Trials of Murder [GAME THREAD]

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Can I vote myself innocent?

And leth too?
Well if RealKC can put himself on trial thenI don't see why you can't vote yourself innocent.

Though one thing that I thought about earlier is, the attorneys shouldn't get to vote on the outcome of a trial. I mean they're going to vote both to be whatever suits their win condition anyways so they might as well not vote at all.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
@Shazam08, @VikeStep: you're the prosecution, so I know your position against the accused. But does anything Lethosos said today stand out to you? Personally, I think the "please rebalance the game" line of commenting reads wolf to me, but I'm not confident in the validity of my statements. Also, is there anyone you can suggest for trial tomorrow?
Hey Fraction2, great post by the way. You really tied it all together.

I still firmly believe that Lethosos is the wolfiest player in the game at the moment and if we are going to let the wolfiest person in the game off as innocent then we will never vote anyone ever. I believe we have to agree to lynch someone every night otherwise we will get in a habit of letting them go each night as there is "a little doubt" about it. We are never going to be 100% sure that Leth is a wolf, or anyone for that matter. You just have to go with who has the most reasons against them.

Having said that, I think Leth hasn't done anything major since he has been put on trial and the only solid reasoning saying we shouldn't vote him is "Pyure's word" which is word a grain of salt in this trial. Leth's reasoning he provided for his innocence is that he was only put on trial because the prosecutors got him there and they aren't with town. But really, we think Leth is guilty and we weren't the only ones to put him on trial. I still don't know why he would trust the defense attorneys who impede progress over the prosecution who drive progress.

Also before you say "Oh, but you aren't with the village either", remember that neither is the defense. Why did Leth stick so strongly with the defense here? Shouldn't he have just remained neutral? What was so convincing about the defense's vote to him? The key is that he might know that fowltief is town and as a result did not have a problem with voting him.

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
Well if RealKC can put himself on trial thenI don't see why you can't vote yourself innocent.

Though one thing that I thought about earlier is, the attorneys shouldn't get to vote on the outcome of a trial. I mean they're going to vote both to be whatever suits their win condition anyways so they might as well not vote at all.
That does add to the sense of a trial. I mean, the attorneys typically aren't on the jury.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Can one of the town tell me who they think should be put on trial today? I don't want it to seem like we are just putting words in everyone's mouths here.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I still firmly believe that Lethosos is the wolfiest player in the game at the moment and if we are going to let the wolfiest person in the game off as innocent then we will never vote anyone ever. .
This is a terrible read.

Can one of the town tell me who they think should be put on trial today? I don't want it to seem like we are just putting words in everyone's mouths here.
Would goreae be a terrible option? I'm curious about the players who are demonstrating uber-town skillz. My money: someone who is doing lots of "analysis" is simply in the progress of upping their wolf game.

Reactions: Fraction2

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
This is a terrible read.

Would goreae be a terrible option? I'm curious about the players who are demonstrating uber-town skillz. My money: someone who is doing lots of "analysis" is simply in the progress of upping their wolf game.
You are suspicious of those with uber town skills? How am I not surprised... also I didn't ask you ;)

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
RealKC - trial candidate: He's pretty odd today, it gives me a bad vibe. The early locked vote, the asking if he can send himself to trial, etc.
RJS - trial candidate: Still on yesterday's actions, I'm uncomfortable with them.

lenscas - unknown: pretty quiet, but actually gave a bit of input to the game.
SoraZodia - unknown: Singular post contained a smidge of thought, but no real analysis towards the game.
Eruantien - unknown: not quite as quiet as the crowd, but not as unhelpful as the masses either. He gets a cookie.
the_j485 - unknown: very quiet, busy IRL, his post contained little/no useful information.
goreae - town: Pretty active, lynching this guy probably isn't in our best interest at the moment. Pyure's idea of sending him to trial is, honestly, terrible. Who invited that guy?

