Trials of Murder [GAME THREAD]

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
Vote both innocent and our Realkc on trial I think he is acting much stranger then usual.

I can't justify leth being guilty.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lethosos

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
if we let everyone loose, eventually the wolves will consume us all.
I want people to be careful with this line of reasoning. This is called a logical fallacy. Your lottery numbers are not more likely to come up just because they haven't in ten years.

In the case of the accused, the thought process here is that we won't jail wolves if we keep releasing people. But statistically, all things being equal (and I hope I've demonstrated that lethosos is at LEAST as innocent as sgbros) you are more likely to keep jailing villagers, not wolves.

If you're going to lynch someone, have a better reason for it than this or it just appears like you're wolf-hedging: giving up an sgbros-kill so you can safely get a lethosos-kill.

Reactions: SpwnX and goreae

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Since day is ending and leth is likely going to jail i'd like to share this piece of info from the defending private convo:
lethosos said:
I did consider offering my services to Prosecution as a Medium, but given Vike's attitude, I would like to extend my offer to the Defense instead, if I survive this round
pyure said:
That all said, what might help from frederiko would simply be a third opinion on a potential wolf to put on trial.
@Fraction2 That is why the solid reason not to jail him is something that would delay the inevitable, his death.

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
Vote Lethosos innocent

This has been sitting in typing area for like two hours now. I was just waiting for a good enough reason.

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
Vote Someone Else for trial. I think RealKC has all the trial votes up there, let's see someone else also. I think that's how it works.

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
Vote Lethosos and sgbro as innocent. Turns out I'm blind and didn't noticed that Leth had explained why he went after Fowl, and there's isn't any good reason to believe that sgbro is guilty.

Vote goreae for trial. Just so we can be sure that he's an actual villager and not a very sneaky wolf.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Vote Lethosos and sgbros as innocent.

Neither of them seem really that wolfy right now so let them free. We can always try again later with both of them. Leth seems to be able being able to prove himself rather easy later on.

Vote Someone Else for trial.
I believe he is rather quiet and still votes to kill leth after he gave a major hint regarding his role:
Hey, even the dead is saying that I'm innocent. Take that as you will.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
I believe he is rather quiet and still votes to kill leth after he gave a major hint regarding his role:
According to his post, his reason was that the hint was not enough to convince him.
I have absolutely no clue what he's up to, and this Medium or In-Contact-With-Medium claim he posted while I was typing certainly doesn't clear anything up.
Seems like a reasonable reason to continue wanting to jail someone.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
We are letting the town decide who they want to lynch. If you decide to cancel it tonight then I guess it's your loss. But you should choose it wisely.

Also pretty much gg prosecution at this point. Only way we can win is if we get double guilty verdict at some point.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
According to his post, his reason was that the hint was not enough to convince him.
Well, I must have read over that then. Sorry @Someone Else 37 I must have read over it. I blame the fact that its early for me

Seems like a reasonable reason to continue wanting to jail someone.
Well, I say it again. If leth is the real medium the wolves want him dead and he should be able to prove himself. If however he is not the medium he won't be able to prove him and we can lynch him when he fails to do so.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Also apparently day end is 5pm my time, not 4

But school ends at 6 on Thursdays and Fridays... ;-;

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
The town had been in the courtroom for a whole day now, but in the end they could only conclude that they were both innocent. Not to be so easily defeated, Vikestep and Shazam08 dragged RealKC and Someone Else 37 up to be put on trial. Another person was missing from the jury today. It was Fraction2, he had been sliced in half! How ironic.

RealKC and Someone Else 37 were put on trial!
Lethosos and sgbros1 were found innocent!
Fraction2 was killed! He was a basic villager!

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
We are letting the town decide who they want to lynch. If you decide to cancel it tonight then I guess it's your loss. But you should choose it wisely.

Also pretty much gg prosecution at this point. Only way we can win is if we get double guilty verdict at some point.
If we find everyone innocent from now (which is ofc impossible), the game would drag for 14 days, so you still have plenty of time to do something about it.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
By the by, there is a bodyguard among us and thus I really do recommend protecting lethosos from now on.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, so great to see deep and meaningful debate here...

OK, @RealKC , care to explain your reasoning for guilty-voting both sgbros and Lethosos before either of them had a chance to speak in their own defense? I outlined why that made me think you were a wolf yesterday - in brief, because you seemed very certain that they were not on your team and that the only team who knows with such certainty are the wolves. If you have a good and compelling counter-argument to my accusation, I'd like to hear it. Also, I'm curious as to why you voted for yourself to go on trial, given that two people get voted up each day and you could have placed your vote onto somebody you thought was a wolf.

@Someone Else 37 you've been fairly quiet this game. You also stand accused of gunning for the person with a medium claim. What say you in response?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
@RJS the reason I voted leth guilty was because after all the arguments that were made making it pretty clear that we shouldn't vite for people the defendants vote he still voted fowl + the fact that he was ok with sacrificing a posible villager.
Now that I think about it, the reason I had to vote sg guilty was because he was pretty inactive, but it looks like that's his playstyle.

The reason I voted myself is because I wanted to generate discussion. I believe I've already mentioned that and vike told me to never to do that again.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
The reason I voted myself is because I wanted to generate discussion
Why did you think that would generate a discussion? Maybe if there was a jester like role in the game but I am pretty certain there isn't one in this one.

@RJS the reason I voted leth guilty was because after all the arguments that were made making it pretty clear that we shouldn't vite for people the defendants vote he still voted fowl + the fact that he was ok with sacrificing a posible villager.
Now that I think about it, the reason I had to vote sg guilty was because he was pretty inactive, but it looks like that's his playstyle.
When your votes are insta-locked you need to be careful with when and who you vote for. As for sacrificing a possible villager: you where doing more so as your vote could have caused them to die whereas with Leth's vote on fowl he would still have only been on trial (I hope this sentence made some sense).

Now, maybe later in the game this extra day won't matter too much however we still have little to go on and it is thus a good idea to have those on trial at least a try at defending themselves. At least, that is my view on it.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Well now we haven't lynched anyone and we're down a village member. Without finding at least one person guilty today, we'll still have gotten nowhere and the wolves will presumably get off another kill. However at this point I have a fairly balanced stance regarding both of the currently accused. Time will tell if that opinion is altered by new information. I'll be back to talk more and possibly cast my vote later today.

Sent from my NS-P16AT08 using Tapatalk