Weird things you've skipped

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've done all you can do in vanilla. Never figured out IC2 agriculture.
IC2 agriculture is a weird thing for me. Every time I get into it, I get annoyed with my plants failing to improve further (high altitude = better fertility? wtf?). I then promptly destroy my world and move onto something else.

Improving your crops IS kinda fun tho for some reason.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Never built a Gregtech Fusion Reactor.
Never built a huge over done power supply.
Never farmed the End for Pearls.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
IC2 agriculture is a weird thing for me. Every time I get into it, I get annoyed with my plants failing to improve further (high altitude = better fertility? wtf?). I then promptly destroy my world and move onto something else.

Improving your crops IS kinda fun tho for some reason.
It was something I always wanted to get into, but it just seemed to be like bees at the time (a massive tedious in game that was not worth the time). I wanted it really for he wart that would remove posion and stuff like that. I hate that vanilla mc still hasn't done unbuff correctly.... In Vanilla mc Server pvp its so stupid that you can poison someone and the only way to remove that is milk which removes all your buffs (even the ones that are helping you) and its a one shot deal. There are no potions as a prevention. IC2 farming had a wart that would prevent negative buffs. It was high up the agriculture tree and at the time hated grinding and ingame tedious.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
In a couple of worlds, I skipped the Nether altogether and went straight into the End.

Now that *is* weird. I can't imagine playing MC now without Nether Brick, Glowstone, Nether Quartz, Blaze Rods, and the Nether itself for breeding bees. Ghast Tears are also pretty cool, as are Ardite and Cobalt.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

Geech6

Jul 29, 2019
I played minecraft for 2 years before I killed the enderdragon... And the only time I did it I was in super armor and used thaumcraft weapons. Still have not done so in vanilla.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I played minecraft for 2 years before I killed the enderdragon... And the only time I did it I was in super armor and used thaumcraft weapons. Still have not done so in vanilla.

Ditto. I facerolled him with full MPS and rail gun. I regret doing it, too. I cheated myself out of an epic battle. I've since killed him with less and less. Need to kill him with vanilla armor and a vanilla bow now.

But, now that I've got him figured out, it's not the same.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry, I've epic'd the battle for you guys. First time I fought the Ender Dragon was in a Hardcore world (vanilla). I never even set up a house or hidey hole - just set up a wall of chests against the outside of a desert village building, bed nearby. I found a way to duplicate the Dragon Egg (that's since been patched), so I have a few stacks of dragon eggs in a vanilla hardcore world. I still have that world. Rarely visit it now since I'm afraid I'll die from something stupid like I always do now.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
In a couple of worlds, I skipped the Nether altogether and went straight into the End.
By any chance were these multiplayer GregTech worlds where monopolizing those End ores is crucial to get a leg up on your friends/competitors?

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
I never made an enchanting table or anvil in vanilla, always cheated one in. I had my reasons, I could never remember the recipe and getting to it required closing out of MC, starting up the Internets, looking it up shutting down internet and relogging into MC. pain in the butt with my laptop (didn't have the rig I use now) so I'd just use invedit to give me one.

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
I've never used a door. I've always used a fence gate instead.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk
I won't say "never", but I do the same thing... just standing on the inside of the gate and taunting the zombies that can't open or break it.

/now some sadistic modmaker is going to change it so they can...

Reactions: PierceSG

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm very tempted to fire up Eclipse and do just that. For fun, of course. ;)

I've never made a Nether portal by harvesting obsidian. Always make a mold, and pour some lava and water in it for my portals.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that in something like SpecialMobs, Lycanite, Infernal Mobs, Zombie Awareness, etc. Honestly, it does make sense.

I usually have a wooden door on the house itself, with a fenced-in & roofed porch outside that door.