Ultimate Pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

marcusant

Jul 29, 2019
All Windows operating systems and most popular alternatives (OSX, the *Buntu line of Linux distributions) are malicious in that they steal your information and/or try to sell you things that could easily be found for free (legally and open-source).

Reactions: GreenWolf13

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Alrighty, enough with the OS bashing/defending, please. Let's get back to bashing/defending the Ultimate pack. Speaking of as much, what do you lot think about Damage Indicators being included? I use a few HUD altering mods, but I might try and make it work as it would be useful to get a target's health.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I take it you live in an magical candy kingdom where you can get a new broadband connection set up the same hour you call the provider, then. Good for you, but it took two weeks for the guy to show up at my place.

Nope... but I have a cell phone. It is amazing what you can do with those these days. Not even getting into smart phones if needed I could call someone like one of my friends or maybe this magic thing called tech support.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I just found out that liteloader is only needed to run the voxelshit. Disabling all of that and liteloader increases my FPS by about 200%
yay :D
(from 10fps average to 30fps... my maths isn't the best but I believe that is 200%)

Reactions: Dravarden and Saice

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I just found out that liteloader is only needed to run the voxelshit. Disabling all of that and liteloader increases my FPS by about 200%
yay :D
(from 10fps average to 30fps... my maths isn't the best but I believe that is 200%)

Really? if that is true I fucking love you man.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, this started as me just asking if anyone heard any news about the ultimate pack and now its a windows 8 debate thread. I don't understand the community

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, this started as me just asking if anyone heard any news about the ultimate pack and now its a windows 8 debate thread. I don't understand the community

Yes, you do not it seems. Welcome!

So does anyone else really like the idea of flatBedrock?

CalmityJack

Jul 29, 2019

I havn't dug down to see how flat it is but yes i love the idea. I wonder if its at lvl 1, i think that would be cool. Also the new hunter's gun is my favorite new thing, fun to snipe things from a distance.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, you do not it seems. Welcome!

I'm undecided on it. I never really got why it wasn't in the first place.
If you look hard enough though, you can find a spot to make a wither that it can't get out of and you can beast on it freely. I'll probably leave it in though, or rather move it over since I'm am disappointed in the ultimate since I'm going to have to manually install Rei's.

The only reason I wanted the ultimate was because all I would've had to do was disable half the mods, which is easy. Instead I'm going to have to do 2 or more downloads and move files around every update.

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
When I saw it I was damned near licking my screen.
LLMLoME.jpg
That was about hour two (maybe three, time flies) on the new server, have a few floors of the new undertower built in now. Thinking I'll turn the bedrock floor into a Mystcraft library-hub, since I'm the most ADVENTURE!-ous guy on the server.

Nope... but I have a cell phone. It is amazing what you can do with those these days. Not even getting into smart phones if needed I could call someone like one of my friends or maybe this magic thing called tech support.
Now, I KNOW my opinions on cell phones and the like will get a flame war started, I'm not even touching it. Grumble grumble grumble. I'll just leave it at you shouldn't have to call tech support out-of-the-box to keep stuff from being rammed up your ass and setting up a kiosk. If you like the new-age social networking to be half the screen as the default, power to you. It's not for me and the whole thing left me with a terrible first impression, I had to wrestle with the damnable thing for a couple days before I got it halfway to my liking, and I'm still getting little bits I have to smack down every once in a while, weeks later. It's been a frustrating bandwidth-devouring experience.

gusgillis1

Jul 29, 2019
I like how this thread went from talking about the ultimate pack to hating on Windows 8. :3

EDIT: Oh wait Im an idiot. Didn't see the ninth page... but still, this just proves Guswut and I both have the same minds...

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I hope there's a mod or config file to let me choose how much of each ore there is in my world. Like, I'd love to replace every xycraft ore with iron/copper/tin, and also increase the general frequency of ores so there's less stone and more ore.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Now, I KNOW my opinions on cell phones and the like will get a flame war started, I'm not even touching it. Grumble grumble grumble. I'll just leave it at you shouldn't have to call tech support out-of-the-box to keep stuff from being rammed up your ass and setting up a kiosk. If you like the new-age social networking to be half the screen as the default, power to you. It's not for me and the whole thing left me with a terrible first impression, I had to wrestle with the damnable thing for a couple days before I got it halfway to my liking, and I'm still getting little bits I have to smack down every once in a while, weeks later. It's been a frustrating bandwidth-devouring experience.

Woah... did you see up there where I said I do not like windows 8?

And really you know why I dislike it and don't use it? Well because I did a little research before entraining the idea of installing it or getting a pc with it on it. So rage on mighty Internet warrior but please realize not everyone that has an option that is remotely favorable to something does not mean they are on any given side of the fence.

Yeah I would love that the random bedrock floor has always driven me a bit crazy.