Tools for Pack Creators

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I really shouldn't be surprised that it's a sethbling creation :p

That man is a true vanilla engineer.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
i'm thinking of making a HQM pack i have a concept only not the tools/mod to get this working (or at least i dont know of this tool/mod)

HQM has a quest tracker block that outputs a redstone signal when a quest is completed or progress of a quest

with this signal i want to clone blocks from 1 place in the world to where we are playing

for instance have a 1 story building and when completing a quest 1 want to add a nother floor
or when handing in stone every 12.5% of completing adding a floor to the building

i know commandblocks are a very powerfull tool in minecraft only the /clone command and test for blocks (if blocks are the same) is a 1.8 feature

i'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask if not hope you can help me

yours ATOG
You could do this using AtomicStryker's Ruins mod quite easily. Any ruin template you have sitting in the templateparser ruins folder is accessible by the /testruin command, which can be run by command blocks. As such, you can use the template parser tool (/parseruin, see video below) to create the bits of your structures you want quests to unlock, then use the quest tracker block to activate a command block which spawns the relevant bit of the structure. It might be a bit less stressful or finnicky to do it this way than with the /setblock command, which you would have to set up for each individual block IIRC.

Reactions: pc_assassin

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a mod that removes, or has the option to remove, the player coordinates, current biome, and other in-game info from the F3 overlay?

kaimokene

Jul 29, 2019
What about Block properties it allows to make cool stuff happen when you break a block Its made by the same person who made mob properties

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me how the dimension control mods differ from each other? I know of two -- Dimension Control (http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...craft-mods/2529963-blood-n-bones-gamings-mods) and Multiworld (http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/multiworld).

What I had in mind: Since ChromaticCraft only generates properly in dimension 0 with normal vanilla worldgen, and we have an older world to port forward, I was looking/wanting to have:

- One (dimension 0) world with 1.7.10 vanilla worldgen for ChromaticCraft
- one dimension with 1.6.4 vanilla worldgen to import our old overworld
- One dimension with ATG worldgen
- and one dimension with ClimateControl worldgen

(And, different mods will generate different structures in different worlds -- abusing Custom Ore Gen to remove unwanted structures from the wrong dimensions when needed).

(Why 4? BetterGeo, Underground Biomes Construct, Geologica, and GeoStrata -- 4 ways to decorate the underground).

Reactions: Lethosos
W

WindGaming

How would i go about making a static background that isnt the panorama box? i want to make it a stationary flat image while still having the logo

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
During the development of Survival Industry, we had a new tweaking tool created. The JavaScript Mod Loader, or JMOD for short, is a tweaking tool that allows extensive tweaking of a game, including creation, modification, and removal of blocks, items and fluids, including recipes, ore dictionary entries, materials (for tools and armor), properties, (ore) placement, and even chest loot.

In addition to the list of features for this mod (which is considerable), there's also the mod's nature: It uses the JavaScript engine built right into Java 8 (called Nashorn) to allow your scripts to be as simple (a list of tweaks) or as complex (including loops, conditionals, objects, functions, etc.) as you want. And since the interpreter's built right into Java itself, this mod will not take the same performance hit that tweak mods using their own custom scripting languages suffer.

Also, JMOD is the only tweaking mod I know of that will actually allow the tweaker to add recipes to RotaryCraft machines.

The best part is that the tweaks are then zipped up with a "mod.json" file and appropriate resources (textures, language, etc.), and the zipfile is renamed with a "jmod" extension. In essence, the tweaks become a self-contained mod that you just place in the "mods" folder. As long as JMOD is installed, all the .jmod files will be loaded, all created items will be assigned to the name of your custom jmod (just like an actual mod), and the Forge mods list will actually show your tweaks as a mod. So, instead of, for example, "jmod:custom_block", your custom item will be named "mypack:custom_block".

This means that any modpack author can make custom items that actually belong to the modpack itself, rather than a specific "custom items" mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: Watchful11

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Any tools updated to 1.10 for adding/changing blocks/items? Used customitems for 1.7.10 (excellent mod), but it looks like none of the mods out there have updated (yet) to 1.10. This really hampers custom mod packs.