Update on the Future of FTB Modpacks in 1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redruzerkruzer

Jul 29, 2019
Just want to throw my word in: Please focus on making a pack that is healthier for servers. I know that in monster, or techworld2, ultimate, unleashed, etc, there have always been a few default mods that cause many issues for server owners. For example, with my monster/tw2 public servers, we deal with Xact bypassing all protections (Banned items and restricted items). We also deal with rotarycraft lagging the server, slowing tps, causing chunk corruptions, and other MASSIVE issues because Rieka wont fix the bugs or focus on making it better for servers (Few more main mods too). It is also hard to disable a lot of these mods because others rely on each other. It would be very nice to have an actual pack that has 100-150 mods that servers can run and configure to what they want. Without all those buggy, laggy mods added. Im sure many servers owners would agree that to run a successful server, you need to do a lot of lag checks and constantly monitor players because they build massive lag machines that they do not even know is bad. Now i know that you may say "It is the server owners jobs to keep the players and/or mods in check" which a lot of us do. However, it would be nice to have a pack FOCUSED and designed FOR servers, to allow owners a break, while still letting their players have fun.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Just want to throw my word in: Please focus on making a pack that is healthier for servers. I know that in monster, or techworld2, ultimate, unleashed, etc, there have always been a few default mods that cause many issues for server owners. For example, with my monster/tw2 public servers, we deal with Xact bypassing all protections (Banned items and restricted items). We also deal with rotarycraft lagging the server, slowing tps, causing chunk corruptions, and other MASSIVE issues because Rieka wont fix the bugs or focus on making it better for servers (Few more main mods too). It is also hard to disable a lot of these mods because others rely on each other. It would be very nice to have an actual pack that has 100-150 mods that servers can run and configure to what they want. Without all those buggy, laggy mods added. Im sure many servers owners would agree that to run a successful server, you need to do a lot of lag checks and constantly monitor players because they build massive lag machines that they do not even know is bad. Now i know that you may say "It is the server owners jobs to keep the players and/or mods in check" which a lot of us do. However, it would be nice to have a pack FOCUSED and designed FOR servers, to allow owners a break, while still letting their players have fun.

We designed just that in 1.6. FTB Lite 2. The server hosts love it.

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
Not just server hosts. That's my favourite pack, even though I have a PC that can run the monster pack.
i have to admit it is a fun pack at times... still sometimes i just gotta have my thaumcraft :D and then i need my TTkami... then i find monsta *song turns on* "do the monster mash" and by that i mean mashing them up with my ichorium activated sword...

FireFrost

Jul 29, 2019
when I see the FTB I can only think of the news feed that asked what type of merchandise we would like to see , 3/4 of the packs out there are massively outdated there's stuff in monster that's still 1st version 1.6 mods they updated cofh with a version that's .003 when .005 is out , its a brand thing now, don't forget where you started from a few friends tossing mods in to have a blast , we always forget the little things, and with AT and technic , you will always find what you are looking for , I have dire's youtube on autoplay , you ve been a great team , I will not miss the circuits or making 5 machines to make them from GT lol , you all have to look at the mod devs the way theyre set in their ways like GT he wont just add a mod addon for ic2 he wants to run the entire pack- his pack unhinged was a fun time ok we have all the machines now what? oh ya make the machines make machines lol , hes a prime example of making a solo pack , you need to get the mod devs to make stuff that's easily conifurable and easy to add to other packs , most of the stuff out there is just the same thing repeated and its good to remove it - gendustry is good for bees will that be going also ?

Lucky_strike_DXD

Jul 29, 2019
any idea on mods like Pneumaticraft or Hydrolicraft, they are seperate mods with their own power, but they have added some support for EU and RF

Defiancey

Jul 29, 2019
I personally dont mind if the packs dont have all the mods and what not. As long as i can add the ones in i want.

Farinhir

Jul 29, 2019
any idea on mods like Pneumaticraft or Hydrolicraft, they are seperate mods with their own power, but they have added some support for EU and RF
These probably fall into the same category as RotaryCraft (with the exception that RC allows for RF use and creation).

