TickThreading - concurrent entity/tile entity ticks and other optimisations

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
1.5 will come later, probably shortly after I finish my exams in just under two weeks. There will be no singleplayer support any time soon.

MaouKami

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

Is it also possible to use TickThreading on the ftb client ?
Not sure if that would help even if i did, but i am wondering i tried it mc crashed :p. and the patchme was generated but would not work :(.

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
After the patcher is done I relaunch the server and encounter this problem:

http://pastebin.com/cRLQBD4i

Does anyone know what is the cause of it?

Are you using the latest forgebackup? It had a bug which caused that when used with TickThreading, but I reported it to the mod author quite a long time ago so it should hopefully be fixed by now.[DOUBLEPOST=1369250847][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey,

Is it also possible to use TickThreading on the ftb client ?
Not sure if that would help even if i did, but i am wondering i tried it mc crashed :p. and the patchme was generated but would not work :(.

See my reply here http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...-other-optimisations.6498/page-26#post-266960 :p

For clients, normally rendering is slowest, and multithreaded rendering is pretty much impossible, so there isn't really any point in getting TT working with clients.

MinerDude333

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using the latest forgebackup? It had a bug which caused that when used with TickThreading, but I reported it to the mod author quite a long time ago so it should hopefully be fixed by now.[DOUBLEPOST=1369250847][/DOUBLEPOST]

See my reply here http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...-other-optimisations.6498/page-26#post-266960 :p

For clients, normally rendering is slowest, and multithreaded rendering is pretty much impossible, so there isn't really any point in getting TT working with clients.

"normally" Hmm... I doubt that holds true with my computer. It has an FX-6100 coupled with a GTX670 4GB. I can run the GLSL shaders mod with no framerate drops because it is still CPU bound.

jp694

Jul 29, 2019
hi i have been running a Mindcrack server and lately been having some lag issues i was wondering if this would help. Also been getting crash's and it says ran out of memory i find that to be weird.
my current server specs
i7-3770k
64gb ssd server only
1tb wd backups / msql database
it runs mcpc+L15
my start script java -Xms6G -Xmx16G -jar ftbserver.jar
im not sure if there's some special server parameters that would help either
avg 10-20 people on
would this be good to install also any other suggestions would be nice.

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
"normally" Hmm... I doubt that holds true with my computer. It has an FX-6100 coupled with a GTX670 4GB. I can run the GLSL shaders mod with no framerate drops because it is still CPU bound.

It's still probably rendering that's slowest, even if it's CPU bound. It doesn't just take GPU time to do rendering, and especially with java + lwjgl it is quite slow making calls from java code -> OpenGL.

ultradolp

Jul 29, 2019

Thank you very much. I will try it out tonight when my desktop come back functional. Technically I can just remove forgebackup as I will be opening up the world on a separate test server to see the problem of latency

MinerDude333

Jul 29, 2019
It's still probably rendering that's slowest, even if it's CPU bound. It doesn't just take GPU time to do rendering, and especially with java + lwjgl it is quite slow making calls from java code -> OpenGL.

You're right. Rendering is probably the slowest, but just gets done faster on my machine.

doctruscott

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, first thank you for creating this mod its a god send for any modded server admin. One issue i have been getting is with TT and dynmap it wont let dynmap render anything that a player is not near. i have run a full render 3 times now and even though i have alot more of the map explored it wont render it. i was wondering if anyone knows a fix for it?

Specs: FTB ult. 1.0.1 pack with dynmap 1.7.1-forge-6.5.0 and TickThreading-1.4.7-1.0.0.1715

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, first thank you for creating this mod its a god send for any modded server admin. One issue i have been getting is with TT and dynmap it wont let dynmap render anything that a player is not near. i have run a full render 3 times now and even though i have alot more of the map explored it wont render it. i was wondering if anyone knows a fix for it?

Specs: FTB ult. 1.0.1 pack with dynmap 1.7.1-forge-6.5.0 and TickThreading-1.4.7-1.0.0.1715

This has been an issue for a while, just haven't got around to fixing it yet. Sorry :([DOUBLEPOST=1369994495][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, if you updated yesterday, please update again as soon as possible.

There's a dupe bug. I shan't give details, but they're easy enough to find if you know where to look.

jp694

Jul 29, 2019
when ever i try profile type c it does not work and i get this error
Exception in thread "TickProfiler"
2013-06-02 22:14:25 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
2013-06-02 22:14:25 [SEVERE]at me.nallar.tickthreading.minecraft.commands.ProfileCommand$1.run(ProfileCommand.java:93)
2013-06-02 22:14:25 [SEVERE]at me.nallar.tickthreading.minecraft.profiling.EntityTickProfiler$1.run(EntityTickProfiler.java:70)
2013-06-02 22:14:25 [SEVERE]at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

cpy

Jul 29, 2019
I get lot of those on build 1817, should i be worried?
Code:
2013-06-03 13:35:52 [INFO] [TickThreading] Threading initialised for world CPX/-1
2013-06-03 13:36:50 [SEVERE] [TickThreading] Failed to schedule leak check for CPX/-1
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timer already cancelled.
    at java.util.Timer.sched(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Timer.schedule(Unknown Source)
    at me.nallar.reporting.LeakDetector.scheduleLeakCheck(LeakDetector.java:24)
    at me.nallar.tickthreading.minecraft.TickThreading.onWorldUnload(TickThreading.java:282)
    at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler_178_TickThreading_onWorldUnload_Unload.invoke(.dynamic)
    at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:35)
    at net.minecraftforge.event.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:103)
    at net.minecraftforge.common.DimensionManager.unloadWorlds(DimensionManager.java:36)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:422)
    at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:269)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:293)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:195)
    at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

jp694

Jul 29, 2019
I get lot of those on build 1817, should i be worried?
Code:
2013-06-03 13:35:52 [INFO] [TickThreading] Threading initialised for world CPX/-1
2013-06-03 13:36:50 [SEVERE] [TickThreading] Failed to schedule leak check for CPX/-1
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timer already cancelled.
    at java.util.Timer.sched(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Timer.schedule(Unknown Source)
    at me.nallar.reporting.LeakDetector.scheduleLeakCheck(LeakDetector.java:24)
    at me.nallar.tickthreading.minecraft.TickThreading.onWorldUnload(TickThreading.java:282)
    at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler_178_TickThreading_onWorldUnload_Unload.invoke(.dynamic)
    at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:35)
    at net.minecraftforge.event.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:103)
    at net.minecraftforge.common.DimensionManager.unloadWorlds(DimensionManager.java:36)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:422)
    at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:269)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:293)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:195)
    at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

Have you turn world unloading off.

cpy

Jul 29, 2019
So i have set B:allowWorldUnloading=true
Is that the problem?
Looks like there are no more of those errors! :)
Thanks!

jp694

Jul 29, 2019
So i have set B:allowWorldUnloading=true
Is that the problem?
Looks like there are no more of those errors! :)
Thanks!
I have world unloading false I think certain plugins need it to be false.

Robbo905

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to disable TickThreading's built in anti-cheat? It incorrectly detects players moving incorrectly, and every time they teleport, it forces players momentum to 0. This way, Portal Gun Mod mechanics are broken as well as various other issues. Thanks.