Unnamed Job/Purchase Modpack Discussion Thread

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Just spent 30 minutes researching the value of metals for a useless coin system YAY!

Rust Coin: 1 Crud

Lead Coin: 0.001 Credits
Zinc Coin: 0.01 Credits
Aluminum Coin: 0.1 Credits
Copper Coin: 1 Credit
Nickel Coin: 10 Credits
Tin Coin: 100 Credits
Iron Coin: 1,000 Credits

Silver Coin: 1 Jewls
Gold Coin: 10 Jewls
Emerald Coin: 100 Jewl
Diamond Coin: 1,000 Jewls

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, is there any way to lock off areas of the map to only people of a specific HQM alignment/faction/whatever?

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
HQM has the quest gate system blocks which disappear when you complete a quest, I'd guess you can also set them to react to alignment and if not just have a quest which opens them up which is alignment restricted.

Reactions: 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
HQM has the quest gate system blocks which disappear when you complete a quest, I'd guess you can also set them to react to alignment and if not just have a quest which opens them up which is alignment restricted.
Thanks. To be honest I never even knew HQM had anything like that. Would've helped if they didn't have so similar of textures...

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
New screenshots of the 1st Job Selection room Uploaded! Updating OP to include screenshots link

P.S. Project Red Inverted Lighting is a GODSEND! I can't imagine my build looking as good as it currently does without it. Plus the addition of microblocks make hiding my lights so easy!

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any idea if it's possible to have a quest that can be manually set to uncompleted by the player after it's completion? I ask as I find this would be useful for selecting jobs.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Anyone have any idea if it's possible to have a quest that can be manually set to uncompleted by the player after it's completion? I ask as I find this would be useful for selecting jobs.
I think there are ways to make a quest so you can claim the reward multiple times, does that help?

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I think there are ways to make a quest so you can claim the reward multiple times, does that help?
Well, my idea is that you can only choose 1 Primary Path at a time, and you may only gain buffs/access areas that are given to those Paths.

WitherBlaster

Jul 29, 2019
Well, my idea is that you can only choose 1 Primary Path at a time, and you may only gain buffs/access areas that are given to those Paths.
I had an idea for a HQM add-on, and that sounds like something that would work well with it.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I got the mod somewhat working. There are a few problems though:
The player has to be in survival mode. It won't work correctly in adventure mode.
The player is unable to break blocks, but it's behaving differently from adventure mode: it's like the player was hitting bedrock.
Other than that, the CanBreak part is working perfectly.

I'm having a bit trouble with the CanPlaceOn part. It's working but if you have an item with CanPlaceOn in your hand and right-click on, let's say, a button, it won't work. You have to have an empty hand or an item without CanPlaceOn to be able to click the button.
I could remove that restriction, but then if you try to place a block it would place it client-side for a split second and play the sound, rather than doing nothing.
Not sure which of those two behaviors I should choose at the end. Both are kinda annoying.

Last edited:

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I got the mod somewhat working. There are a few problems though:
The player has to be in survival mode. It won't work correctly in adventure mode.
The player is unable to break blocks, but it's behaving differently from adventure mode: it's like the player was hitting bedrock.
Other than that, the CanBreak part is working perfectly.

I'm having a bit trouble with the CanPlaceOn part. It's working but if you have an item with CanPlaceOn in your hand and right-click on, let's say, a button, it won't work. You have to have an empty hand or an item without CanPlaceOn to be able to click the button.
I could remove that restriction, but then if you try to place a block it would place it client-side for a split second and play the sound, rather than doing nothing.
Not sure which of those two behaviors I should choose at the end. Both are kinda annoying.
Maybe have an option for either if it's not too much work.

As for survival only, I think that will work perfectly! Means that modpackers who want people to create their own worlds won't have to worry about people creating worlds in survival and bypassing the tags completely. Maybe you could even work that as a feature and make hands act as a block in themselves, having their own distinct sets of canPlaceOn and canBreak

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Make hands act as a block? o_O
Basically allow you to have specific blocks they can break/interact with using the previous things. So hands can press wooden buttons but you need a key for stone buttons. Just gives more mapmaking options

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I can put that in as a config option: whether or not CanPlaceOn also affects right-clicking on buttons etc.