Vanilla+ - Press Release

B

Big Bad

F1BWlRR.png

Feed The Beast is proud to announce the newest member of the FTB modpack series: Vanilla+. Originally devised as an internal project, we have decided to lift the veil, expand our vision, and release this pack to the general public.

Modded minecraft has evolved massively over the last 18 months. With the development of mods such as Buildcraft, Industrialcraft 2 and Thermal Dynamics in 1.7 as well as incredible new mods like Botania, mod packs are becoming increasingly more complex. Looking at the plethora of work not only coming from the FTB Team but also from the multitude of third-party creators, it’s becoming increasingly evident that there’s truly is a modpack out there for almost everyone.

But one area we feel untouched is the standard vanilla experience. FTB Vanilla+ is our attempt to make a mod pack that delivers some of the benefits of Modded Minecraft whilst maintaining the Vanilla feel to a world. While our Lite packs are meant to dive into additional gameplay add-ons like infrastructure, technology, and magic, Vanilla+ is designed to enhance the core mechanics of Minecraft’s base content, providing a familiar yet enhanced playthrough.

Within Vanilla+ players will find UI mods in the form of NEI and Inventory Tweaks and decorative flair through mods like Forge Multipart and the familiar faces of Bibliocraft and Decocraft. Also bundled with the pack will be farming enhancements like Agricraft and Hunger Overhaul, storage options like Storage Drawers, and a heavily modified version of Railcraft focused around tracks and minecarts.

These additions and more help to bring to life our vision of how Vanilla Minecraft should be played. As always, all of the hard work has been done for us by the many talented mod makers out there. We want to thank not just the makers of the mods that are in this pack but anyone out there that is helping to make mods. We hope you all enjoy our vision of Minecraft Vanilla +

Vanilla+ has a planned release by the end of June. The current pack contents, while subject to change, are available below.

Code:
1.7.10-MB_Battlegear2-Bullseye-1.0.8.0.jar
AgriCraft-1.7.10-1.3.1.jar
antiqueatlas-4.2.2-1.7.10.jar
AppleCore-mc1.7.10-1.1.0.jar
Aroma1997Core-1.7.10-1.0.2.13.jar
AromaBackup-1.7.10-0.0.0.5.jar
bamsgrave-1.7.2-1.4.2_01.jar
BiblioCraft[v1.10.4][MC1.7.10].jar
BiblioWoods[Natura][v1.5].jar
Carpenter's Blocks v3.3.6 - MC 1.7.10.jar
Chisel2-2.3.10.37.jar
ChiselTones-1.7.10-1.0-1.jar
CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.6.43-universal.jar
compactstorage-1.7.10-release-2.0.0.9-universal.jar
CustomMainMenu-MC1.7.10-1.5.jar
D3Core-1.7.10-1.1.0.22.jar
Decocraft-2.0.2_1.7.10.jar
denseores-1.6.2.jar
EnderCompass-1.7.10-1.1.jar
Et Futurum-1.1.1.jar
ExtraButtons-1.7.10.1.jar
FastLeafDecay-1.7.10-1.0.jar
FlatSigns-1.7.10-universal-2.1.0.19.jar
hopperductmod-1.7.10-1.3.2.jar
HungerOverhaul-1.7.10-1.0.0.jar
INpureCore-[1.7.10]1.0.0B9-62.jar
InventoryTweaks-1.59-dev-152.jar
Jabba-1.2.1a_1.7.10.jar
JACB-1.7.10-1.0.2.jar
Ladders-0.5.0-MC1.7.10.jar
LavaBoat 2.0.0.jar
Mantle-1.7.10-0.3.2.jar
MineTweaker3-1.7.10-3.0.9C.jar
MineTweakerRecipeMaker-1.7.10-1.1.0.11.jar
Morpheus-1.7.10-1.6.4.jar
natura-1.7.10-2.2.0.1.jar
neiaddons-1.12.9.32-mc1.7.10.jar
NEIIntegration-MC1.7.10-1.0.10.jar
NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.107-universal.jar
Pam's HarvestCraft 1.7.10i.jar
ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.6.2.82-Base.jar
ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.6.2.82-Integration.jar
Railcraft_1.7.10-9.6.1.0.jar
ResourceLoader-1.2.jar
SpiceOfLife-mc1.7.10-1.2.3.jar
StevesWorkshop-0.5.1.jar
StorageDrawers-1.7.10-1.5.5.jar
TorchTools-1.7.10-1.2.0.26.jar
ttCore-MC1.7.10-0.1.0-67.jar
Waila-1.5.10_1.7.10.jar
Ztones-1.7.10-2.2.1.jar
1.7.10\CodeChickenLib-1.7.10-1.1.3.136-universal.jar
1.7.10\commons-codec-1.9.jar
1.7.10\commons-compress-1.8.1.jar
1.7.10\ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.2.0.344-universal.jar
1.7.10\MrTJPCore-1.0.8.16-universal.jar
carpentersblocks\CarpentersBlocksCachedResources.zip

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Within Vanilla+ players will find UI mods in the form of NEI and Inventory Tweaks and decorative flair through mods like Forge Multipart and the familiar faces of Bibliocraft and Decocraft. Also bundled with the pack will be farming enhancements like Agricraft and Hunger Overhaul, storage options like Storage Drawers, and a heavily modified version of Railcraft focused around tracks and minecarts.
! :p

Understand the vision of the pack. Somewhat don't personally understand why someone would play it(or vanilla) instead of a "fuller" pack if they had the choice.