And that's everybody who has posted. 8 Players, the two defendants, and the legal teams. 14 (include me!) total, out of 19 living players. We're 18 hours into the day now (probably). You five should stop having lives and check werewolf, it is what is important in life.

fowltief - town?: Got jumped on, had some doubts about his glorious self-sacrifice, went "meh, I can defend myself when on trial, okay." Really the only other active player yesterday, quiet today.
erindalc, dragon_fang101, Someone Else 37, 016Nojr - quiet: Speak up! the only way the town will get any information is if you talk. We probably won't lynch you if you speak your mind, and give your opinion. Really, the only reason to keep your mouth shut is if you're a wolf or you hate seeing the village win. At the least, pop in and say "I agree with so-and-so on such-and-such" or "lynch pyure he wolves." Not every opinion has to be original thoughts, but posting what your thoughts are is important to progressing the village. Staying quiet is a huge wolf tell.

edit: the_j485's post was today. oops

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The prosecution are willing to withdraw from our guilty verdict on sgbros as this reasoning is irrefutable proof that sg is town. However we are locked into our verdicts so we request everyone else who hasn't to vote innocent on sgbros.

Remember, the prosecution wants to find wolves, not innocents. Thank you.
This is a pile of horseshit. For reasons described in detail previously, the prosecution has an awful lot of reason to just kill everyone period and end the game. If I were the prosecution, I would not, in any way or form, dilly dally with who is innocent and who is guilty. Every player would be my enemy.

Vikestep is a good player. Vikestep is aware of this.

You are suspicious of those with uber town skills? How am I not surprised... also I didn't ask you ;)
The defense is neither interested in nor requiring of your permission :)

goreae - town: Pretty active, lynching this guy probably isn't in our best interest at the moment. Pyure's idea of sending him to trial is, honestly, terrible. Who invited that guy?
Remember at the end of the game that I suggested investigating the so-called helpful villagers. I see some players doing some hardcore imitation of my successful wolf game.

Staying quiet is a huge wolf tell.
100% agree. I'm going to have a harder time defending these players.

Guys, I want to iterate in the strongest possible terms that you do not want to kill Lethosos. I am telling you that he is innocent. I am aware that you think I have some ulterior motivation for letting wolves run around free, and I have described in detail why this questionable strategy does not appeal to me. If Lethosos were wolfy, I would sell his ass out, garner your love, respect and praise (except Nojr's) and lead you to the promised land the next day. This is not the case.

If this isn't comprehensible, just remember: I absolutely love rubbing it in when I get to say "Pyure told you so."

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm not 100% sure I already posted this.

I vote Lethosos innocent of all charges after having interviewed him and reviewed all evidence. He is a true villager, and hanging him would be a monstrous disservice to the town.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, even the dead is saying that I'm innocent. Take that as you will.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
I'll vote lethosos as innocent

Pyure's interview (which was merely watched by me, yes sorry for not contributing there, but I was busier with sgbros) convinced me fully that lethosos is innocent.
Shall he still be considered guilty by the end of the day, i'll tell you something more.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Well hmm. There's a lot of info being thrown around by the attourneys, and I'm not sure what to make of it all or what to filter out. This game still has me baffled.

I'll agree that sgbros is acting like vanillager-sgbros. Let sgbros be considered innocent this day.

Lethosos... I dunno. Strictly looking from the non-attourney standpoint, if we let everyone loose, eventually the wolves will consume us all. So that's ultimately counterproductive. I shall vote to have Lethosos be jailed. I have absolutely no clue what he's up to, and this Medium or In-Contact-With-Medium claim he posted while I was typing certainly doesn't clear anything up.

As for who to try tomorrow... I vote RealKC. He's been acting weird. I don't like it. And it's not like trying him means we actually have to lynch him.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
@SpwnX: what can you say about Lethosos's innocence? Is there a solid reason to not put him to death?
Lets say the solid reason would only delay the inevitable.
So, no. I can only tell you that lynching lethosos is a really bad move for the town. I mean it.

@Pyure: I also like the "I told you so" thing. It seems this will be a good case of that.

Last edited:

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
This is a terrible read.

Sure put me on trial. I got nothing to hide. If you need to put me on trial to give me your trust then so be it.