Update on the Future of FTB Modpacks in 1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arron Syaoran

Jul 29, 2019
what i meant was will the IC2 pack have GT? Gravisuite? Compact solars or Advanced Solars? Compact Windmills? Perhaps more than 1 IC2 Pack? Sure Gonna miss TE+IC2 Combo(mainly for Pulverized Cracked Stone Brick and Ice Machine that doesn't need silk touch), but I can live without it as long as I have UU matter. I'm currently Trying Redstone Arsenal and Simply Jetpacks in FTB Lite right now, will see if they make good replacements for IC2/GraviSuite equivallents.

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
what i meant was will the IC2 pack have GT? Gravisuite? Compact solars or Advanced Solars? Compact Windmills? Perhaps more than 1 IC2 Pack? Sure Gonna miss TE+IC2 Combo(mainly for Pulverized Cracked Stone Brick and Ice Machine that doesn't need silk touch), but I can live without it as long as I have UU matter. I'm currently Trying Redstone Arsenal and Simply Jetpacks in FTB Lite right now, will see if they make good replacements for IC2/GraviSuite equivallents.
I have admit I will miss vajra but anyway I am pretty sure gravi suit is not even updated to 1.6 I think advanced solars just updated a bit ago so that's unlikly as well. Compact windmills and compact solar are very likely seeing as they where in a few mod packs anyway

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I have admit I will miss vajra but anyway I am pretty sure gravi suit is not even updated to 1.6 I think advanced solars just updated a bit ago so that's unlikly as well. Compact windmills and compact solar are very likely seeing as they where in a few mod packs anyway
For what it's worth, both Gravisuite and advanced solars have been updated for 1.6.4 for months.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Vajra? why not just use a power tool from MPS?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in more of a wait and see mentality with this decision.
On one hand this could streamline FTB modded play and create a pleasant experience and on the other, the playerbase will become frustrated that their favorite mod combo of choice can't be utilized and try their hand at custom packs.

This could also potentially fracture the FTB SMP community further as no one server lives long enough to establish on one pack as there is even now a wide wide selection of modpacks the admins will rapidly flitter to and from. Of course this is not a FTB problem, the admins will have to adapt if they really want a community and not a bunch of stooges who they let play on their server for as long as their interest persists in the game.

Also making your own modpack isn't hard, I'll grant you it's work, unpleasant work but once you wrap your head around the pitfalls and have your "I'm dumb, that's what I did wrong" moments you have gotten through the hardest parts; the learning.
All it takes is time, a hell of a lot of patience and at least a brown belt in Googlefu.

Actually it's permissions that are the hard part, that is is you feel beholden to the modders code of ethics and don't go Technic on them then it's not really a problem (until someone goes explosive bees on your pack...).

So you can make your own pack it's not simple but not hard either, but this could only exacerbates the SMP fracturing.

That being said it's most likely that RF based mods will be sufficient in keeping peoples interest and the SMP community will gravitate to the best all round standard pack overall strengthening. After all a lot of the mods that are allegedly being left out saw a usage drop ages ago.

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
Also making your own modpack isn't hard, I'll grant you it's work, unpleasant work but once you wrap your head around the pitfalls and have your "I'm dumb, that's what I did wrong" moments you have gotten through the hardest parts; the learning.
All it takes is time, a hell of a lot of patience and at least a brown belt in Googlefu.

Actually it's permissions that are the hard part, that is is you feel beholden to the modders code of ethics and don't go Technic on them then it's not really a problem (until someone goes explosive bees on your pack...).

Your own modpack, as in the code you can share with friends to plugin to the FTB launcher? I've been playing/co-admining on a private TechWorld2 server with a couple friends since 1.1.0, and my biggest annoyance is waiting for bugs that have been fixed by the mod authors to get rolled into an updated modpack (or add-ons included). E.g: even with the unpublished 1.1.5 update, RotaryCraft is still at v16c (rel. 2/20) though V22 is out as of 5/4, and ElectriCraft is nowhere to be seen (rel. 3/16, over 7 weeks ago). It's got some shiny new features I'd love to make use of...but not yet. :(

If I could, I guess, fork a modpack and roll these in myself, yet still make it easy to play with friends, I would be soo happy.

ELgriton

Jul 29, 2019
So im going to ask the fabled question, "is there any ETA", to which i assume the answer is "when its done", but it cant hurt to ask so..

Daxamar

Nov 21, 2012
Nice changes. Cant wait till its ready. Going to be fun doing a server on Monster in 1.7! Woot woot.

boborene

Jul 29, 2019
Hate to see how minecraft is going to world of worldcraft instead of industrial craft.
Fail.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Hate to see how minecraft is going to world of worldcraft instead of industrial craft.
Fail.

Dropping a mod that hasn't had a real content update in what over a year. Yah big loss.
Not to mention that as it stands it has little that other mods don't. And what parts of it other mods already have is arguably better. At least more interesting.
Lets skip talking about that obsolete outdated mod. That subject has already bin discussed quite a bit.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
So, would the new packs be exclusively TE3 and one IC2 pack, or would there be a FZ pack, and a RoC pack in addition to the ones you specifically mentioned?
EDIT: I use FZ and RoC as examples, not specifically asking about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.