Update on the Future of FTB Modpacks in 1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dungeonmaster372

Jul 29, 2019
umm what do you mean "imput codes" (may be really obvious and im just missing it but lol)

DW20 is my prime example here, he is the one whom created the pack respectfully and you do not have to input a pack code, hence, a third party supported public pack, my pack is in beta phase right now and I am working towards getting it approved like the DW20 pack. I have to work on generating an audience so I can have it up there with his.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 is my prime example here, he is the one whom created the pack respectfully and you do not have to input a pack code, hence, a third party supported public pack, my pack is in beta phase right now and I am working towards getting it approved like the DW20 pack. I have to work on generating an audience so I can have it up there with his.
Well, Dire made the modlist, FTB maintains the pack. A better example would be Lapitos Galacticraft pack, or New World.

Dungeonmaster372

Jul 29, 2019
Well, Dire made the modlist, FTB maintains the pack. A better example would be Lapitos Galacticraft pack, or New World.

*in a vaguely familiar Peter Griffin voice "awe now you are just splitting hairs!" :p

Yeah you are correct, but if I am not mistaken dire was the one whom got all the permissions for it, and did a lot of the leg work to get it started. Not to belittle the FTB team. If I am not mistaken he still handles the updating of the modpack and when he wants to add something to it he still has to obtain permissions and stuff. Although it is maintained by FTB dire still has to work on keeping it up to date (if he wants).

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
*in a vaguely familiar Peter Griffin voice "awe now you are just splitting hairs!" :p

Yeah you are correct, but if I am not mistaken dire was the one whom got all the permissions for it, and did a lot of the leg work to get it started. Not to belittle the FTB team. If I am not mistaken he still handles the updating of the modpack and when he wants to add something to it he still has to obtain permissions and stuff. Although it is maintained by FTB dire still has to work on keeping it up to date (if he wants).
IIRC that is handled pretty much 100% by jaded. The only thing dire does is tell her he wants a new mod...

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

Um no the permissions for the DW20 pack are through FTB. And no he does not do the updating, I do. I get the permissions for new mods as well.

Ag Skies is a better example, or MF2 both were created by me MF2 before I became part of the FTB modpack team. All the permissions for both packs are granted to me and not FTB.

Dungeonmaster372

Jul 29, 2019
Um no the permissions for the DW20 pack are through FTB. And no he does not do the updating, I do. I get the permissions for new mods as well.

Ag Skies is a better example, or MF2 both were created by me MF2 before I became part of the FTB modpack team. All the permissions for both packs are granted to me and not FTB.

I appologize for my ignorance on this matter, I was under the understanding that he was the one whom chose what went into the pack and when it got updated. :p sorry for this and I meant not to offend anyone. My ultimate goal on my adventures is to get my modpack approved publicly like the aforementioned Packs and once approved I wish to maintain them solely is there a link that could help me out with that?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I appologize for my ignorance on this matter, I was under the understanding that he was the one whom chose what went into the pack and when it got updated. :p sorry for this and I meant not to offend anyone. My ultimate goal on my adventures is to get my modpack approved publicly like the aforementioned Packs and once approved I wish to maintain them solely is there a link that could help me out with that?
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?threads/18250/

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I'm personally really excited to get working on minetweaker stuff for 1.7. There's going to be a lot more content in the mod so you can do even more with it. Also the entire recipe system doesn't crash and burn if one fails, plus the ability to just drop a file in a folder to load it so more modability. Players wanting to merge packs would be able to just drag the minetweaker folder over and have it work without any extra fuss.

gollark8

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion TE is just an easymode copy of most IC2 stuff with a different name and a different super-easy power system.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
End of the day, mod pack makers are sharing a game vision. You'll either like it or hate it (like marmite). Exactly the same as mod makers.

As a player, your goal is to find the vision that you agree with or want to try, and NOT spout off about the stuff you hate trying to rouse a rabble to burn said pack to ashes. A lot of work and testing goes into compiling a themed modpack.

I feel some player are stuck in the 1.2.5 era and expect 1.6+ packs to be basically the same. Digital Evolution is fast, nothing will be the same. Time to try new things, and see what survives, and what fails, and as a result of both, see what new mods might develop.

Also, I personally feel that FTB needs to get back to roots and unleash a new Beast monument to be fed. That was the signature map/pack of FTB, long before any other pack. I know that's not an easy thing to do, what with all the logic, testing, etc, etc.

MrBrunty

Jul 29, 2019
He is pretty clearly referring to FTB launcher hosted modpacks meaning official packs not MultiMC.

I was referring to the go it alone style packs that some people have, the kind where to have it on the feb launcher you have to go around and get the permission of each individual mod author. I also wasn't saying that smaller packs wouldn't be popular, I was saying that in my opinion they wouldn't provide as long an experience due to the lack of variety as an all the mods style pack.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
I was referring to the go it alone style packs that some people have, the kind where to have it on the feb launcher you have to go around and get the permission of each individual mod author. I also wasn't saying that smaller packs wouldn't be popular, I was saying that in my opinion they wouldn't provide as long an experience due to the lack of variety as an all the mods style pack.
Regardless of which modpack or who's creating it, you still need permission from all mod authors. FTB modpack creators do exactly the same thing as everyone else who makes a modpack.
Excluding those who give blanket permission, of course.

Last edited:

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Well, for example you can obtain obsidian without diamond pickaxe in the igneous extruder. (Not to mention this is totally energy-free, and the block breaker can too, and I believe it is energy free too). Oh, I almost forgot the autonomous activator, which is energy free too. I also saw that cobblestone is worth 1 bucket of lava in the magma crucible, which is just too much (1 obsidian produces 1 bucket of lava too).
Hmm, block breakers shouldn't have to be powered, and for your recipe issues, can I introduce you to minetweaker?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Basically this whole thing boils down to simple cause and effect

• Cause: More mods are RF compatible than not
  • Effect: More packs can be made with RF mods

• Cause: More intricate power systems are overshadowed in traditional packs
  • Effect: Put the intricate power systems in packs where they will shine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.