Weird things you've skipped

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've been playing minecraft for a couple years now. And yet...somehow I've never bothered to go to the End. Never even tried; holds no interest for me.

Even in my gregtech games, where I understand there are handy sources of resources to be found there, I'd rather do my best to manufacture them in the "real" world.

Anyone else in the same boat? What other otherwise-mainstream things have folk skipped?[DOUBLEPOST=1391019657][/DOUBLEPOST]Moderators: I'm reading this and realizing its not mod-specific and may need to migrate elsewhere. Apologies if so.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Boats. I'd rather walk everywhere and pick up what I find than zip around on the water.

Reactions: Pyure

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I've never made a non-basic AE storage system (basic being Controller, Drive/Chest, Terminal/Crafting Terminal).

I've never completed TC research

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Never succesfully killed a wither. tried three times, failed. Also had completely ignored railcraft (even though I've had it in my packs) till just recently... such a poor decision; fantastic mod!

Reactions: SatanicSanta

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Never succesfully killed a wither. tried three times, failed. Also had completely ignored railcraft (even though I've had it in my packs) till just recently... such a poor decision; fantastic mod!
What? Some easy ways to kill a wither involve digging a really small tunnel, placing four iron golems between you and the wither and having them fight it out. Or make one of the incredible thaumcraft golems and upgrade him all the way. (2 would be advised to make sure you kill the wither.)

On to question. Killing sheep to make my first bed. Somehow, I never find sheep so I end up killing so many spiders my first night that I have a bed by next morning anyway.
Edit: Oh, and a door. Until I get some obsidian pressure plates and an iron door, or some fancy Drawbridge thing, I don't use a wooden door. But that mainly has to do with me playing in hard mode...

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Also had completely ignored railcraft (even though I've had it in my packs) till just recently... such a poor decision; fantastic mod!
6DnAQ.png

Railcraft is pretty great, and it's about 2 thirds complete on the wiki [/shameless self plug]

I've never built a piston door

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I've never used a door. I've always used a fence gate instead.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Tinkers Construct and Modular Power suits. Never ever read the book and generally leave it disabled.

I've stuck with MFR-enhanced vanilla enchanting of diamond tools and armour. Maybe I'll try TiC next time.

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
bee keeping and grafting... make a working mob farm vanilla style, visit the end or the nether yeah... I miss a lot, complete TC4 and do massive builds like a giant winkie made of gold blocks

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
wasn't there already a topic like this before?
anyways, I never created a beacon before

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Never made a beacon .
Never fought the wither.
Never went to the end.
Never completed thaumcraft 3/4 rechearch.
I proberly missed some more stuff I never did.

Reactions: DanteGalileo

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
Never play a modpack with GregTech
Never been to the end
Never use lava to generate power (don't know why, maybe will try it later)
Never play modded Minecraft before 1.6 (except pure client mods like InvTweaks, ArmorStatus)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
Before my latest (Magic Farm 2) play, I had never really interacted with animals for anything other than killing a few when in need. No farms, no animal breeding.

Fireweaver

Jul 29, 2019
I have never built a Nuclear Power station.
Will get to it soon, so many mods and builds, so little time. :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
wasn't there already a topic like this before?
Sorry if so! :) I haven't read back that far.

I share a lot of these.

I've never made a non-basic AE storage system (basic being Controller, Drive/Chest, Terminal/Crafting Terminal).
I didn't even know there was a basic AE system; I always go from wall-of-chests to the molecular thingy.

Never succesfully killed a wither.
Ditto

I have never built a Nuclear Power station.
Will get to it soon, so many mods and builds, so little time.
Sadly they're hard to justify in most modpacks. I think most folk tend to do a treefarm or nether-lava, which can each produce crazy amounts of power. My current world is mostly solar, which would be a no-no for me except that its Rotary solar and I wanna check it out :)

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Never did more with bees then just a single apiary getting me beeswax and combs. Never had the patience. I usually let my other server mates handle the bees. Never done tree breeding before(again, no patience). Never built a halfway decent house(I usually just quarry out a giant hole underground once I get a quarry or filler going.