Ultimate Pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
That's an issue that doesn't affect 99% of the people, and there is a system setup (local hosts files) to not display a useful IP for the minuscule percentage of the population (streamers) that it does. It's an entirely poor reason to ship the lesser technology.

You are incorrect. A large number of people are using FTB thanks to streamers and LP'ers. "You helped get us a lot of interest but screw you, we don't really care about your problems. You can fix those." would sound very nice to the people who helped create the interest. Most of them want something that works out of the box (hence the point of a mod pack) and not have to poke and pick at things to fix issues. If you can't understand that then I'd say you need to give it some more thought.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
You are incorrect. A large number of people are using FTB thanks to streamers and LP'ers. "You helped get us a lot of interest but screw you, we don't really care about your problems. You can fix those."

First, it doesn't affect Youtubers at all.

Second, they can very much fix those problems that are unique to their _money_making_enterprise_, in a manner that isn't onerous to _everybody_else_ and consider it a time-cost of business.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know why I can no longer burn scrap in a boiler while using the ultimate pack? Anyway I can change this back?
Covert Jaguar didn't like the way people were using other mod's fuels with his mod, so he nerfed it all to hell. Scrap is the most severe, but blaze rods only burn 21% of their original power, so they're basically useless. I guess emergent design is a bad thing for Railcraft.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
First, it doesn't affect Youtubers at all.

Second, they can very much fix those problems that are unique to their _money_making_enterprise_, in a manner that isn't onerous to _everybody_else_ and consider it a time-cost of business.

First. Humans make mistakes.

Second. They don't want to fix the problems nor should they need to and clearly the pack makers agree, which is good.

I'm also not going to debate this with you. It is the way it is and they made the correct choice.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I rather have 1-2 fps drop and edit my videos PROPERLY so it doesn't show the IP instead of dropping 20-25 and not editing that part, because anyway, you edit a video always, is not pressing record, talk and slap it to youtube.

Reactions: Pokefenn

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
I rather have 1-2 fps drop and edit my videos PROPERLY so it doesn't show the IP instead of dropping 20-25 and not editing that part, because anyway, you edit a video always, is not pressing record, talk and slap it to youtube.

REI's is better. You will get no argument from me. However it isn't ideal for LP'ers and streamers. That's just the way it is. I really hope he fixes it, I really do. But unless he does then the current situation is going to be resolved the only way it can be - removing it.

Ok, then GregTech is the way it is too. In your little fantasy world.

Mmm. No. Most LP'ers hate it because they need to grind in order to get any decent progress to show on camera.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Mmm. No. Most LP'ers hate it because they need to grind in order to get any decent progress to show on camera.

The world doesn't run on LPers. But you've already expressed the rules of your fantasy world: NO CHANGES CONSIDERED. Your scenario, you don't get to change it now.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
The world doesn't run on LPers. But you've already expressed the rules of your fantasy world: NO CHANGES CONSIDERED. Your scenario, you don't get to change it now.

In the Minecraft community the world does run on LP'ers. Minecraft was a hit largely due to LP'ers. They are the reason Minecraft made it big, got exposure and without the interest I wonder how many mods would be what they are. The whole "screw you Jimmy, we won't do stuff to make your life easier" crap is counter productive. Anyone with a modicum of sense can see that, at least I hope so.

Misinterpreting what I say is a fault of yourself that I cannot fix for you. Re-read what I said. Maybe you will be enlightened as to the error in your interpretation. I have no interest in correcting it for you.

I'm also not going to debate the topic with you since you can't even seen to understand the basic premise I present. I have better ways to waste my time.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
well, is true that everyone and their brother in the mindcrack server hates greg and his tech, besides anderz that doesn't mind grinding, and etho, that hasn't even made a macerator yet.

Dafuq?

Jul 29, 2019
Opinion rejected.

Agreed, I couldn't care less about LPers or their fanboys...

