Weird things you've skipped

Geech6

Jul 29, 2019
IDK if you can call this something I've skipped in Minecraft, but I've never been on IRC to ask a developer a question, but I'm sure I'm not the only one.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
Get_Off_My_Lawn_by_frantic_emotes.gif

Reactions: PierceSG and kittle

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
I have never been to the end either. I plan to though...Plan to do alot of things don't we all ? If I could stick with one world/modpack for more than a week, maybe it would be different. lol
Also, never made any sort of Nuclear Reactor, although I'd really like to, or at least a Big Reactors one...again with those "plan-to"s...

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
I have never been to the end either. I plan to though...Plan to do alot of things don't we all ? If I could stick with one world/modpack for more than a week, maybe it would be different. lol
Also, never made any sort of Nuclear Reactor, although I'd really like to, or at least a Big Reactors one...again with those "plan-to"s...
I have no idea about Nuclear Reactors although I've planned out all the protection for mine and such, but Big Reactors is super easy to get into. There's a list of all the best reactor combinations online, and all you really need to do is build following online set ups and import a steady supply of yellorium ingots into the reactor. Super easy, and unlike nuclear reactors, it doesn't explode. ;)

Reactions: Padfoote

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea about Nuclear Reactors although I've planned out all the protection for mine and such, but Big Reactors is super easy to get into. There's a list of all the best reactor combinations online, and all you really need to do is build following online set ups and import a steady supply of yellorium ingots into the reactor. Super easy, and unlike nuclear reactors, it doesn't explode. ;)
Unlike IC2 Nuclear Reactors, you mean. Actual Nuclear Reactors tend to have less explosive qualities then space planes(reminds me, should play more KSP). IC2 Nuclear Reactors are bullshit anyway. Even the Atomic Science ones aren't much better(though at least they work as a reactor really does, generate steam to make power via turbines), as they still tend to explode if too hot.

What we call a "Meltdown" is really just that, things got too hot and started melting. The danger from a Meltdown isn't an explosion(though they have happened at times, usually because of bypassed safeties IIRC), it's uncontrolled nuclear radiation and heat. Even the Atomic Science reactors fail to understand a simple truth; water is a REALLY good neutron moderator. The reactor is covered with a couple cubic meters of water. If less then one meter of water between you and a spent fuel rod means you're safer from it's ionizing radiation then you are from the sun's when you get out of the water, going near a running nuclear reactor isn't dangerous. Might get a bit warm, but that's hardly a easy to show mechanic.

But you know what is weird(IMO) that's I've always skipped? End-game power armors. I usually go for a somewhat vanilla setup, honestly, in terms of protection. Maybe some Thaumium armor for actual fighting, AM2 Robes for going out and casting tons of spells, TC4 robes on occasion if I am worried about my Vis usage, I tend to have a MMPS set on hand, but it's lacking armor other then the apiarist bits(and maybe the lead platting for Atomic Science), occasionally other things as well(Mariculture is new to me, so I'm planing on making some of it's stuff as well). I even have a Gas Mask now. I have my pumpkin waiting for me by the door usually, waiting for me to put it on and kill some endermen.
But super armor? Ha ha, please. I turn off mob griefing usually, why should I be impossible to kill?

willis936

Jul 29, 2019
Never got into TC (working on it)
Never used oil/fuel
Never had a BC infrastructure to start (always TE or IC2)
Never got into bees
Never got into trees
Never got into crops (working on it)