Universal Electricity vs IC2 pros & cons

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
If you use EnderIO, try the Transceivers for getting steam into the turbines. There doesn't seem to be a limit, how much steam goes through a Transceiver face. (There does seems to be a rather sharp limit though, how much steam will go through a Liquid Conduit node.)

Steam Boiler -> Liquid Conduits -> Transceiver
Transceiver -> Turbine

Reactions: MagusUnion

Lonewolf187

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I've been working with UE and specifically the Atomic Science Fission reactor and have been able to get the Turbine issue I was having resolved using the EnderIO liquid pipes. It was fun putting the reactor together and it puts out a surprising amount of power, I've been able to run two large and 6 small turbines off of one reactor.

Is there any FTB packs that have all the UE mods with the other big mods like Buildcraft, IC2, and TE? The only one I found was the Ampz pack, however it doesnt have BC or IC2.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
It is the Heat Generator. It can either run on burnables being placed inside, or run passively (but slowly) on lava source blocks adjacent to it. It is the only UE generator which does not require steel to create.

There's also it's Wind Turbines and Solar Panels for passive power gen. Unlike other mods, both seem quite balanced in it's recipe. They are expensive, especially on gold! (This is based on 1.5.2 experience, things may have changed in 1.6.x)

What would be good if the UE wiki would be updated with a simple entry of each block, it's crafting recipe, and a brief note of what you need to do with it (this crushes ores that can be cooked into ingots in a factory). Doesn't have to go into massive detail, just a starting point so you have a clue how to get started and what blocks are needed to work together.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
There's also it's Wind Turbines and Solar Panels for passive power gen. Unlike other mods, both seem quite balanced in it's recipe. They are expensive, especially on gold! (This is based on 1.5.2 experience, things may have changed in 1.6.x)

What would be good if the UE wiki would be updated with a simple entry of each block, it's crafting recipe, and a brief note of what you need to do with it (this crushes ores that can be cooked into ingots in a factory). Doesn't have to go into massive detail, just a starting point so you have a clue how to get started and what blocks are needed to work together.

Lol..yeah. I have lost count of how many times I've crafted a Crusher, expecting it to be a macerator. When what I'm really looking for is the enrichment chamber. :)

Reactions: RedBoss

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Unfortunately, they also both require a Steel Frame, which means steel, which means an already established power supply. And the only way to establish that power supply is with the Heat Generator, since it is the -only- generator which does not require steel to craft.

I'm working on it. I do have both the Crusher and the Enrichment Chamber already fully statted out here. Unfortunately, I've been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance to get much more done on it.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Ah, that must be a 1.6.x change. In 1.5.x they don't need steel frames.

By the wiki, I mean the devs should be putting that info on there. After all, they are the ones that know how it all works. One other "problem" I feel with Mekanism is the names of the blocks. If you try and work it out for yourself, you can end up crafting the wrong thing (Classic example is Crusher and Enrichment Chamber)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Ah, that must be a 1.6.x change. In 1.5.x they don't need steel frames.

By the wiki, I mean the devs should be putting that info on there. After all, they are the ones that know how it all works. One other "problem" I feel with Mekanism is the names of the blocks. If you try and work it out for yourself, you can end up crafting the wrong thing (Classic example is Crusher and Enrichment Chamber)
I'd rather the devs work on the code and keeping it up to date, personally. However, not all of the functionalities are inherently obvious, which is something that could legitimately be worked on.

Still, at least there is a Wiki, even if it is still incomplete. That's a start. Of sorts.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, they also both require a Steel Frame, which means steel, which means an already established power supply. And the only way to establish that power supply is with the Heat Generator, since it is the -only- generator which does not require steel to craft.

At least in 1.6.2 you can take a simple furnace (yep, the 8 cobblestone one), slap a copper wire on it and it will produce UE instead of melting stuff. Not a lot, but it will get the steel production going.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
At least in 1.6.2 you can take a simple furnace (yep, the 8 cobblestone one), slap a copper wire on it and it will produce UE instead of melting stuff. Not a lot, but it will get the steel production going.
This recipe does not appear in my mod pack for 1.6.2 which includes Mekanism. Perhaps it comes from another of the UE mods?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I've started playing RR and have to say I've struggled with information and it's taken a few good videos by Bevo to shed some light on a lot of things and even now I'm unsure about a lot.

Direwolf's mod spotlights are way out of date, wikis don't have any information and those that do are out of date.

What I will say though is I'm enjoying learning something new for a change and it looks pretty cool, just wish some of it (UE and Mekanism) weas better documented.

Reactions: Bevo

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've started playing RR and have to say I've struggled with information and it's taken a few good videos by Bevo to shed some light on a lot of things and even now I'm unsure about a lot.

Direwolf's mod spotlights are way out of date, wikis don't have any information and those that do are out of date.

What I will say though is I'm enjoying learning something new for a change and it looks pretty cool, just wish some of it (UE and Mekanism) weas better documented.

some good news though, resonant rise has a new website and is working on a wiki, hopefully that wiki will have alot of UE documentation

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
some good news though, resonant rise has a new website and is working on a wiki, hopefully that wiki will have alot of UE documentation
We're working on the wiki. A big part of RR is being cutting edge so it does have its risks. But the new rewards are great.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
We're working on the wiki. A big part of RR is being cutting edge so it does have its risks. But the new rewards are great.

just hope for you guys that the mod developers of UE are willing to provide assistance with the wiki by answering some of your questions regarding the mods. if they do that. I know for sure the wiki will be a hit

Lonewolf187

Jul 29, 2019
Well I just discovered that the Atomic Science Turbines can provide EU, MJ, or UE energy depending on what cable you have connected to the output side of the turbine.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows what happens with speed upgrades?

According to DW20 you can only put 1 in a machine but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore, you can insert multiple. But what happens when you break the machine, you don't get the speed upgrade back so is it lost as it doesn't appear to keep the speed when replaced.

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019

I am glad some of my videos could help. :)

I've been offered an amazing opportunity to play on a RR LP server. I don't know yet where the server is located or how well I'll be able to record, but super hopeful all goes well. Even if not SMP I hope to have a RR LP soon(tm). :)

Also Calclavia and Aidan have been on me to do an updated spotlight on Mek. I built a stage for it a few weeks ago but got distracted by my magic lp with the releases of AM2 & TC4. :p If I start a RR LP I will do a Mek Spotlight for sure as the timing would coincide very well IMO. Probably start filming it next week so look for the Mek Spotlight in the coming weeks. :)

If you ever need anything covered specifically I am always looking for suggestions! I soooo love doing those spotlights and need to get back into doing Block Tutorials. Those were a blast. :)

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Well the version I'm playing (5.5.7.211) has a few changes - no copper wire has universal instead, also has tubes for item transfer and I believe liquid transfer too. Also has color configurable sided machines that I haven't got working yet (TE style) but I think may need the tubes to auto eject from which is a shame as the compatibility with EnderIO did make for some really compact setups. There's also a hidden button :D on the GUIs for ejecting any upgrades you put in which I figured out (answering my own question above).

As much good as videos are without an up to date wiki to back them up the mods will never get the full commitment from players, the younger generation will most likely just switch to another mod and those of us oldies without any patience to delve deeper would probably too.

As for stuff to cover, well I'm still learning it but most of the things I can't find answers to are not in the version you're playing on.

Status
Not open for further replies.