Ultimate Pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jenral

Jul 29, 2019
Do you guys have sound problems with the Ultimate beta?

I have no sound for stuff like punching or using picks, and no music. Mobs make no sounds.

Explosions, wisps sounds and some other stuff do work however.

Yes I'm having sound trouble too.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody find the use of Zan's minimap rather than the standard Rei's minimap annoying?

Endyl192

Jul 29, 2019
My thoughts on the ultimate pack:

• Oh nice, finally we have the ultimate pack!
  • Well, it has all this voxel nonsense and 5-10 fps. Let's disable all the voxel mods. Suddenly over 30 fps, but no minimap.
  • Let's add REI's minimap, sure it's a little hit on the fps but the average is still around 30.
The only thing left for me is to disable some or all of GT's nonse tedium and everything will be fine with the ultimate pack :)

Reactions: Dravarden

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
Let's add REI's minimap, sure it's a little hit on the fps but the average is still around 30.

The issue is the REI's shows the IP address of the server when it is loading waypoints which is not good for streamers and LP'ers. Unless that gets fixed I doubt it'll return.

The only thing left for me is to disable some or all of GT's nonse tedium and everything will be fine with the ultimate pack :)

Hopefully the team will do that themselves so we won't need to update these settings each time the pack updates.

Endyl192

Jul 29, 2019
The issue is the REI's shows the IP address of the server when it is loading waypoints which is not good for streamers and LP'ers. Unless that gets fixed I doubt it'll return.

I know about that, but I'm neither a streamer nor an LP-er (yet; and should I become one sometime, I could work around that just to have the IMO better REI's map), so it's not an issue for me :)

[edit]And yeah, let's hope that they will implement some kind of config chooser for the mods (especially for GT) as they promised or said that they will. Or even some kind of smart config update would be nice, so that I don't have to mess with the configs with every pack update, only once.[/edit]

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
I know about that, but I'm neither a streamer nor an LP-er (yet; and should I become one sometime, I could work around that just to have the IMO better REI's map), so it's not an issue for me :)

And you need to be able to differentiate what is good for you and what is good for others. LP'ers and streamers give a lot of publicity to the pack and their needs are important to account for. ;) With the increase in users, the maker of the minimap in the pack may well make some improvements given the additional interest in the mod.

Endyl192

Jul 29, 2019
And you need to be able to differentiate what is good for you and what is good for others. LP'ers and streamers give a lot of publicity to the pack and their needs are important to account for. ;)

That's why I said how I've modified the pack for my personal taste and not demanded how they should modify it :)

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
it ain't that hard to go ask in the thread you know...

Have you ever read the thread? It has been asked more times than I can count. Rei isn't a great English speaker. I'm not sure he fully understands some of the things people post unfortunately.

Ninjazombie

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know why I can no longer burn scrap in a boiler while using the ultimate pack? Anyway I can change this back?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
maybe is an gregtech nerf?

what the hell am I saying? of course it is! blame gregtech for everything!

no, now serious, it was railcraft and I don't think is reversible...

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

That's an issue that doesn't affect 99% of the people, and there is a system setup (local hosts files) to not display a useful IP for the minuscule percentage of the population (streamers) that it does. It's an entirely poor reason to ship the lesser technology.

Kocyk

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know why I can no longer burn scrap in a boiler while using the ultimate pack? Anyway I can change this back?

It was nerfed in new version of Railcraft, and i doubt there is config for that.