TickThreading - concurrent entity/tile entity ticks and other optimisations

Schpoon

Jul 29, 2019
I have installed this mod, but it seems that dynmap is now not working. It resets the tiles and when trying to do a render, completes too fast and doesnt render anything.

Any ideas?

Celuldor

Jul 29, 2019
God Morning.
I have a quite odd problem with this awesome mod, i been running a mining well platform for quite some time. But some days ago we added TickThreading and it worked wonders for the server, but i did break my Mining Well Platform.
What happens is that every other time the platform moves with the Caterpillar drive there is a risk for a frame to just disappear and taking a cable or wireless receiver with it.

When i go back to the non-patched server it work just fine, there is no error log beside something related to the chunk loader but even without the chunk loader the problem occurs.
Do anybody have any idea to fix this?

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
I have installed this mod, but it seems that dynmap is now not working. It resets the tiles and when trying to do a render, completes too fast and doesnt render anything.

Any ideas?

Try turning on generateChunkOnProvideRequest in TT's options.

Puremin0rez

Jul 29, 2019
I run a FTB ultimate server and there are always 50+ people do you think its safe to use tickthreading? Also I use mcpc+

Sounds like a perfect candidate :) I get anywhere up to 40 online at a time and I'm running MCPC+ with TT #1291 with little to no issues - nallar has been working hard recently on making MCPC+ compatibility perfecto.

leftler

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the /ticks feature but I am conserned about a version compatible with MCPC+ not being considered "Stable". Is there any way to just get the /ticks feature or is there a mod that does better tick reporting like this one does without adding in the multi-threaded-ness (I will love to use it on the server I Admin on but I really want to wait for a "Stable" release)

Smackzter

Jul 29, 2019
I just installed the latest build on my Mindcrack MCPC+ server play.noxftb.com and we got some really weird issues. All our XyCraft tanks reset immediately and the time keeps switching. The Day/Night cycles appear to be like 3 seconds?

Smackzter

Jul 29, 2019
My Sysadmin contacted Nallar on IRC and Nallar is already working on it. I am definitely sending a donation ;)

SeanWcom

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to ask for a way of turning off the Anti cheat things from the config.

I run a closed server so myself and some friends and have no need for the anti cheat things that you have, if anything they are causing us more headachs than they are fixing, for example we have a problem where you can place blocks and after a few moments the blocks will vanish, also when you are placing blocks crouching and move on to the block you are droped repetivetly untill you die or get off the block.

I just tried out the latest release and saw some similar issues while testing with a friend. I wasn't sure if it was some form of anti-cheat, or just a bug. Basically, we were using our jetpacks to fly around and get chunks to load for testing. After awhile we landed and my friend was unable to break blocks. After logging out and in things worked. But then he was unable to move around and started rubber banding. I wasn't having any issues, so we're not exactly sure what the problem was. Later tonight I plan on trying an older version to see how it works, but was hoping someone might have some ideas in the meantime...

Thanks!

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried out the latest release and saw some similar issues while testing with a friend. I wasn't sure if it was some form of anti-cheat, or just a bug. Basically, we were using our jetpacks to fly around and get chunks to load for testing. After awhile we landed and my friend was unable to break blocks. After logging out and in things worked. But then he was unable to move around and started rubber banding. I wasn't having any issues, so we're not exactly sure what the problem was. Later tonight I plan on trying an older version to see how it works, but was hoping someone might have some ideas in the meantime...

Thanks!

I think that was a bug, not anti-cheat. TT currently doesn't have any of its own anticheat code. What build was this?

SeanWcom

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at your change logs, it appears that my problem is the same as reported in #303 - so I'll try out newer builds today. :)

mikarez

Jul 29, 2019
Recently installed (1393) this on my FTB Ultimate server and seen good performance improvements, unfortunately I seem to have an issue.

On server restart any wooden pipes on chunk boundaries don't seem to reconnect to blocks in the next chunk and look like they have nothing to connect to. I've done some testing and this doesn't occur with TT turned or with all components in the same chunk.
Haven't tested all the mod machines, but I've seen it with IC2, Forestry, GT and vanilla chests too, any advice on a way to fix this?