Might serve as a good stepping stone/introduction pack for people new to modded MC or MC in general. I remember being rather overwhelmed by being dumped straight into a 1.4.7 DW20 pack.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
To clarify Hunger Overhaul is in easy mode only adjusting the saturation and "fill up" amounts of the basic foods. None of the negative effects are enabled. We felt this with the addition of Spice of Life gave a reason to have Harvestcraft present.

TheEpic5

Jul 29, 2019
To clarify Hunger Overhaul is in easy mode only adjusting the saturation and "fill up" amounts of the basic foods. None of the negative effects are enabled. We felt this with the addition of Spice of Life gave a reason to have Harvestcraft present.
oh thank god

Reactions: Pudding01

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I'm honestly surprised TiCo is not in this list. I can understand not wanting to go Full HAM on Iguana Tweaks, however TiCo is honestly, in my opinion, how vanilla tool crafting SHOULD be. It is reasonably complex, but very intuitive, and the modifier system beats the RNGness of the vanilla enchanting system so completely that I'm surprised Mojang didn't just co-opt the entire system. The smelting system can be nerfed to not provide double output, but it provides far more verisimilitude on turning raw ore into ingots and especially alloys. It would also obviate JACB and TorchTools, meaning overall you'd actually reduce your mod list.

Having said that, it would be trivial to include. And I fully agree with the hunger overhaul/spice of life/harvestcraft/agricraft suite. One should not be able to live on baked potatoes alone.

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
I'm honestly surprised TiCo is not in this list. I can understand not wanting to go Full HAM on Iguana Tweaks, however TiCo is honestly, in my opinion, how vanilla tool crafting SHOULD be. It is reasonably complex, but very intuitive, and the modifier system beats the RNGness of the vanilla enchanting system so completely that I'm surprised Mojang didn't just co-opt the entire system. The smelting system can be nerfed to not provide double output, but it provides far more verisimilitude on turning raw ore into ingots and especially alloys. It would also obviate JACB and TorchTools, meaning overall you'd actually reduce your mod list.

Having said that, it would be trivial to include. And I fully agree with the hunger overhaul/spice of life/harvestcraft/agricraft suite. One should not be able to live on baked potatoes alone.

My personal objection to TiCon is the ore doubling. If that were tweaked out, I'd be all for it. Especially for the crafting tables :p

Oh, and possibly some of the more OP upgrades- for example auto-smelting.

Sent from somewhere.

Reactions: Bluelion319

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
My personal objection to TiCon is the ore doubling. If that were tweaked out, I'd be all for it. Especially for the crafting tables :p

Oh, and possibly some of the more OP upgrades- for example auto-smelting.

Sent from somewhere.
The ore doubling can be nerfed, auto-smelting is no more difficult than in vanilla. Smelting can be automated in pure vanilla using hoppers, same process can just about automate smelting in TiCo. Besides, Steve's Workshop is in the mod, which is much easier to set up auto-smelting.

If you mean the modifiers, you can easily config those out, or at worst you can Minetweak them out

Reactions: Bluelion319

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
What, no {insert mod}....

Crap, Shneekey already did it.

No recommendations on the modlist from me. Good job guys, should be interesting. I almost thought Railcraft didn't belong, until I remembered minecarts feature prominently in the vanilla experience.

What I didn't see in the list is FastCraft.

It may not be needed in such a pack, or may not have made much of a difference when tested, but I'll be ready to "mark my territory" if adding it helps :D

Reactions: Type1Ninja

WalterWeight

Jul 29, 2019
I'm honestly surprised TiCo is not in this list.

No, please do not ruin this pack with Tinkers! It's in every single mod pack and I'm sick of the sight it if. If affects world gen in a really non vanilla way (floating slime islands? Really?), and totally goes against the ethos of this pack. I'm quite excited by this pack, but tinkers will totally ruin it for me.

Jul 29, 2019
No, please do not ruin this pack with Tinkers! It's in every single mod pack and I'm sick of the sight it if. If affects world gen in a really non vanilla way (floating slime islands? Really?), and totally goes against the ethos of this pack. I'm quite excited by this pack, but tinkers will totally ruin it for me.

I do believe that the floating slime Islands can be turned off in the configs... you don't want floating slime islands? turn em off.

WalterWeight

Jul 29, 2019
Really looking forward to this pack, it's something that's a little different from most other packs. I love tech based mods, but quite like the idea of not having to worry about power generation of complex automated storage systems. Have you considered the inclusion of Malisis doors? That would be a welcome addition that won't detract from the vanilla feel of this mod pack. Maybe the odd (rare) instance of a roguelike dungeon too to make exploration a little more challenging/rewarding, although the dungeons would have to be *really* rare, maybe one in every 5,000m².

p.s. If you're looking for Beta testers :)

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Really looking forward to this pack, it's something that's a little different from most other packs. I love tech based mods, but quite like the idea of not having to worry about power generation of complex automated storage systems. Have you considered the inclusion of Malisis doors? That would be a welcome addition that won't detract from the vanilla feel of this mod pack. Maybe the odd (rare) instance of a roguelike dungeon too to make exploration a little more challenging/rewarding, although the dungeons would have to be *really* rare, maybe one in every 5,000m².

p.s. If you're looking for Beta testers :)
I really like Malisis Doors... +1