Ultimate 1.5.2 ... Greg vs mDiyo

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brilliance

Jul 29, 2019
So it's different? I know the fiery pickaxe still affects things like logs and sand.
Hm, that's a good point. In that case you could well be right that it's the same, I'll have to go check.

Alright, I've checked. A fiery pickaxe with fortune does not behave the same way, and only returns the appropriate 9 ingots when used on a storage block.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
There is a real discussion to be had about how things should be configured if both modpacks should be installed, so there is a reason for this thread to exist.
Yes I understand this but I have had enough of the childish antics of said author, its getting to some to love me or hate me but for the love of god dont ignore me stage, & with each new stunt he pulls it gets even more childish, & in so fuels the fires of debate for want of a better word, when & where will it stop, for me the best config option atm is not even bother, I'll not comment again, pz guys n gals.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
I don't give a hang about his balance, or his machines, or his pricing... I don't use his mod so they don't apply to me. I do have a problem with the behavior pattern of abusing the communication channel designed to inform players of updates to bitch, whine, moan, complain, and use improper examples as he attacks another mod author. That is inappropriate behavior, regardless of the circumstances.
I thought chat was for players to talk to each other and see occasional server-wide messages?

Reactions: SonOfABirch

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
So wait, if you mine a smeltable storage block with a tinkers construct fortune and auto-smelt enhanced pick axe, it will net you the bonus material?
That does seem a bit broken... but then again only in conjunction with GT.

That being said Greg's conduct here is rather puerile and contemptible. Like mostly everything he does...
Is he 14 or something?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I thought chat was for players to talk to each other and see occasional server-wide messages?
In SMP, that is the function of chat. However, server messages such as the one Greg is using is designed primarily for alerts to the players, such as updates. Not for being a soapbox, ranting, and demanding that people go harass another mod author to get it to stop spamming them every time they log on.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
demanding that people go harass another mod author to get it to stop spamming them every time they log on.

That right there is what boggles my mind. It is such a cheap shot to do that.

I wonder if it even detects Tcont or just spams anyone with GregTech installed.

Reactions: SilverStar

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunatly some people don't ever grow up even were I work people still act like they are still in high school so I'm not expecting much to change. Its sad selfish and stupid to act like that. I'm sure if he would have made a polite request I'm sure mdiyo would fix his mistake it seems like he's just wanting to start a fight. I disagree with childish tactics because it seems to cause more problems than they fix. Yes they work but not always in a way the person starting it intends.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunatly some people don't ever grow up even were I work people still act like they are still in high school so I'm not expecting much to change. Its sad selfish and stupid to act like that. I'm sure if he would have made a polite request I'm sure mdiyo would fix his mistake it seems like he's just wanting to start a fight. I disagree with childish tactics because it seems to cause more problems than they fix. Yes they work but not always in a way the person starting it intends.
It's not mDiyo's mistake, it's a deliberate feature.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose Greg's behaviour could be explained[1] as an overreaction to the minor issue of players realising that once they have 9 ingots of any metal, they can have unlimited free metal very easily, unless block-smelt-to-ingots recipes are disabled. Because that's a pretty extreme unintended consequence of inter-mod synergy :p

[1] but not excused

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure which side of this I come down on tbh, it's a pretty clear and obviously crippling dupe bug when Tinkers and GT are both installed. The ability to easily and infinitely dupe metals such as iridium? .. that can't go unaddressed.

Greg's message is a dick move, buuuut .. we don't know what's gone before. Greg references mDiyo "telling everyone that it's his fault", so is his message a defense/counter rather than an attack? .. there's enough anti-GT sentiment in forums such as this that a lot of people seem ready to instantly side with mDiyo because they dislike Gregtech, but is that a reasonable response given the situation?

Tinkers is new to the pack and frankly, I love it. Love the concept, love the design, buuuut .. devils advocate time. It's being incorporated into a pack where 2/3 of the major sub-packs use GT into which it introduces a massive exploit. Regardless of whose coding style you prefer, it's a dupe bug/feature that can dupe any block that has a furnace recipe and (even if you dismiss the vast majority of affected blocks as unimportant) it's still a dupe bug/feature that is introduced by mDiyo.

In the end, it doesn't really matter whose "fault" it is. I've no doubt that the ability to dupe metals will get patched shortly, but if mDiyo's attitude is "it only affects gregtech so it's his problem" then it hardly speaks well of him.

We already have one GregoriusT; can the pack support another prima donna mod author?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure which side of this I come down on tbh, it's a pretty clear and obviously crippling dupe bug when Tinkers and GT are both installed. The ability to easily and infinitely dupe metals such as iridium? .. that can't go unaddressed.

Greg's message is a dick move, buuuut .. we don't know what's gone before. Greg references mDiyo "telling everyone that it's his fault", so is his message a defense/counter rather than an attack? .. there's enough anti-GT sentiment in forums such as this that a lot of people seem ready to instantly side with mDiyo because they dislike Gregtech, but is that a reasonable response given the situation?

Tinkers is new to the pack and frankly, I love it. Love the concept, love the design, buuuut .. devils advocate time. It's being incorporated into a pack where 2/3 of the major sub-packs use GT into which it introduces a massive exploit. Regardless of whose coding style you prefer, it's a dupe bug/feature that can dupe any block that has a furnace recipe and (even if you dismiss the vast majority of affected blocks as unimportant) it's still a dupe bug/feature that is introduced by mDiyo.

In the end, it doesn't really matter whose "fault" it is. I've no doubt that the ability to dupe metals will get patched shortly, but if mDiyo's attitude is "it only affects gregtech so it's his problem" then it hardly speaks well of him.

We already have one GregoriusT; can the pack support another prima donna mod author?

That being said, mDiyo probably balanced his mod around Vanilla initially, where metal blocks are compressed by hand and decrafted by hand. Becasue Greg decided to mess with vanilla methods mDiyo has to do extra work making fortune not recognize metal blocks. Now mDiyo is expected to dance to Gregs tune.
Hopefully for the sake of progress and to reduce drama mDiyo remedies this problem (becasue it does sound broken). But that would mean giving in to Greg's ways allowing him to have too much influence over others mods...

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I think that 'crippling' is exactly the opposite adjective for the ability to dupe iridium, and chrome, and titanium and tungsten. It's a supermanning dupe bug :p

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
mDiyo has explicitly said that TConstruct and Natura are being developed around the idea of Adventure maps in an otherwise vanilla environment. He even links to a map thread in the OP of the TConstruct thread. In that context, and every other context outside of GT, it is a balanced mechanic that has a great reward for a pretty high cost(450 lapis, 4 blaze rods, 4 fire charges, and a lava bucket).

GT is the edge case in this instance. He needs to get over it and not expect mDiyo to rewrite portions of his code to close a loophole with a single mod. Greg can "fix" it like he's done before with other mods.

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
So wait, if you mine a smeltable storage block with a tinkers construct fortune and auto-smelt enhanced pick axe, it will net you the bonus material?
That does seem a bit broken... but then again only in conjunction with GT.

That being said Greg's conduct here is rather puerile and contemptible. Like mostly everything he does...
Is he 14 or something?

most 14 years olds would be more mature than greg

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
To clearly show what is happening if anyone is unsure:

I initially found this out by trying to move an anvil with my TC pick and getting 40+ iron ingots instead of an anvil

Reactions: Bomb Bloke

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Wow really, stop the arguements you can fix this yourself by altering the GT config...

Edit config\DynamicConfig.cfg (needs to happen on servers as well as clients, doing on client only will not stop this on SMP)

Change the following to false:

smelting {
B:blockAluminium=true
B:blockAlumite=true
B:blockArdite=true
B:blockBrass=true
B:blockBronze=true
B:blockChrome=true
B:blockCobalt=true
B:blockCopper=true
B:blockElectrum=true
B:blockGold=true