But back on topic:

There's nothing in there that makes me want to switch from my custom ultimate pack (DW+MC+UE+ some personal additions). And IMO it isn't really ultimate without Logistic Pipes. They really should have reconsidered putting in thezorro266's version. It's open source after all.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics is so insanely good for logistics that you probably don't even need Logistics Pipes anymore.

Dafuq?

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics is so insanely good for logistics that you probably don't even need Logistics Pipes anymore.

Yeah I heard that, haven't tried it yet. But honestly, I can't imagine a thing that I couldn't do with LP alone, I'm still waiting for a situation where it doesn't do the job perfectly well... And for the mass storage - does anybody really need more than an extradimensional barrel with an item sink and a provider module? For what?

BTW, thank you so much for your configs, they made my custom pack A LOT easier to build!

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics requires power to do anything. That alone might interest you, because your logistics system can fail.

Dafuq?

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics requires power to do anything. That alone might interest you, because your logistics system can fail.
Well I'm definitively gonna give it a try in my next world, but I don't really understand what you're saying. The unofficial LP needs power as well (ok, if you have a TE energy network established, it's hardly noticeable) and at least for me it never failed. And believe me, I built very large and busy networks...

EDIT: Oh after reading your post again, I think I get it, you're saying it might interest me because AE fails if it has no power and is thus more challenging... Yeah well, I like my logistics to work, not fail :D And an extensive LP network isn't cheap either, so I don't really consider them OP. At least not very much, and the energy usage is configurable, so if you think it's OP you can make it use as much power as you want.

mutopian

Jul 29, 2019
well, is true that everyone and their brother in the mindcrack server hates greg and his tech, besides anderz that doesn't mind grinding, and etho, that hasn't even made a macerator yet.

I found it quite amusing that Etho was the one that pushed for GT hardmode for the Mindcrack setup and has hardly used it - he's such a troll ;)

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
I found it quite amusing that Etho was the one that pushed for GT hardmode for the Mindcrack setup and has hardly used it - he's such a troll ;)

He has a few of gregs multi block machines hidden away in his IC2 corner of his underground work area. Last I saw he had a industry blast furnace, electrolyzer, centrifuge and possibly a grinder and implosion compressor hidden away back their. All powered by his demo bio mass system and no solars to be seen so he is messing with IC2, just not on the same level as the others focusing on it.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
For LP'ers (such as those on the MindCrack servers for example) they had severe issues with the minimap. It was showing the IP address of the server in the chat when logging in and their server came under DDoS several times as a result. Since there is no option to disable the message from being displayed it doesn't leave a lot of options.

You simply misunderstood the point I was trying to make.

Add an alias in the hosts file of the client machine
in this text file (located on windows in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc") add a line that has
127.0.0.1 nameIWantToUse

Use the actual ip address instead of the home number used as an example.

Then in the server setup screen in Minecraft, instead of using the IP addrsss put the nameIWantToUse

TaDa! No more visible IP address and a useless name that nobody else can attempt to go to.

IMarv

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be that hard to create 2 versions of ultimate one for PLers one for everybody else. A Zan's minimap for LPers who can't figure out how to hide there IP and one with Rei's for the rest of us. I know it sounds needlessly complex but this way no one really needs to complain.
After all yes the LPers are very valuable players and has had a lot to do with the popularity of FTB but I think that the rest of us combines also had something to do with it.
FTB might not have become popular without then but it definitely will be unpopular with out the rest of us.

By the way Isn't the IP only shows in a SMP game and hidden after a few posts in chat?[DOUBLEPOST=1362338398][/DOUBLEPOST]
Covert Jaguar didn't like the way people were using other mod's fuels with his mod, so he nerfed it all to hell. Scrap is the most severe, but blaze rods only burn 21% of their original power, so they're basically useless. I guess emergent design is a bad thing for Railcraft.

Considering that a Blaze farm gives one an infinite supply of blaze rods easily I wouldn't complain about any nerf to them. And like the man said scrap is mostly rocks and junk no resin for them to burn. Stop complaining about mod guys removing anything that give you an instant win button. That's not how the game is supposed to be played.

Reactions: Dravarden