This project has been discontinued.
TickThreading is not 100% stable. Please make sure to keep regular backups if you use it.
Make sure to check the mod compatibility list on the wiki before installation.
What it does:
* Ticks multiple worlds at the same time in different threads
* Ticks multiple entities and tile entities within worlds at the same time in different threads
* Performs movement updates in network threads, so players will move smoothly even if TPS is bad
* Adds profiling tools which allow you to find what's being slow
* Performs chunk loading and chunk generation asynchronously - no lag spikes from players logging in or teleporting
* Replacement mob spawning algorithm which is faster than in vanilla, while also fixing a long-standing bug causing mobs from to spawn underground too much during the day preventing any spawning at night
* Improved collision code which can handle thousands of mobs in a single block space without terrible TPS. Will still break clients.
* Many more small tweaks to minecraft's internals and other mods, both to improve performance and ensure that multithreading doesn't break everything.
Will this magically fix everything and make your TPS 20 with no CPU load? No. It should improve TPS, but I can give no guarantees. If performance is terrible, follow the guide on the wiki to record a profiling snapshot with jvisualvm so I can fix it.
See the wiki.
What to do when everything breaks:
Make an issue here, paste logs to http://gist.github.com/, pastie or pastebin. Make sure to give the full log - there's not much I can do if you only give me part of the problem!
See the commit log here: https://github.com/nallar/TickThreading/commits/master
YourKit is kindly supporting open source projects with its full-featured Java Profiler. YourKit, LLC is the creator of innovative and intelligent tools for profiling Java and .NET applications. Take a look at YourKit's leading software products:YourKit Java Profiler and YourKit .NET Profiler.