Trials of Murder [GAME THREAD]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So... does anyone actually have anything against me or what?
Hm. Not really dude.

Here's my best stab at it. It was a tiny bit sketchy when you voted two guys guilty (SO and RealKC). That said, you were the primary driver for lynching SO37 (wolf) so I'd have to assume you were deliberately tossing him under the bus. Not only did you lead that lynch, you provided good arguments for people to follow suit and wreck him. You also had plenty of time to save him if you wanted to.

Going through some of your other activity, I don't see any instances where your votes made a major difference in favour of a wolf strategy.

I'm not actually really sure why people thought my plan to put you on trial was a good one, I suggested it as a joke ;p

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
I'll early vote both goreae and RJS innocent because I do believe they're villagers trying to help the town and I might not be able to vote today later on due... uh. lets say ethanol shenanigans.
Its friday and I got a party to go ;3

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm going to give Goreae a full pass: innocent. Vike/Shaz got absolutely screwed on this one, a more active township should have left goreae alone until later in the game.

Still at work for 4 hours, no full profile on RJS yet, and not sure what to say about him. I mentioned I had a convo with him. I attempted a class-14c You're-A-Wolf-Lets-Be-Frenz on him that he lold away before elaborating on the virtues of Portal 2 songs. He claims vanilla villager. He thinks I suck at wolf reads.

Does anyone have a good feel for his activity thus far and whether he has promoted a pro-town or pro-wolf agenda?

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not actually really sure why people thought my plan to put you on trial was a good one, I suggested it as a joke ;p

Hypothesis - wolves saw an opportunity to stall for time votewise. Hopped on leading to another day without a wolf on the stand. So, we have erin, eru, and Sora who all hopped onto that wagon.

Eru's talked a lot and concluded very little, is a bit trigger happy on the jailing and very pointedly abstained from voting on SE37, opting to vote KC to 'maintain a tie.'
erin/Sora: Both very quiet, but regularly posting - suggests following the game at least. Unsure as to whether through lack of time or lack of desire to be noticed.

There's sufficient basis to argue a trial on any of the three of them, and my gut tells me that at least one is possibly a wolf from the goreae vote spam.

That also leaves:
Me: Super-innocent, but with a less than stellar track record.
goreae: Pretty much townie no. 1 to my mind.
Lenscas: The other half of the dynamic duo, nothing really concerns me here.

And the inactives
016Nojr
sgbros
The_J

If I was going to call any of the inactives as a wolf, I would lean to the J at this point. He seems to post little meaningless bits every now and then, which suggests he's monitoring the game, but not really contributing anything.

Regardless of who we vote up, I think we need to seriously get smarter as to how we vote people up. Why not drag some of the judgement a bit earlier?

@Eruantien
@SoraZodia
@erindalc
Why did you vote for goreae to go on trial? What is your view on the reasoning I have provided above. Anything to say in your defence?

@016Nojr Long time no see buddy. Spwn's mentioned you've been on the forums, care to give us a reason to believe you aren't a silent wolf?
@the_j485 If you could find the time to read through and draw some conclusions rather than null posts, would be a much more useful approach to you monitoring the game. Even if it's just a vote with a brief explanation behind it.

Reactions: Pyure

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Also @sgbros1 since we have the 5-ping limit. Care to have a read through and give your opinion on everything thus far?

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
-snip-
@016Nojr Long time no see buddy. Spwn's mentioned you've been on the forums, care to give us a reason to believe you aren't a silent wolf?
-snip-

I have been on the forums, every day watching the game. I cant give you a good reason for me not being a silent wolf. As explained earlier, me trying to take part in a discussion usually ends up with me getting lynched :)

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Nojr: I recall saying on previous games you shouldn't fear being lynched... unless you're a power role or a wolf.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I have been on the forums, every day watching the game. I cant give you a good reason for me not being a silent wolf. As explained earlier, me trying to take part in a discussion usually ends up with me getting lynched :)
I'm talking about complete inactivity, erindalc at least posted recently.

@016Nojr say something, kthx?
The game is running and you do need to contribute, please.

I want to give J the benefit of the doubt, vote J as innocent
And vote dragon_fang guilty - I rather have a potential wolf taken out now than later. He was also on yesterday and yet didn't post, so he's either trying to lay low, or had forgotten about us... Which I doubt since he would have gotten notified when Cheese added him into the defendant's convo.
Vote goreae for trial, mainly because I find it a bit weird that the wolfs didn't try anything on him yet.

Being part of the less vocal members, I like to state my option that I rather not be thrown into that pit. That aside... @VictiniX888, @016Nojr, please say something

Even if someone else had said it before you, I would love to know your reason for your votes.
Interesting how you ignore previous pings, yet only speak up when it seems that your silence might lead to you being put on trial. Your counterstatement?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Based on the rather powerful evidence at hand I'm going to vote RJS innocent.

In the interests of moving this game along and shredding another wolf or two I kind of suggest we review his last post and pick a good pony for the trial. Someone who isn't goreae. Ignore my vote. No I don't really think he's a great target for the trial unless you're a very silly person like me.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Based on the rather powerful evidence at hand I'm going to vote RJS innocent.

In the interests of moving this game along and shredding another wolf or two I kind of suggest we review his last post and pick a good pony for the trial. Someone who isn't goreae. Ignore my vote. No I don't really think he's a great target for the trial unless you're a very silly person like me.
That's not the point of it. My point was to have a sort of pre-trial, so we can allow people to explain themselves before we even vote them up, saving us a day like today which, apart from showing up yesterdays potential dogpile on goreae, was completely useless to the town.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
That's not the point of it. My point was to have a sort of pre-trial, so we can allow people to explain themselves before we even vote them up, saving us a day like today which, apart from showing up yesterdays potential dogpile on goreae, was completely useless to the town.
Isn't that what I said? "I kind of suggest we review his last post and pick a good pony for the trial."

The process of picking a good pony can be anything you like.

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
Why did you vote for goreae to go on trial? What is your view on the reasoning I have provided above. Anything to say in your defence?
I was going off of what Pyure had said from D2:
Remember at the end of the game that I suggested investigating the so-called helpful villagers. I see some players doing some hardcore imitation of my successful wolf game.
And my own suspicious on D3:
Kinda surprised that Fraction got attacked instead of goreae, goreae looked to be a better target judging from his activity yesterday.

I do keep up with the thread but don't really have much time to analysis and post very often (Does not help that I had a test and two mid-terms exam this week)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I was going off of what Pyure had said from D2:

And my own suspicious on D3:

I do keep up with the thread but don't really have much time to analysis and post very often (Does not help that I had a test and two mid-terms exam this week)
Just so I'm clear: Are you saying you find goreae suspicious?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Just so I'm clear: Are you saying you find goreae suspicious?
I fear he is using the same logic as I came up with. Considering I need to go to sleep and the fact that I probably won't be online tomorrow before the day ends (well, technically that will happen today)
vote eruantien for trial
everyone currently on trial innocent

do keep in mind though that it is currently 03:01 (in the night) and thus as a result my brain may very well malfunction.