Vanilla+ - Press Release

CuteTurret

Jul 29, 2019
The modlist is almost perfect for vanilla+. A mod I would suggest though is the Dense Ores mod, I think it would make mining a bit more rewarding, since vanilla mining is kind boring and theres not many mods that change that.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The modlist is almost perfect for vanilla+. A mod I would suggest though is the Dense Ores mod, I think it would make mining a bit more rewarding, since vanilla mining is kind boring and theres not many mods that change that.
Its a good idea, but I think its already in the list turret :)

Reactions: 1SDAN

Catfish3

Jul 29, 2019
Please tell me that the Ztones Totem Tool is going to be disabled. Instant powerless ore nontupling is pretty far from vanilla.

FyeRee

Jul 29, 2019
I would have thought Better Storage would be a perfect fit.. better than Compact Storage (as far as vanilla goes).
I also think Decocraft's recipes are a little weird for vanilla though I love it's in the pack!

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
A pack that expands upon vanilla already exists though. It's called Vanilla Overhaul, it's on the ATLauncher. .-. It's literally the same modlist, minus a couple of mods. Not saying that I don't like the idea, hell, I attempted this back even in 1.3, when I was like 12 or 13 or something when I first learned how to install a mod with modloader. I am just saying it's done before, people already explored this idea. lol

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
A pack that expands upon vanilla already exists though. It's called Vanilla Overhaul, it's on the ATLauncher. .-. It's literally the same modlist, minus a couple of mods. Not saying that I don't like the idea, hell, I attempted this back even in 1.3, when I was like 12 or 13 or something when I first learned how to install a mod with modloader. I am just saying it's done before, people already explored this idea. lol
I've had my own run with the Enhanced Vanilla idea. I think I called it "Not Quite Vanilla." I had Battlegear, Bibliocraft, Balkon's Weapons, Archimedes Ships, and then Morph. :p
I'm not against FTB making a pack for this, though; I'm an FTB loyalist. ;)

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
My initial thought process in a nutshell:
"Well, to be fair this is probably going to be one of those packs which "aims" for a Vanilla feel but still adds-"
[> antiqueatlas-4.2.2-1.7.10.jar]
"WELP I'M SOLD, THAT'S THE BALANCED MINIMAP MOD THIS'LL BE GREAT"

so yeah, get hype ;U

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of ideas that that have been the center of FTB packs have been explored because minecraft is super popular. Thousands of modpacks have probably been made BECAUSE minecraft is so popular. This mod list will probably change in many ways and a lot of unique ideas will probably be introduced through testing and developing. A core idea being the same is not equal to a pack being the same. And this can be seen through a lot of packs.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019

As I dont really use the AT Launcher, this doesnt really help me does it? The world of modpacks is filled with similar takes on various themes and this is a good thing not a bad thing as long as people don't just straight up copy another pack. Variety and choice are always going to be good for the community imo.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

The same can be said about every KS pack out there, yet people don't say that it's already done and that there's no point to do it.

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
The same can be said about every KS pack out there, yet people don't say that it's already done and that there's no point to do it.
I am not saying that their isn't a point of doing it. I think that this will be done better anyway. I am saying that
But one area we feel untouched is the standard vanilla experience.
this is has been touched. I am not saying that this shouldn't be explored because someone already made an okay vanilla + experience.

Reactions: 1SDAN