep over my specific role, PM me. I guess I'll reveal publicly if the lynch gets much farther out of hand, too, but... that's really not ideal.
I think you missed the bit where he died, looked at the GM sheet because he's a Ghost, learned what everyone's roles are, and then got revived. He wouldn't be trying to lynch you with not-entirely-valid logic if he'd seen you were a villager.

Looks like a wolf defense speech to me. Either that or a somewhat oblivious, but still surprisingly well thought out, villager defense speech.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I'm the Priest. Happy? Stand down.

Hopefully it's too late for the wolves to change their kill, but I'm sure as hell dead tomorrow (at the latest).