Dungeonmaster372

Jul 29, 2019
not sure but I had a post that was supposed to be #442 but was wondering if it was deleted and why please pm me
Sorry for the double post but I am still wondering about this issue here. I just want to know what happened to my post please if you will, Please PM me if I made a mistake or if I had done something wrong, cause I didn't realize I broke any rules with the post if I did.

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
Sorry for the double post but I am still wondering about this issue here. I just want to know what happened to my post please if you will, Please PM me if I made a mistake or if I had done something wrong, cause I didn't realize I broke any rules with the post if I did.
It probably was taken down if it was off topic or to rude a guy a bit back asked for help with opening the launcher on this thread I told him wronge place shortly after both comments where taken down

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
From quickly browsing the last few pages of this thread, I think that a lot of people have forgotten that these mod developers make these mods entirely out of their own spare time. They are not employed to do it, they do it because they love minecraft and adding their own content to the game. Those people that are complaining that Mod X hasn't bothered fixing updates or haven't posted anything in a while, you should remember that MINECRAFT IS NOT THEIR LIFE!

So FTB peoples, take your time with updating the launcher, we understand that it is not your sole priority in life.

Sincerely,

A happy Feed the Beast User :D

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
From quickly browsing the last few pages of this thread, I think that a lot of people have forgotten that these mod developers make these mods entirely out of their own spare time. They are not employed to do it, they do it because they love minecraft and adding their own content to the game. Those people that are complaining that Mod X hasn't bothered fixing updates or haven't posted anything in a while, you should remember that MINECRAFT IS NOT THEIR LIFE!

So FTB peoples, take your time with updating the launcher, we understand that it is not your sole priority in life.

Sincerely,

Is it bad that I am starting to get just as annoyed with praising as hating? Yes ik they get a lot of crap from rude people who want it MEYE WEYYYYY but it's kinda abvious we like them otherwise we would leave. Course I don't regularly get at least 9 praises a day so it is possible I'm wronge XD

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius

Sincerely,

Jaded and eyamaz take a lot of time making packs for nothing but the joy of creation. Applause.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I personally feel that FTB needs to get back to roots and unleash a new Beast monument to be fed. That was the signature map/pack of FTB, long before any other pack. I know that's not an easy thing to do, what with all the logic, testing, etc, etc.

:) This is an A.C.E comment! And with a lot of youtube minecraft personalities getting into modded MC lately, this would be an excellent, excellent thing to happen. Imagine psj facing off with chimneyswift.. BAJ and biffa vs vechs and eth0... DW20, soaryn and pahimar (please no auryelian!) vs rwtema, okushama (the gentlemen pranksters) and iChun (kid gloves are off, diiiireeeee) (And I am taking bets over that corner there ;) )

Last edited:

SynysterBear

Jul 29, 2019
people seem to forget that Forgecraft isn't a FTB server hosted by FTB
it's a few servers that are hosted by Pahimar (or by now probably someone else) where mod developers, let's players, modpack creators and anyone important to the modded community can play on a few different servers to try out the mods, play modded minecraft with eachother and have fun, it's not an official FTB server that's used for FTB

Oh I meant the various series and streams the peeps do. Like will I get a dw 20 ic2 only sever play series?

Should have made that clearer. Feel like an idiot now.

Sent from Space, Ireland

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe this has already been answered or rejected, but I'll give it a go anyway!

What is the current progress on the new launcher? I remember hearing something about it being close to done before the very delayed 1.6 packs arrived, but after that I've heard nothing new, but that you wouldn't release it before a few improvements were done. Is there any more information available to the public as of now? No, I'm not asking for an ETA, I just want to know how it's going.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe this has already been answered or rejected, but I'll give it a go anyway!

What is the current progress on the new launcher? I remember hearing something about it being close to done before the very delayed 1.6 packs arrived, but after that I've heard nothing new, but that you wouldn't release it before a few improvements were done. Is there any more information available to the public as of now? No, I'm not asking for an ETA, I just want to know how it's going.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-curse-update.42638/
The new Curse client is the new launcher. There's plenty of announcements in that thread (and more than a few arguments, but we try to ignore those).
It's also important to note that it's a client, not a launcher, @Jadedcat keeps pointing it out :p

Status
Not open for further replies.