Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
You know the one reason vanilla bows will always be better to me?? Infinity enchant. It would be nice if the TiC would allow a modifier for it, even if it only worked with vanilla arrows. I understand you can get your TiC arrows back, so you don't need infinity, but how many times do you shoot something where you CAN'T get them back?
Bone bow for the win (and I haven't even tried the shard arrows yet)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You know the one reason vanilla bows will always be better to me?? Infinity enchant?
The thing I don't like about TiCo bows is the self-repair. If it repairs itself while I am drawing it, the draw is cancelled and re-starts, so I keep firing arrows at half draw strength. And I didn't put repair on it myself, it got that automatically as part of the Iguana Tweaks tool progression. Is there any way to remove a modifier? I'm not averse to using an NBT editor or other external tool.

Reactions: [JBG]Magikarp

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
The thing I don't like about TiCo bows is the self-repair. If it repairs itself while I am drawing it, the draw is cancelled and re-starts, so I keep firing arrows at half draw strength. And I didn't put repair on it myself, it got that automatically as part of the Iguana Tweaks tool progression. Is there any way to remove a modifier? I'm not averse to using an NBT editor or other external tool.
There probably is, but I never modified a TiC tool because of the fact that one wrong move will make that item unusable.

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
Still on the subject of books, the lack of documentation on a wiki too is annoying. Started using PR new pipes, really liked them but not sure if I've got the right set up.

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
1. I hate when you have to make an animal farm, you must put it far from your frequented spots otherwise sounds will drive you crazy. Can make a muffler, but still.
2. Infusion crafting, distillation and research.
3. Can't find a necessary mob for hours. Can find easily when not needed. And it is worse in multiplayer.

On #1 I use a little mod called SoundControl (I think... At work now) that allows me to adjust or mute any sound in the game. Works like a charm even if I only typically use it for villagers and chickens. Works for mod sounds, too, I believe.

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
It's not so much a in-game thing, but too many modders make the same mistake; they thrown their block IDs and Item IDs right at the end of the ranges. I guess they all think that no one else would assign them there?

Also even less of a in game thing, but there is too much shitposting on these forums. I won't name names(and why would I?), but it's annoying.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I hate vanilla enchanting. Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate it. I want Enchanting Plus in every pack.
On that note, fuck the Vanilla Enchanting Changes in 1.whatever they're adding it in. It's one thing to make a system that is pure RNG and force you to suck it up if you don't get the enchantment you want or accept that you wasted materials and experience, it's another to give us a way to see how you're gonna screw us over and give us no way to bypass that shit except enchant something else, running the chance of getting fucked in two ways, and eventually if you have nothing but shit enchantments waiting for you, you have to pick one regardless. Plus it apparently costs Lapis. Not that that stuff is rare, but still, why Lapis? Why not, dunno, paper, or books? Y'know, something renewable.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I think they chose lapis so lapis actually has a use (so this makes enchanting non-renewable).
Overall it adds little -if anything- to gameplay, and the way they set it out just kills all the magic you'd otherwise associate with enchanting.
Probably the only upside is you know you're getting screwed so you can waste it on a wooden pick instead of a diamond.
Bad things coming guys

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I think they chose lapis so lapis actually has a use (so this makes enchanting non-renewable).
Overall it adds little -if anything- to gameplay, and the way they set it out just kills all the magic you'd otherwise associate with enchanting.
Probably the only upside is you know you're getting screwed so you can waste it on a wooden pick instead of a diamond.
Bad things coming guys
Is it fair game to blame Dinnerbone for this? Or are we supposed to blame Jeb now?

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Really? How can that happen?
You don't know about some Hexxit bugs then. In Hexxit, the Technicpack adventure pack, there is betterdungeons and TiC. Sometimes TiC tools spawn in the dungeons, and they look like a multicolored gas. Using these will crash your game.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
It's not so much a in-game thing, but too many modders make the same mistake; they thrown their block IDs and Item IDs right at the end of the ranges. I guess they all think that no one else would assign them there?

Forge on default puts them put them there, unless you do something fancy. It's not a fancy modder idea, it's a derpy forge thing.

gokogt386

Jul 29, 2019
You don't know about some Hexxit bugs then. In Hexxit, the Technicpack adventure pack, there is betterdungeons and TiC. Sometimes TiC tools spawn in the dungeons, and they look like a multicolored gas. Using these will crash your game.
... which is the fault of the configs making them generate there. You could probably change it (or bug the server owner to change it) by just going into the configs.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
... which is the fault of the configs making them generate there. You could probably change it (or bug the server owner to change it) by just going into the configs.
Bingo. Modpack specific issues should be directed at the modpack Devs. I've never had issues with TiC Tools beyond the fact that they are insanely good(usually much more so then the cost would imply).

Well, that, and that TiC Shortbows are crap since you can't get infinity and even though the arrows can be recovered 100% of the time, that 100% of the time assumes that they aren't, say, in lava or in the void, or any other sort of "yeah, you ain't gettin' that back" location. Which means that the 100% of the time assumes a fight occurs only on the overworld far away from any fluids.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Not on a server. Besides, this happens if you just /give the item id to yourself. And, not to be mean, by this was so long ago, I'm sure it was fixed by now.