Ultimate Pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Malkara

Jul 29, 2019
Just imagine how awesome or not awesome at all that might could and maybe would be though!

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious as to why there is no UE in this pack. Am I missing something?
contrary to it's name, UE is not universal. It tried to make an Energy API but honestly, if you want realistic energy, Bluetricity has it beat. If you want easy to use energy, IC2 has it beat, and if you want applicable energy, BC has it beat. It is not universal in any sense of the word, I fail to see why any of the established mods would want to hook into this API rather than use their own superior systems.
Secondly, it really should be "Universal Energy", rather than Electricity..

hang on... so it's neither universal, nor is it electricity...

Local Energy?

sounds like a shitty name for a mod.. .

Reactions: Saice

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
I think the "universal" in UE is meant to mean that it's (intended to be) universal in the sense that all mods (if it reaches its full potential) use it, thus it's "universal" over the set of mods.

And I'm wondering how IC2 has it beat other than possibly balance issues or lack of machines/generators (unavoidable given what it intends to be.) I can see Blutricity and BC being better, but UE seems basically like IC2 energy in a more "raw" API form.

esotericist

Jul 29, 2019
And I'm wondering how IC2 has it beat other than possibly balance issues or lack of machines/generators (unavoidable given what it intends to be.) I can see Blutricity and BC being better, but UE seems basically like IC2 energy in a more "raw" API form.

IC2's EUs aren't attempting to model electricity in any real form. People refer to 'voltage' and 'current', but the concepts don't really map very well. UE's power is substantially different in this regard.

Personally, I feel EU is a more "minecrafty" power system. Anything in the direction of realism seems misplaced in a game where you punch trees apart with your bare hands and blocks cheerfully float unsupported in the air.

bsb23

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I could care less about the electrical system I'm personally more interested in the potential that Assembly Line has, nothing more. Also I have to admit that I miss the large explosives. I figured these mods added a little more functionality than Flat Bedrock, I figured it wasn't an issue of functionality but of something else I was missing.

Frizfox

Jul 29, 2019
I'm liking this pack a lot so far. The only issue I have with it is the gregtech iron/gold/diamond block recipe on by default. I don't really care if they go with hard mode recipes or not, but I think requiring an ic2 power net to make a vanilla iron block is just annoying. This change accomplishes nothing and completely breaks the factorization packager among other things.

Reactions: Jyzarc

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I'm liking this pack a lot so far. The only issue I have with it is the gregtech iron/gold/diamond block recipe on by default. I don't really care if they go with hard mode recipes or not, but I think requiring an ic2 power net to make a vanilla iron block is just annoying. This change accomplishes nothing and completely breaks the factorization packager among other things.

You can easily disable this though. It is pretty annoying, I generally don't like when mods mess with vanilla stuff

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Man I dream of the day I can use BT for everything. Even if it means having a HUGE wind farm or something.

SeniLiX

Jul 29, 2019
Thats the thing. You do not need an IC2 power system for that. Just put a few pieces of redstone on the bottom slot of the compressor and it's running. No need for generators, batboxes or cables.
If you think this breaks the packager, then one could argue that the rolling machine breaks the ptoject table because it removes the ability to craft rails without the use of MJ.

It's the exact same thing.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I felt that there was some problem with gold too, but only in certain biomes.

My main example was in Savana, where I could not find a single piece of it, even with extensive branch mining.
(100 long, 3 blocks in between, 20 of them, multiplied by 3 layers)
It might be lack of luck, or it might be that some specific biomes don't spawn it (voluntarily or not).

Your best bet would be to try your luck in an other biome, in case you stumbled upon the same problem as I did.
And before you ask, it's not all Extra biomes that don't spawn them, it only happened in savana for me so far.