Weird things you've skipped

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Let's see... I've never made a nuclear power plant from IC2 because I've never had any reason to, they've always looked to be far more trouble then they're worth. This changed in the 1.6 IC2 with their new mechanics (after watching some Direwolf videos), but by now I gave up on IC2 altogether so I don't think I'll make that reactor any time soon. Same for Quantum/Gravity suits, sure they're good but getting all that UU-matter is such a pain (even more so in the current version).
And I guess I've never bothered with Railcraft's rails either before dropping it.
I can't think of much else from popular mods or vanilla that I haven't tried yet, even some of the rarest things mentioned here (except for making a decent base, I suck horribly at that). I even tried IC2 crops once because I couldn't find cocoa beans anywhere to progress with Dartcraft (and oh boy I HATED IT SO MUCH. STOP GROWING WEED YOU)

Reactions: Padfoote

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
I never ever played for more than a few days on a public or whitelisted Minecraft server except my own with my brother and cousins, I wish I could, it looks like an awesome thing, but I had so many griefing and lag experiences that I've decided to never ever try again, the longest I managed to keep on a vanilla server was around 1 week, the server was really nice then next week it went down and it never ever showed up again...

MrJims

Jul 29, 2019
Never been to the end
Never fought an enderman
Never build or seen a quarry
Never even seen a skeleton on a spider even though I have been playing since the update before hunger was added.

Basicly I spend the night hiding in my base crying

Reactions: Pyure

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I never ever played for more than a few days on a public or whitelisted Minecraft server except my own with my brother and cousins, I wish I could, it looks like an awesome thing, but I had so many griefing and lag experiences that I've decided to never ever try again, the longest I managed to keep on a vanilla server was around 1 week, the server was really nice then next week it went down and it never ever showed up again...

Had a friend's vanilla server go down and never come back up. I spent a decent month on it so that sucked. Never went on a modded server cause of that.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Never been to the end
Never fought an enderman
Never build or seen a quarry
Never even seen a skeleton on a spider even though I have been playing since the update before hunger was added.

Wait, how did you get ender pearls for all the mods then?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've never made a Nether portal by harvesting obsidian. Always make a mold, and pour some lava and water in it for my portals.
Hah awesome. Mining obsidian ftl.

I keep thinking if I try that, half of it will turn into cobble :( :(

I've never used a door. I've always used a fence gate instead.
Speaking of gates, in the latest version of Horizons, I tried something called the "carpenter's gate" last night, which, when opened-and-closed, promptly broke my world until I removed the mod (and therefore the offending block). Totally offtopic but I started this thread and dictate that it is acceptable.[DOUBLEPOST=1391176381][/DOUBLEPOST]
lol

Reactions: Padfoote

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
Never made a beacon .
Never fought the wither.
Never went to the end.
I proberly missed some more stuff I never did.

Ditto on all of these.

Plus...

Never ridden a horse, or a pig.
Never had a jetpack.
Never made a floating home.
Never any scifi armor or other gadgets like portable power tools.

So many more. I only play hardcore, though, and I'm more about aesthetics and adventure than I am about machines and such.

squirrel_killer

Jul 29, 2019
Never avoided a particular mod interaction because it is "cheaty"
Never built a base that was in only one dimension after I start Mystcraft. I always seem to have massive transdimensional bases that make it hard for people to navigate.
Never automated foresty ethanol/biofuel with pipes, always used golems.
Never used oil/fuel to make MJ.
Never made a breeder reactor that was actually worth having, I've always used them as a solution to "end-game problems" as a time waster.
Never played through the IC2 w/ gregT tech tree without avoiding it until I had reduced its nerfs to being trivial.
Never used a BC diamond pipe sorter.
Never built a RP2 sorter.
Never used RP2 for autocrafting.
Never built a quarry when I had EE2 installed.
Never used the IC2 mining machine thing.
Never used an IC2 pump.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Hah awesome. Mining obsidian ftl.

I keep thinking if I try that, half of it will turn into cobble :( :(

Speaking of gates, in the latest version of Horizons, I tried something called the "carpenter's gate" last night, which, when opened-and-closed, promptly broke my world until I removed the mod (and therefore the offending block). Totally offtopic but I started this thread and dictate that it is acceptable.[DOUBLEPOST=1391176381][/DOUBLEPOST]
lol
That would be Carpenters Blocks, which by the way, has released two updates since your "current" version.
Also:
Never avoided a particular mod interaction because it is "cheaty"
Never built a base that was in only one dimension after I start Mystcraft. I always seem to have massive transdimensional bases that make it hard for people to navigate.
Never automated foresty ethanol/biofuel with pipes, always used golems.
Never used oil/fuel to make MJ.
Never made a breeder reactor that was actually worth having, I've always used them as a solution to "end-game problems" as a time waster.
Never played through the IC2 w/ gregT tech tree without avoiding it until I had reduced its nerfs to being trivial.
Never used a BC diamond pipe sorter.
Never built a RP2 sorter.
Never used RP2 for autocrafting.
Never built a quarry when I had EE2 installed.
Never used the IC2 mining machine thing.
Never used an IC2 pump.
Most of that is totally me as well, but... Never used RP2 for autocrafting.
I would wager because IIRC it couldn't.

Also EE2+Quarry = Why did I build this? I can mine enough to build 50 of these in the blink of an eye. By hand.

Reactions: Pyure and Padfoote

Brilliance

Jul 29, 2019
I've never gone looking for a stronghold. On a few occasions I've stumbled upon them by accident, but I've never actually gotten around to actively looking. Mostly I think it's because I was just getting into mods when strongholds came, so I was busy learning new things. Since then I just forgot about them since they weren't 'new'.

Geech6

Jul 29, 2019
I'm very tempted to fire up Eclipse and do just that. For fun, of course. ;)

I've never made a Nether portal by harvesting obsidian. Always make a mold, and pour some lava and water in it for my portals.

I've never done it making a mold! lol

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
That would be Carpenters Blocks, which by the way, has released two updates since your "current" version.
The mod itself is updated, or Horizons pack? I didn't know it was kosher to update mods individually, for fear of disrupting the pack creator's subtle balancing adjustments etc etc.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
The mod itself is updated, or Horizons pack? I didn't know it was kosher to update mods individually, for fear of disrupting the pack creator's subtle balancing adjustments etc etc.

Carpenter's Blocks doesn't add anything that could break balance, so it's one I would say is safe to manually update if you've determined the new version is stable.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
There's not a lot I've ever fully skipped, so this should be a relatively short list.
I never finished excavating a 100 block radius to bedrock around a spawn trap in vanilla to fully optimize the trap. I came pretty damn close though, but then started playing modded minecraft.
I've never bred every single bee, just most of the good ones.
I never really got into cross breeding in ic2 crops.
I've never done anything with ars magicka, blood magic, or witchery, yet.
I've never managed to get MFFS working. I know I'm doing something wrong, but it's just so rare that I'd actually need a force field that I usually just skip it entirely.