Weird things you've skipped

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
I never entered the end in vanilla, too boring and easy
I never killed the wither with more than a iron armor chestplate and helmet.

I never got a powersuit,
I never cheated in my lost items when i die to a bug.
I never play on something below hard/hardcore.
I might ragequit when i die by a bug in hardcore.
I never make backups in hardcore mode because hardcore mode.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know if there is anything I have skipped I any of the mods I have played, but I have never searched a wiki related to minecraft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pyure

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Also I've never set up a "real" mob farm of any kind. More of a big flat open area clear to the sky for me with a few traps configured. My next goal is going to be a Enderman Slaughter Field with Engineer's Tool Box and Gas Craft. Will have corrosive gas waiting to flood the field when I allow it to. 100% chance to instantly kill an enderman hit by the gas, and a 100% chance for him to drop his pearl.

Was thinking of making a sort of villager breeding thing too, since I've never done that before either, but I'll have to get a bigger stockpile of Deadly Neurotoxin ready for the "showers" first.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Don't know if there is anything I have skipped I any of the mods I have played, but I have never searched a wiki related to minecraft.

Frankly I'm shocked at this. I cannot play without multiple wiki pages open, and when playing any "newer" mods without fleshed out wikis, I spend an awful lot of time yelling at the Internet.

Reactions: Geech6

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Frankly I'm shocked at this. I cannot play without multiple wiki pages open, and when playing any "newer" mods without fleshed out wikis, I spend an awful lot of time yelling at the Internet.
Back in the date of 1.2.5 I read all the wikis but since then I never checked one. It is mostly because my computer can't handle both modded minecraft spotify and chrome at once... So I just learned to play without wikis

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Back in the date of 1.2.5 I read all the wikis but since then I never checked one. It is mostly because my computer can't handle both modded minecraft spotify and chrome at once... So I just learned to play without wikis
Damn, you must be super smart to figure out some of the really obtuse things out there.

Mikethehobo

Jul 29, 2019
I have never been to the end, it's too out of the way.
I also rarely make an impenetrable base/compound. I like killing mobs.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
I have never been to the end, it's too out of the way.
I also rarely make an impenetrable base/compound. I like killing mobs.
It's not really THAT out of the way if you have Mystcraft installed. Just a simple linking book, and it's pretty easy to locate the Stronghold's location using only two Eyes of Ender, too. Also a pretty easy way to grab some Ender Pearls, but I get what you mean.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Damn, you must be super smart to figure out some of the really obtuse things out there.
Every now and again I'll hop on Irc and ask the developer but besides that is not nearly as difficult as you would imagine

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019

I do check some forums or watch some YouTube videos. But wikis are always outdated or flawed due to being populated by the public ( and that's just regular wiki's I would hate to see how bad mods wiki's are)

And that's why I started the Mod Books thread in this forum.

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
never been to the end on my own (always used somebody else's portal)
Never fought a wither -- or even SEEN one.
never build any IC2 nuke stuff
Never done anything with the magic-related mods (TC3/4 Ars)
Never built a mob grinder

and im sure theres stuff I missed

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I do check some forums or watch some YouTube videos. But wikis are always outdated or flawed due to being populated by the public ( and that's just regular wiki's I would hate to see how bad mods wiki's are)

And that's why I started the Mod Books thread in this forum.

If we're going to be meta enough to count out of game "I have never..." things here, I have never edited a Minecraft wiki. Even when I can tell it's Mostly Lies, leavened with Rumors and Conjecture, and I know for a fact I know what is the truth on the matter is, I edit nothing.

Reactions: shockwave95

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019

Wow, no offense, but you're ridding yourself of half of the mod components out there a.k.a. the magic component. I find the magic part refreshing, especially after doing so much calculations for tech and such. Also, making environments for the two completely different spectrums is always fun.

Reactions: Padfoote

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

Most of that's pretty tame, I mean, sure, you may not have been to the end until someone else was there, but you still went there. Never fought or seen a wither, but unless you need stars, why would you? Never built any IC2 Nuclear Power stuff, well, it's mostly for experts only. Never built a mob grinder, well, what do you really need that they drop?

Never done anything with magic mods... What? Never? You skipped the number crunching of IC2 Nukes but never tried even TC3? Never even tried TC4? Ars Magicka I can somewhat agree with, it's great for mages, but not so much non-mages, but TC has always been borderline tech with it's stuff. Even with the recent changes to AM2 with it's mobs being less painful it's now worth using for even people who use a bit of magic from it IMO.

Magic is technically a whole half of the FTB pack(the other half being Tech). If you have used EE at all, you've used magic. If you've used Bees, you're technically a Mage.(I mean, resources for free with enough time invested? How is that not magic?)

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
Most of that's pretty tame, I mean, sure, you may not have been to the end until someone else was there, but you still went there. Never fought or seen a wither, but unless you need stars, why would you? Never built any IC2 Nuclear Power stuff, well, it's mostly for experts only. Never built a mob grinder, well, what do you really need that they drop?
usually its xp for auto-enchanters and/or mob essense -- at least thats what folks say on the servers I play on. But yeah -- after EE3 went away, i have never "needed" mob drops

Never done anything with magic mods... What? Never? You skipped the number crunching of IC2 Nukes but never tried even TC3? Never even tried TC4? Ars Magicka I can somewhat agree with, it's great for mages, but not so much non-mages, but TC has always been borderline tech with it's stuff. Even with the recent changes to AM2 with it's mobs being less painful it's now worth using for even people who use a bit of magic from it IMO.
Nope never. Im not a fan of the magic stuff. Prefer railgun over a fireball anyday.

Magic is technically a whole half of the FTB pack(the other half being Tech). If you have used EE at all, you've used magic. If you've used Bees, you're technically a Mage.(I mean, resources for free with enough time invested? How is that not magic?)
And after reading this I should add:
never INTENTIONALLY bred bees.

Ive used them to pollinate trees. But thats just using the generic bees you find from worldgen.
Then I use the same setup to collect honey.

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
Just thought of another one. I've never made a single trade with a villager. I would, I just never think of it.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
It's not really THAT out of the way if you have Mystcraft installed. Just a simple linking book, and it's pretty easy to locate the Stronghold's location using only two Eyes of Ender, too. Also a pretty easy way to grab some Ender Pearls, but I get what you mean.
With Magical Crops, you can have your own personal Ender Portal right inside or outside your own base.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk