Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
TE3, TC in general, AE2, IC2.5, come on give us a hint. And all of those are redesigns if you mean any of them.
I know they are all redesigns. But it is like learning a language with mods.
You have vanilla which is your mother tongue, you know how to do almost everything, and when you discover a new word (MC updates) you may say it wrong a few times, but you quickly figure it out.
Then you learn a mod, for example, I am ok with French, and I was ok at AE. But when 1.7 came along it is like I had to learn Portuguese, there are a few similar things with both languages, but basically, it was a whole new thing. And that sorta sucks, especially when it is a mod that everyone has grown used to.

TC3-4 yes, there was a lot of changes, I won't deny that. But you could still get by, seeing as the Thaumonomicon taught you everything.

But TE, no issues with it. When you craft the machines in TE4 it is basically the same as TE3, if you wanted to, you could enjoy TE4 by playing exactly as you did in TE3, apart from their being a few changes to recipes, and not notice anything drastically different.
But can you do that with AE2? NOPE! The inscribers, and the meteors, and the controllers, and the channels, and the headaches, and the other stuff I dread to even think about. It's cool and all... but it is just like having to relearn the whole mod, which was pretty simple, and didn't really need guides, but now is on a Reika difficulty level (in my mind)

Reactions: Master_Builder_800

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I know they are all redesigns. But it is like learning a language with mods.
You have vanilla which is your mother tongue, you know how to do almost everything, and when you discover a new word (MC updates) you may say it wrong a few times, but you quickly figure it out.
Then you learn a mod, for example, I am ok with French, and I was ok at AE. But when 1.7 came along it is like I had to learn Portuguese, there are a few similar things with both languages, but basically, it was a whole new thing. And that sorta sucks, especially when it is a mod that everyone has grown used to.

TC3-4 yes, there was a lot of changes, I won't deny that. But you could still get by, seeing as the Thaumonomicon taught you everything.

But TE, no issues with it. When you craft the machines in TE4 it is basically the same as TE3, if you wanted to, you could enjoy TE4 by playing exactly as you did in TE3, apart from their being a few changes to recipes, and not notice anything drastically different.
But can you do that with AE2? NOPE! The inscribers, and the meteors, and the controllers, and the channels, and the headaches, and the other stuff I dread to even think about. It's cool and all... but it is just like having to relearn the whole mod, which was pretty simple, and didn't really need guides, but now is on a Reika difficulty level (in my mind)
I never really had a problem with AE, but I get what you mean.

Also I meant TE2-TE3

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
The fact that you can't edit a previous character in some textboxes bust instead have to delete and retype until that character

Reactions: 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
How signs can't be placed on my forehead.

MyPrettySeahorse-PatrickwithNailandBoardonHead.jpg

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
the fact that you cant hold backspace in AE to delete all the text but you can in NEI
And when you can right click NEI's search bar to clear it and it doesn't always work in AE.

And how AE clears the NEI search every time I enter or exit the terminals.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Creating a new world, go exploring and not seeing any sheep the entire day.

Yeah I hate it when they little sheeps are awol on a new world.

what drives me batty these days is when you have a pocket or cave under a swamp biome and spend forever trying to find out where that damn Slopping sound is coming from. Those swamp slimes sure like to spawn in the hardest to find places.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I really dislike how I can't use gunpowder as furnace fuel, I mean, it seems like it would be a good fuel source, though it would burn in like 3 seconds.

Reactions: 1SDAN