Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
It is that time of week again

FTB and Curse. Pretty much all the news of this can be found elsewhere at this stage. I will release more information as soon as we have it.

Mod packs. As a reminder, the following definitions apply.

Stable - Recommended versions of these modpacks are considered stable and you should be able to start a new world without fear of a need to restart it. Bugs may still crop up, but generally speaking these packs should be good.

Beta-Stable - These are packs going through final testing before declaring them stable

Beta - These packs are still in a testing phase but on the launcher for mainstream use, we may occasionally need to pull or change a mod to protect the integrity of the pack, however we will make all efforts to minimise this.

Stable
FTB Lite.

Beta-Stable.
Horizons
Magic World 2
Tech Tech World 2
(there should be small updates for all of these this week.)

Beta Pack
Direwolf20
(still waiting on Extra Bees)

Monster
(we are hopeful this can go Beta-stable next week)

FTB Launcher.
Still working behind the scenes on the current launcher.

Other than that, there isnt much to report this week.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20
(still waiting on Extra Bees)

Binnie's released twice since he's been back, or did you mean the pack is waiting for Extra Bees to go in?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
AMG GIEF STABLE PACKS NAOW!! :p
Hope there will be some more progress in the near future, but am understanding to all the other stuff going on(now with this Curse deal too). Just hope to be playing some sweet minecraft soon :p

Stephen Dunne

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for the update slow... :) ... tried updating to the new dw20 1.0.12 just now but its now downloading... might need a minute or some other prob?

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
What about progress on the map? Or have you not started yet? Is it in the planning stages? Or the design stages? Or even the building stages?

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
What about progress on the map? Or have you not started yet? Is it in the planning stages? Or the design stages? Or even the building stages?
I think the map is always in the planning stages, in the back of Slow's mind :p

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
It was said in the last weekly news that the map had been started on. I'm wondering which stage it's currently in with the team.
From Slow's streams from two weeks ago, he had a lot of the base structure prepared, and from what parts I watched, he mentioned getting someone like Direwolf20 to do the Computercraft programming for the back end. Not sure what has been done since those.

For those that don't mind watching 10 hours of pre-recorded streams, part 1 and part 2.

Catfather12

Jul 29, 2019
Waiting on Binnie to say "Hey go ahead and use it".

according to Binnies MCF page:
"Regarding Modpacks
If you have permission to use forestry in your mod pack, in accordance with the terms and conditions provided at the bottom of the forestry forum thread then you have permission to also include Extra Bees/Trees, as long as you link back here"

By the way...thank you for all the hard work--my family and I have been having a great time on the DW20 pack as it is.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
according to Binnies MCF page:
"Regarding Modpacks
If you have permission to use forestry in your mod pack, in accordance with the terms and conditions provided at the bottom of the forestry forum thread then you have permission to also include Extra Bees/Trees, as long as you link back here"

By the way...thank you for all the hard work--my family and I have been having a great time on the DW20 pack as it is.

We try not to use alpha/beta/prerelease versions till the mod author says to.

Catfather12

Jul 29, 2019
We try not to use alpha/beta/prerelease versions till the mod author says to.
Wonderful, then it won't be long now...here is a quote from binnie's twitter this past Tuesday:

"Binnie's Mods has been bumped up to full release status, with 1.8.0 for Minecraft 1.6.4. Download and changelog at (link removed)"

Thanks again!

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Wonderful, then it won't be long now...here is a quote from binnie's twitter this past Tuesday:

"Binnie's Mods has been bumped up to full release status, with 1.8.0 for Minecraft 1.6.4. Download and changelog at (link removed)"

Thanks again!

Its already in MF2 , Tech2 and DW20 :p

happywafflefriez

Jul 29, 2019
I got a message when I downloaded the direwolf20 beta pack. It says UniversalEnergy: Any couldn't be found. It says that the file ForgeModLoader-client-0.log contains more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.