Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Bingo. Modpack specific issues should be directed at the modpack Devs. I've never had issues with TiC Tools beyond the fact that they are insanely good(usually much more so then the cost would imply).

Well, that, and that TiC Shortbows are crap since you can't get infinity and even though the arrows can be recovered 100% of the time, that 100% of the time assumes that they aren't, say, in lava or in the void, or any other sort of "yeah, you ain't gettin' that back" location. Which means that the 100% of the time assumes a fight occurs only on the overworld far away from any fluids.
It would be cool if there was a coin of fortune type item that worked on arrows that had finished their flight.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Such as the coin of fortune? Or do you mean one that worked only on arrows?
The coin of fortune doesn't work on arrows that have been shot. You still have to walk right up to them to pick them up. But having an item that works just like the coin of fortune but has the ability to retrieve arrows for you at range would be nice, making more expensive arrows less risky.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
The coin of fortune doesn't work on arrows that have been shot. You still have to walk right up to them to pick them up. But having an item that works just like the coin of fortune but has the ability to retrieve arrows for you at range would be nice, making more expensive arrows less risky.
Huh.

Well don't that beat all.
I mean, the Magnet from Dartcraft can work on arrows; if you don't mind risking getting hit with them. Other then that, I'd have assumed it would work.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

I can see a lot of people shooting themselves with boomerang arrows...
(which makes this a very good idea)

[JBG]Magikarp

Jul 29, 2019
Mining diamonds, emeralds, redstone or lapis in the new thaumic tinkerer dimension, it just drops tons of xp and kills my framerate (I went in there with lvl10, now I'm 130)

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Mining diamonds, emeralds, redstone or lapis in the new thaumic tinkerer dimension, it just drops tons of xp and kills my framerate (I went in there with lvl10, now I'm 130)

Try killing the ender dragon with Hardcore Ender Expansion. I hit level 430 I kid you not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RedBoss

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
EU-splitter cables in 1.4.7.

Nice idea, being capable of cutting off EU supply to over-draining machines, but my oh my are their Redstone current requirements a pain in the back to cope with. They can't take a current from cables nor levers, there has to be Redstone Torches or Dust involved. In a cramped base with cables strung everywhere, it can be a nightmare to get the system right.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
When a certain someone decided that all of his blocks had to explode for arbitrary reasons and required energy to remove the blocks as well.

That and creepers. RIP ME Drive /w full ME cell storage.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
When a certain someone decided that all of his blocks had to explode for arbitrary reasons and required energy to remove the blocks as well.

That and creepers. RIP ME Drive /w full ME cell storage.
Extra Cells would have helped with it's Obsidian Reinforced ME Drive(a godsend IMO).

Reactions: Staxed

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
When creepers decide to blow anyway- even though you're well outside the blast radius.

Explosions for arbitrary reasons are fine as long as the arbitrary reason is ultimately controlled by the player.
Actually any griefing mechanic is annoying when you can't control it within the context of the game...

Hammurabi

Jul 29, 2019
When creepers decide to blow anyway- even though you're well outside the blast radius.

Explosions for arbitrary reasons are fine as long as the arbitrary reason is ultimately controlled by the player.
Actually any griefing mechanic is annoying when you can't control it within the context of the game...

When creepers decide to blow randomly when you're not even in the same chunk. I've converted my mob grinder to the TE blast resistant glass because 1 in 500 creepers decides to explode on death and it kept popping my Chisel glass.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Does anyone else have a problem with creepers hanging out on the other side of the twilight forest portals?

I can't tell you how many times I enter the TF just to hear an explosion and wave bye bye to my portal home. I always always take a diamond with me when I decide to go for a TF jaunt.

Reactions: RedBoss

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Does anyone else have a problem with creepers hanging out on the other side of the twilight forest portals?

I can't tell you how many times I enter the TF just to hear an explosion and wave bye bye to my portal home. I always always take a diamond with me when I decide to go for a TF jaunt.

Thats vanilla MC- they'll do it to any portal.
(mobs enter from the overworld, nether/end/TF is unloaded so the mobs sit there until a player goes through.)
--just build something around the portal to keep 'em out.

Reactions: Pyure and RedBoss

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Nether ore explosions, specifically now they affect vanilla things like quartz. It's happened several times now ffs.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Nether ore explosions, specifically now they affect vanilla things like quartz. It's happened several times now ffs.
I'm 99.9% certain that's a config change. I hate nether ores. With SO many ways of 3x or more ore processing, I never going to mine in the nether anyways. Thank goodness for the digital miner. I can get all the quartz I want.

Also I'll never use a TiCo bow because there's no way I give a flip about chasing arrows.

What irks me is that I can't have villagers wandering in large spaces in my base because zombies always find and kill them. Even with a magnum torch present and my near certainty that every spawn place is lit and the room is secure.

Reactions: YX33A and Padfoote